• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Thank You

I am an operation iraqi freedom 06=08 vet. I served as an MP and havnt even been out a year. Until I found this site. I thought I had to be the only ftm to ever serve. Lol. Seems pretty hilarious now. Thank you all for your service...and for the integrity to live as you were meant to. I think I've found some new people to look up to.:)

Guest Donna Jean

Hello, Hon....

I'm Donna Jean....

C-130 loadmaster..Vietnam 1969-70...

Glad you're here back in the real world with us...

It's good to have you!

There are quite a few Transgendered vets here...I think that you'll like the whole forum...so get in there and post!

BIGG HUGG!

Donna Jean

• 2 weeks later...

Jack be very careful in outing yourself to the troops things are tough for the gay and trans. community in the milatary..Do your outing with us we love to chat and listen to stories...

My best Mia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gina9223
I am an operation iraqi freedom 06=08 vet. I served as an MP and havnt even been out a year. Until I found this site. I thought I had to be the only ftm to ever serve. Lol. Seems pretty hilarious now. Thank you all for your service...and for the integrity to live as you were meant to. I think I've found some new people to look up to.:)

Um... Jack? I was in a command that had 3 FtM's in it. Also 2 MtF's, 1 Gay man and 20+ 'Lesbians or Bi-Sexuals'. I put the 'quote marks' around Lesbian and Bi-sexual because we all knew that the only reason that they stood up was because their supervisor was the first trans person outted and taken to captians mast. His entire workforce stood up for him...and they all got booted. (actually, if you in the sandbox or going...not a bad idea to do) That was in 1994. Biggest witch hunt I that I ever saw. About 30 people total kicked out. Hopefully sooner than later they'll change the policy.

So, you are not the first or alone. (((HUGS)))

• Forum Moderator

Hey Jack, Welcome Aboard :D You will find this the Best and most secure forum on the Net. Laura and the Mods work their butts off to keep it that way and we all appreciate it.

Anyway, so are you out of the service now, or tied up in the Reserve? There's some "old Salty Vets" here that you can trust and ask questions. They will be able to help you to the best of their ability and if they can't help you they will steer you in the right direction.

Sadly, the VA ain't all that organized on the subject of FtM oe MtF; even though some of the shinks and drs are willing to learn. It just takes time, plus you have to remember that some very powerful people control the VA and the money train [ I'm sure that an MP can figure that out].

Our grandson did 2 tours in Iraq and now is in Afghanistan; he's a Capt in MI.

Mike [ Bulldog]

Guest Donna Jean

Hi, Bulldog! Love ya!

Jack.......

The vets get very little...we have to cover our own..

Some VA's do a lot and some do squat!

Some of us can get Therapists through them and some even can get hormones...

You've got to check around...It's in our court!

Loadmaster...

Vietnam 1969-70

C-130's

Good 'ole Donna Jean

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DeniseNM

Jack welcome home brother. I was over there in Iraq 03 - 04. Yeah I think we have all at one time thought that we we alone in being trans in the military but we weren't. In fact the group TAVA (Transgendered American Veterans Association - the largest trans veterans group and lobbying group in the country) estimates that the number of trans veterans are at (conservatively) 300,000+. So there are alot of us out there. If you want you can check their website out at tavausa.org. Again welcome home and glad you found your way here to our little slice of heaven on the net.

Denise