• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Chakra

Guest Leigh

Guest Leigh

so...chakra is a pretty complicated concept (as many spiritual concepts are...)

and i have been very, very interested in it of late, as i have felt for some time that dualistic ideas in western philosophy destroy the concepts of spirituality... being interested in physics and being a very spiritual person, the idea of Chakra appealed to me more than any other concept i have seen.

so i just wanted to share this with everyone here, and see what you think:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra

^basic concept.

other than that, if anyone knows of a similar concept in another religious/spiritual heritage, i'd love to look at it as well.

or if you know about Chakra, do you have any good exercises to help balance the 7 levels?

peace&love

leigh

the first step is to be aware of your own energy, and how it balances. once you can see and feel your energy, then there is a good exercise to manipulate it. you try and focus your energy into a ball, and in time with your breathing, move it from your feet to your head, and then back down. that is the way i started, i'm still not that good with chakras, but i'm improving. but this is a good place to start, you need to be able to sense and move energy before you can begin to clear your chakras if you are anything like me. though i guess for some, it would be easier to start with chakras. this is just the way i learned, i'm sure there are many ways. hope it helped. good luck in learning, i hope i've helped somehow, cause i'm really just self-taught, i'm no expert.

Guest NatalieRene
the first step is to be aware of your own energy, and how it balances. once you can see and feel your energy, then there is a good exercise to manipulate it. you try and focus your energy into a ball, and in time with your breathing, move it from your feet to your head, and then back down. that is the way i started, i'm still not that good with chakras, but i'm improving. but this is a good place to start, you need to be able to sense and move energy before you can begin to clear your chakras if you are anything like me. though i guess for some, it would be easier to start with chakras. this is just the way i learned, i'm sure there are many ways. hope it helped. good luck in learning, i hope i've helped somehow, cause i'm really just self-taught, i'm no expert.

The only energy I've ever felt swirling around me has always been from outside and just a constant breeze. Actually I don't know if swirling is really the correct term, maybe more like radiating. I've always thought I was just being neurotic though.

I don't understand though how do you focus your energy? Do you mean like meditation?

Guest Leigh

@Natalie, first the energies definitely have purposes, they are the spiritual/electric balance to our "physical" bodies. (though, as i said, i am not a dualist, this is just the best way i have of describing it). if you can feel any type of energy, even if it is not from you, that is a good thing. it means you are in some way spiritually aware, not neurotic. (society will try to tell us we are wrong, but as you know they judge what they do not understand). PM me if you want to talk about energies more. i will give you what advice i can.

@Skyy, thanks. i have seen this exercise before, i will see what i can do with it. also, i don't know many who aren't self taught, the closest to anything else is people who do martial arts, but you have to hope that your teacher is also spiritually aware. also, PM me if you would like to discuss energies more. i am always a bit wary of posting in length about it for fear that i will confuse someone.

thanks for your interest.

peace&love

leigh

yea, i wasnt very specific, but you are right, meditation is the way. you have to relax everything to see what you are working with, it is sort of a visualization thing. i sometimes feel a vibration or pressure where it is, but yea, the best way is to meditate, for me at least.

Guest NatalieRene

Interesting

Root: under-active (6%)

Sacral: open (25%)

Navel: under-active (6%)

Heart: open (31%)

Throat: open (56%)

Third Eye: open (63%)

Crown: open (31%)

It seems I have two areas I really need to work on.

Guest Leigh
Kia Ora Leigh,

:rolleyes: Has anyone taken the chakra test???

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/chakratest.php

Metta Jendar :)

i actually took this earlier today..

i never really trust these things, but it's better than trying to guess on my own..as i thought, mine were all low..the highest was my third eye which was at 6%....lol....

i'm going to start meditating etc every day..i wish there was some way i could learn tai chi with a professional, since that's supposed to help..i'll see what i can find on my own though..

thanks for the link.

peace&love

leigh

Guest Leigh
i actually took this earlier today..

i never really trust these things, but it's better than trying to guess on my own..as i thought, mine were all low..the highest was my third eye which was at 6%....lol....

i'm going to start meditating etc every day..i wish there was some way i could learn tai chi with a professional, since that's supposed to help..i'll see what i can find on my own though..

thanks for the link.

peace&love

leigh

i think that it's mostly this low because i am currently focused so much on trying to move...which makes me neglect most everything else i'm doing (except my constant attempts to find something close to "truth" which is...well...hard to say the least).

but i hope i'm not really as closed as this test says, since i think that i am a fairly open person and am always trying to improve myself.....

oh well, all i can do is keep trying.

just wanted to put a disclaimer on my low scores..lol

peace&love

Root: 13%

Sacral: 75%

Naval: 50%

Heart: 69%

Throat: 31%

Third Eye: 81%

Crown: 31%

thats pretty interesting. i wasnt aware of how far my sacral has come, it was once underactive. my throat was too, but coming to grips with my transgenderism is helping a lot. my third eye has always been crazy active, if it gets too strong, it can give me headaches. but believe it or not, its actually gotton less active. :lol: i'm starting to lose crown energy, i'm gonna work on that. my root...well all i can do is try to be more comfortable in uncomfortable places, i'm sure coming out is gonna force this one to open. thats about it for me, and it seems to line up with what i've been seeing, so that's good.

