• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Down Time

gennee

I took some down time this week. I didn't go out in public until today. I was a little down for a couple of days but I'm fine now. I have changed quite a bit from this time last year. I declared myself a transgenderist in May. This decision has altered my life in that I desire to give more. The down time has allowed me to assess where I need to go next. I don't have any clear direction yet but the answer will come in due time.

I strolled along the pier today. It was partly sunny with a west wind blowing off the river. It's here that I feel the most complete. It's as if all the baggage society heaps on us is taken away with the breeze. Watching the currents of the water was soothing. Down time is not depressing but a time that I can know I'm on the right track.

Gennee

:D

Guest DeniseNM

Gennee I am glad that you took some down time for yourself because we all need to do that every now and then. It can help us look at where we are and where we have been and recharge our batteries. Glad you are doing okay.

Denise

Thank you, Denise. I'm doing much better now. Still on down time but things are getting clearer. I changed a lot in the last year and now it is a matter of settling in. There was a song in 1970 called "Still Waters Run Deep". This is how my experience has been to this point.

Gennee

:)