• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Beautiful Nature Of The Gender Gifted

Sally

The Beautiful Nature Of The Gender Gifted

By Sally Michelle Jackson

People look and see a shell but never the real me

A kind heart and a gentle soul is what I aim to be

But I was born with a weird twist of fate

Something I learned to deal with so late

My mind, my heart and even my soul were that of a woman

But at first I thought I was cursed with a body that was a man

As I grow older and transition into the twilight of my years

I have embraced my true self and set aside all of my fears

Realizing at last it is not a curse but a gift

A feeling of rightness giving my spirits lift

I sit at my keyboard and the feelings just flow

No longer afraid to just let my feelings show

As a man I was ridiculed and in fact derided

Because my place was so long ago decided

The compassion and caring that is so good for my heart

Seemed to others mismatched with my body at the start

But now as a woman in the Autumn of her years

I can write poetry while fighting back the tears

Just enough to see the keyboard and screen

For seeing a woman crying causes no scene

After so long matching the inside to out

I feel like jumping and starting to shout

I am finally here the woman from within

I am now at peace and know it is no sin

I come to my home nestled deep in the Internet’s web

And speak to my friends from my heart and my head

I am no longer hiding the true nature of me

But singing and dancing a great way to be

So Gender Gifted children of age young or old

Take your life by the horns it is time to be bold

Step out of your old rut of hiding for so many years

And step into the light and destroy all of your fears

It is a wonderful sight from on this mountain top

There is plenty of room for all so no need to stop

Your journey began when you learned of yourself

So join the world and step down from your shelf

We see the world both good and bad

So just embrace the good and be glad

It is never to late and it is never to hard to strive for a goal that is so important to your very soul.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Sally......

As I was watching you type this, I was wondering what you were saying.....

Now I know.....

Beautiful...Glad that I bought that box of Kleenex!

I love you!

Donna Jean

YES,Go ahead and be happy honey,,

you song for all of us always LIFE for joy with peace soul

not for waste by fears or hesitations,

when GOAL clear why on earth we will have pains to

achieve it,,all over there or here Hey and hey listen to this song

it is real life experience,by one of the most kind woman Sally,,

yeah it is one of the best as Lizzy said,,

Thanks so much,,

we must all hewing this inside hearts and not give up our life for fears

or how people will thinking,,

love you Sally

be happy be well

Bullooo

Guest ~Brenda~

Sally Dear,

We all share your pain and then self-realization! My dear sister, we are so alike!! I have walked many of the same steps as you. I now, in my late forties, sit alone. I know now that I have hope after meeting you. I now know who I am, as you know yourself now!!

Lovely poem by the most beautiful soul I have ever met in my life.

Love you

Brenda

Guest Joanna Phipps

it starts out one foot in front of the other;

soon you gain your confidence

move further from the familiar

not paying attention,

maybe not realizing

soon we look back

dumbfounded at how far we have come.

striding confidently into the future

the woman we dreamed of being

is now the woman you are

heads high my sisters

we know the goal

we know some of the road

Sisters and brothers

helping each other

family, community, fellowship

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 249 Guests (See full list)

