• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

"the Hero's And Heroines Of Laura's Playground"

Guest Zabrak

Also, I wanted to point out but not be rude...the people who fall for this guy are the people who are slow with computers. They claim your numbers are false based on 'forum count'. Obviously they don't understand the difference between a chat system and forum system. They are two different types of systems that require different set ups and sign ups(unless you want to waste a lot of time programming them together...It can be done but it would be too much trouble in my mind.). Just because the forum shows less people, doesn't say anything about the instant chat.

I wish everyone was computer savvy, so no one would fall for this guys lies...

Guest ~Brenda~

Dearest Laura,

The TRUTH is on your side. You are a woman of great strength, conviction, and determination. I admire your caring, your wisdom, your selfless love for everyone. Guan Tanamo and others like that twerp are merely annoying mosquitoes that one slaps dead without hesitation.

Everyone here and outside of here know what an incredible human being you are. You are respected the world over. The entire planet is a far better place because of you and Laura's Playground.

Laura,

You know that we are all completely dedicated to you, to each other, to Laura's Playground.

Love you

Brenda

Laura,

What can I say, you have once again pinned the perfect response.

I am always proud to support this site and the work that is done here and I am even more proud that you have allowed me to be a moderator.

It is the greatest job that you will never get paid for!

The feeling of actually helping someone is a feeling that can not be duplicated any other way.

When you look at the numbers and see what all of us here including the members have done each day you must have the greatext feeling just knowing how many people we have touched and helped.

But you are not one to sit back and enjoy that for very long bevause there are so many more thet need us.

Congratulations Laura for being as strong as you are, when I sink about as low as I possibly can go I thinl about you and the people here who need help and it gives me a reason to continue.

So you see there is another one for your numbers, you saved me without my ever going into a crisis room or the suicide prevention forum and there are bound to be others.

Thank you Laura, for being you, for this site and for my life,

Sally

Guest SharleahLynn

Although I may not be the very brightest bulb in the pack , I sure as hell ain't the burnt out one . As Karen said in the beginning , both she and I been here almost from day one . I will place my prevention record up against anyone at anytime, I personally have averaged keeping over 100 people from doing theirselves in per year . I alone am credited with 543 saved lives and no losses. Who can touch that ?And anyone can ask Laura about my methods , they are unorthodox as the day is long , but I do not lose. Allowing 1 person to carry out this heinous act equals a failure on my part , and I DO NOT FAIL . Failure is not a permited option when a live is being held in your hands and one wrong remark could result in an ultimate disaster. To me that is unexcusable . Sure , I am unorthodox in my methods , but that is how we got a high success rate . Anyone open to challenge me ?

This is the exact reason I was made in charge of suicide prevention .

Laura , lets keep rockin on Boss , the work done on this site is way beyond awesome, it is the DEVOTION and DEDICATION that is poured into our work here that makes this site as awesome as it is and it is the training the staff gets that stands up for our fabulous record . High 5 Boss I curtsey to you. DOES THIS MAKE US HEROES OR HEROINES , OR JUST VERY HUMAN ?

SharleahLynn

Guest Jean Davis

I think Laura's Playground is an excellent site , anyone who spends any time here knows that . There's nothing I would believe from someone who's so negative and has no facts to back up his accusations.

Jean Davis

Guest jamielynn

I have been active on this site for only a short time but from the amount of time I have been here this is a wonderful site and I would highly recomend it.A big hugg to you Laura and thank you for this wonderful site.

• 6 years later...

I'm curious if anyone has drilled down into the suicide rates to see the correlation between the combination of factors,

For example, if the 35% suicide rate includes the entire spectrum from fetish dressers to cross-dressers to transsexuals, what is the suicide rate for those who are higher on the scale, those who know they want to transition and even have difficulty functioning in birth gender?

What if we add support/rejection level, say 1 for rejected by everyone to 6 for supported by everyone?

Also, how many tried "suicide on the installment plan", including drugs, alcohol, obesity, and high risk behaviors?

Thank you so much, all of you who work at Laura's Playground. The site has been a huge help to me both in encouraging me to transition, but also giving me hope and knowing that I was not alone.

To Laura and all the wonderful people on this site I am truly amazed at the caring and compassion I have found here

I have searched the web for sites to help with my lifelong confusion heartache and total lack of any kind of information about what I am going through and have found no equal to Laura's not even close you have helped me understand that I am not a freak or alone as I have believed for over fifty years

thankyou thankyou thankyou

bobbisue