Guest S. Chrissie

Fascinating, I have very unbalanced chakra points.

Root: under-active (-44%)

Sacral: under-active (-19%)

Navel: under-active (-31%)

Heart: open (19%)

Throat: open (19%)

Third Eye: open (13%)

Crown: open (13%)

Sherlyn

Guest Zenda

Kia Ora,

With test like this I clicked the first thought and feeling that comes to 'mind'...

Root open 63

Sacral open 44

Navel open 38

Heart open 63

Throat open 38

Third eye open 44

Crown over active 73

I guess 'over active' is better than 'under active' :rolleyes: or is it??? ;)

Guest Naomi Stardust

Root: under-active (0%)

Sacral: open (13%)

Navel: under-active (-31%)

Heart: open (38%)

Throat: open (50%)

Third Eye: open (50%)

Crown: open (31%)

my score

My score with the chakra test:

Root: under-active (-38%)

Sacral: under-active (0%)

Navel: open (44%)

Heart: under-active (-19%)

Throat: open (56%)

Third Eye: open (63%)

Crown: open (13%)

I found it interesting that, in the one's I'm underactive in:

Root: attachment to your body (LOL)

Sacral: sexuality, attachment to others, etc.

Heart: love, kindness and affection.

Pretty accurate I think.

愛 Eth

Guest Zenda

Kia Ora,

:rolleyes: For those interested... here's another insight into what the different chakras represent...It's from 'Auras and Chakras'-Harnessing the energy within by Fiona Toy

The meaning of the Sanskrit name of the first chakra, Muladhara, is "root," and it is this first chakra that acts as our root, and is concerned with our connection to the earth and our very basic, fundamental needs for survival - sustenance, shelter, the health of our physical body, and safety.

If the energy of this chakra is depleted or blocked, our connection to nature and the world around us may be weakened. As a result, we are likely to feel "spacey" or "ungrounded," and less stable. In this condition, we may neglect our physical needs, and we may become unhealthy and weak as a result of this neglect.

If the energy of this chakra is over stimulated, we may become too attached to things of the physical world, and place too much importance on material wealth and possessions. We may be unable to develop the "higher" levels of our nature because we are afraid to risk losing these possessions. A miser, a person who is unable to enjoy their wealth for fear of losing it, is the perfect example of the energy of this chakra being out of balance.

This chakra is often referred to as the "base" chakra.

The energy of the second chakra is concerned with change, with cre¬ating form from formlessness. Our creativity, whether it is expressed artistically, academically, physically, or in the ultimate creative act ¬producing a child - is the energy of the second chakra. Second chakra energy is also the source of our sexuality. A free flow of energy through this chakra will be manifested as vitality and a passionate approach to life.

The Sanskrit name of this chakra roughly translates as "to sweeten," as the energy of this chakra is concerned with the pleasures of life, with desires, and with nurturing ourselves and our creativity. When it is in balance, this chakra brings an immense amount of pleasure into our lives. It allows us to see the beauty in the people and things around us, and allows us to take delight in our own creative abilities and passions.

If we have an excess of energy in this chakra, we may be overly focused on satisfying our desires, or unaware or unwilling to acknowledge that it is not always necessary or healthy to have all our desires met. If we have depleted energy levels in this chakra, we may deprive ourselves of any pleasure, or try to deny that we have any desires, and thus stifle our creativity and our passion.

This chakra is often referred to as the "belly" or "spleen" chakra.

The energy of the third chakra is concerned with personal power. Our sense of our place in the world, our confidence in ourselves, and our self-esteem are centred on this chakra. It is the seat of our will. Our ability to stand by our convictions and carry out what we have willed is dependent on the energy of this chakra.

With this chakra out of balance, we may be overly sensitive to the reactions of other people, feeling indifference or coolness as rejection, and anything less than totally positive feedback as criticism of ourselves. Our "inner critic" may also be operating at a level where we have little confidence in our capabilities, our worthiness, or our chances of being loved.

When this chakra is in balance, we are able to accept the responsibili-

ties that are truly ours and be confident in our actions and abilities. We are able to decide how we wish to act and then maintain our chosen courses of action. We will also be able to function without the approval of everyone around us. The courage and strength to be who we are with¬out outside approval is a sign of healthy self-esteem.

This chakra is often referred to as the "solar plexus" or "navel" chakra PS It's meant to be yellow but as you can see it's hard to read in yellow....

The fourth chakra is concerned with unconditional love. It affects our ability to consider others, to be gentle in our expectations of ourselves, and to empathize with the challenges and the joys experienced by others. It is the link between our intellect and our spiritual selves.

