• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Why Is It Sometimes Hard?

Guest Emily H

Guest Emily H

This kind of goes along with my doubt topic, but why is it sometimes hard to get motivated and dress, when I have the opportunity and even want to, its just sometimes hard to actually get dressed. And sometimes I'll feel bored while dressed and just..take it off. I don't' know why I do though, it doesn't' feel wrong, it just sometimes feels... boring. Not always the case though, only recently...God I guess I just got lost from Andrea, after not being able to come out as her for a couple weeks due to work...I think that...really messed em up.

Any other ideas?

~Andrea

• Admin

Andrea, just a suggestion, but maybe you've gotten into too much of a routine.

Try doing something different with your approach to dressing, or maybe its time for a new outfit or two?

Do you have music on when you dress? Maybe that would help set up your mood.

Carolyn Marie

This kind of goes along with my doubt topic, but why is it sometimes hard to get motivated and dress, when I have the opportunity and even want to, its just sometimes hard to actually get dressed. And sometimes I'll feel bored while dressed and just..take it off. I don't' know why I do though, it doesn't' feel wrong, it just sometimes feels... boring. Not always the case though, only recently...God I guess I just got lost from Andrea, after not being able to come out as her for a couple weeks due to work...I think that...really messed em up.

Any other ideas?

~Andrea

I know that happens to me . I think it is part of our androgeny....when I feel that lethargy I just walk away or I wear a pair of women's panties underneath my "man" clothes.. the feeling does return, maybe a day later a week later but always sooner or later. This is part of who we are..amazing isn't it we all share these same things......

Guest ChloëC

Andrea,

Maybe not for the same reasons, but I can understand a little. Sometimes, I want to dress, but I find if I don't think I will have the time I need to do it the way I really want to, or if I do dress and then start worrying that someone not knowing will accidently barge in (lots of people we know think nothing of stopping by), I lose the moment, and with it, the desire. I don't like it, but it's something I've learned to live with. So I try to grab the moments when I can, and enjoy them. Plan for the few hours - or days, yes, they do come, rarely, but still - and enjoy them while I can.

I do like Carolyn Marie's idea of doing things differently, so sometimes I try to imagine myself in some, oh, situation or setting where I try different looks. It does work.

And then as I mentioned elsewhere, I wonder if there's some rhythm to all this. The mood/desire strengthens and then lessens, and both are often surprises to me.

Sometimes, just a deep breath and let it come to me, for when I can, the moment is just so relaxing.

Guest EricaG

Andrea

I think Chloe is on to something, I go through these mood swings myself maybe it coincides with the cycles of the moon, just a thought.

Erica

Guest *Elizabeth Anne*

Well different for me I guess - I am ALWAYS Elizabeth.

But - somedays you feel like a nut - some days you don't.

I will somedays just put on my jeans and wash the car, when I have a chance to do the full routine - but don't feel like it. Part of accepting yourself as you are , I think.

Probably a good thing.

lizzy