Unconditional love is a state of being - it can also be a conscious decision. We can engage our will (the third chakra) and direct the love of the fourth chakra to all those around us. When we are aware of how all things are interconnected, and give unconditional love to all those around us, we have a great sense of inner peace and well-being.

A person who is continually giving, even when they are in need them¬selves, is likely to be out of balance in third chakra energy (see page 40). Similarly, someone who denies any empathy with those around them and is unable to show compassion would likely have depleted energy in the fourth chakra.

This chakra is often referred to as the ((heart" chakra.

Expression and communication, both verbal and non-verbal, are the themes of the fifth chakra. Some mystics believe that the throat chakra is responsible for the telepathic abilities that are often associated with "picking up" on the thoughts of others. You may be experiencing these abilities when you know that the phone is about to ring before it does, or when you know who is on the phone before you answer a call. From an energy viewpoint, this kind of telepathy is possible because every living thing is connected by the energy that flows through the chakras.

When this chakra is in balance, we are considered and thoughtful with our communications, and aware of how they affect those around us. We are able to express our needs and our desires, and maintain our personal integrity with our communications - to "speak our truth" without being hurtful to others.

When this chakra is out of balance, we are likely to be over-talkative, and to speak about nothing in particular. In this state, it is very difficult for us to listen, and those around us are unlikely to spend very long listening to us. When we have depleted energy in this chakra, we are likely to be uncommunicative, or we give unclear messages in our non¬verbal communications.

This chakra is often referred to as the "throat" chakra.

This chakra is often referred to as the "brow" or "third eye" chakra

The third eye is the chakra where the conscious meets the unconscious! where our imagination and inner "sight" reside. The development of this chakra involves becoming more aware of our intuition and extrasensory perception. This is the energy of clairvoyance! and of other abilities such as precognition (the ability

to know of an event before it happens) and psychometry (the ability to "sense" information about an event or a person by touching or holding a related object).

An excess of energy in this chakra can mean that a person will be too influenced by the psychic realm, and may become "ungrounded," disorganized or disoriented, and appear "spacey." A depletion of sixth chakra energy can lead to a person being seen as narrow-minded and fixed in their thinking. They may be uncomfortable with anything that challenges them to think or feel something beyond their usual "tunnel vision."

If we have a balanced sixth chakra, we can utilize this additional information and combine it with our innate wisdom in order to make decisions that are not based on fear or ego. We are able to use our minds and the power of visualization to have a positive impact on our sur¬roundings, and improve the quality of our lives and the lives of those around us.

The seventh chakra is about insight, inner "knowing/, and self-¬realization. It is the home of our spirituality and our connection with the divine. The Sanskrit name for this chakra means "thousand fold," referring to the number of petals of the lotus that represents this chakra. It symbolizes the unlimited nature of our thought processes.

This chakra is the portal through which the energy that is the human life force enters the body. From the seventh chakra, this energy filters down through every other part of the body and through each of the other chakras. The strength and vitality of this energy in a person reflects their level of personal development.

Developed to its full potential, the energy of this chakra brings the highest level of consciousness, and is an indication that the person has mastered the challenges of all the other chakras.

Many healers and mystics believe that humankind, as part of the evolutionary process, is moving toward an ever larger number of people who are fully developing this chakra. When the majority of people have developed the crown chakra, it is expected that humankind will take a great step forward, away from the needs and conflicts of the lower chakras toward a more spiritually oriented existence.

This chakra is often referred to as the "crown" or "coronal" chakra.

Remember... When 'knowing' what the problem is-one is on the road to solving it!

Don't forget to check out the "How to open' link on the site....

Happy Open Chakras-An open heart leads to an open mind an open mind leads to contentment...

Guest NatalieRene

Thank you that was very informative and it's uncanny how accurate that sounds at least reflecting on my life up until recently.

Guest Zenda

Kia Ora,

You're all more than welcome...

I'm ^_^ that's you have found it of some benefit/use...And I hope that you pass the info on to people you know who could do with an energy boost...

• 10 months later...
Guest Jessie05

I received this

Root: under-active (12%)

Sacral: open (31%)

Navel: open (69%)

Heart: over-active (75%)

Throat: over-active (75%)

Third Eye: open (44%)

Crown: open (44%)

Need to work on the Root a lot I suppose.

• 1 month later...
Guest Leigh

well...

i've only gotten worse.. time to get back to doing yoga.....

test scores:

Root:under-active(-69%) Sacral:under-active(-62%) Navel:under-active(-50%) Heart:under-active(-50%) Throat:under-active(-31%) Third Eye:under-active(-25%) Crown:open(12%)

sad.....

peace&love

Guest Lady.Violette

I was surprised that I got Over-active at the throat, but everything else. I feel like I already knew I'm very open.

Results:

Root: open (31%)

Sacral: open (56%)

Navel: open (38%)

Heart: open (31%)

Throat: over-active (75%)

Third Eye: open (38%)

Crown: open (44%)

Gotta work on my root and my heart more :P