• JessicaMW
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

brightmom
    Newest Member
    brightmom

1. Alex2022
      Alex2022
      (20 years old)
    2. cvincent
      cvincent
      (69 years old)
    3. Demorriana
      Demorriana
      (25 years old)
    4. forbiddenforest
      forbiddenforest
      (26 years old)
    5. LoganXB
      LoganXB
    • Lydia_R
      Well, for me, on day one is was like, wow, I feel more relaxed.  Then every day after that was more of the same.  YMMV.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Groupings are easy for news material.  And in many nations, we live in a society that doesn't read in-depth.  There are always a few members of any group that can give it a bad name.  Pedophile priests undermined trust in the Catholic Church.  NAMBLA taints the reputation of LGBTQ+ folks....although since this thread is about Australia, I'm not sure it is very relevant.    Is it ignorance?  Perhaps.  But I think what is often labeled as ignorance is really just a different interpretation of the same facts, and different weight placed on portions of the evidence.  We also live in a time when satire and criticism aren't particularly acceptable or understood by all.   https://nypost.com/2023/06/24/drag-marchers-spark-outrage-with-chant-at-nyc-pride-event-were-here-were-queer-and-were-coming-for-your-children/   ^^^ This was meant sort of tongue-in-cheek, but wasn't helpful.    Like it or not, to many people this is "confirmation" of beliefs, not humor.  And in an era where language is changing and people often get confrontational and angry about minor aspects of language, it seems absurd to believe that there wouldn't be some sort of backlash over trying to label pedophiles as "Minor Attracted Persons."    While I don't agree with the idea that "LGBTQ = pedophile" I can understand how folks might think that was the case.   
    • Lydia_R
      Hello @FelixThePickleMan!  I second this breaking the cycle idea.  And the idea of getting some help to do it.  I was pushed into a treatment program in high school for marijuana addiction and because I went into it with an open mind, I was able to break the cycle by latching onto some of the literature.  It didn't keep me sober for the rest of my life, but helped a ton and was the only time I went through treatment.   I found marijuana to be fun and productive when practicing music.  At least for a while.  I can't imagine my life without the influence of it, but it would have been better to give it up a little sooner.  Drinking in the military was terrible for me, but it was good to be off of the marijuana during that time.  I didn't start drinking until I was about a year into the military.  I was trying really hard to avoid that, but there are a lot of people drinking in the military.  Be careful and love yourself!  Enjoy the journey too.   Smoking is bad for the lungs and will constrict your arteries as you get older.  It's best to put some limits on these things!  It's hard work, but worth the effort!  I found myself avoiding recovery meetings and doing recovery on my own for decades only to find myself going to meetings to enjoy being with others when I was older.  LOL!  Silly humans....   Hugs, Lydia
    • JessicaMW
      Starting HRT this week (the estradiol patches were out of stock at my pharmacy last week). It's obviously a big first step in my transition and one that has been long delayed by my initially unaccepting wife (who now has dropped her opposition). My biggest initial apprehension is the much talked about emotional roller coaster in the next few months. Something that my endocrinologist also mentioned as a possibility (probability??). How troublesome will it likely be? Will this be me soon:  
    • VickySGV
      I am not going to laugh at this one although I want to.  We have had some school districts here in California try the same shenanigan against our state laws. (Same result as in this case, State law supervenes local law.    I have an idea though, put skates on the county honcho and make him race against all the women in the organization doing the suing there.  I think most of the Cis women would beat the liver out of him, now what is fair?   
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.wbtw.com/news/grand-strand/horry-county/lgbtq-community-reacts-to-sc-approval-banning-gender-affirming-care-for-transgender-minors/     If not struck down by the courts this bill will hurt trans kids.  And that bit about "don't worry, you can transition when you're an adult?"  Don't believe that for a minute; come next session, adult trans health care will be targeted.   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/judge-strikes-ny-countys-ban-female-transgender-athletes-roller-derby-rcna151806     Pretty common sense, straightforward decision.  Someone overstepped their authority - imagine that?   Carolyn Marie
    • VickySGV
      PM any or several of the Moderators or Administrators if you want to have something changed due to spelling errors, or if you simply want to have an entire post deleted.  We do not allow members to edit their own posts since there are some items we restrict from being posted.  Those things are in the Community Rules and if a Staff member has removed something because of the rules we do not want it coming back.  https://www.transgenderpulse.com/community-rules/   Use the PM system to contact us and include a link to the post you want changed.
    • Ashley0616
      you're welcome. I tagged one for you and hopefully will respond soon.
    • Ladypcnj
      Oh okay, thanks Ashley 
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      No only moderators and admin can edit and delete posts.
    • Ashley0616
      Do I ever feel? There isn't a single minute that goes by that I feel that way. I have such a strong hate for what I have that there isn't a word out there for it.
    • Ladypcnj
      Are members allowed to edit or delete their post? I can't delete or remove my post if there are misspelled words.
    • Ashley0616
      I already tried that. Either too old like 60's and 70's or married. Not many people who would want to date a trans woman in dead red Mississippi. Maybe once things calm down just get a Mustang GT and just give up on it. Both are going to bring joy and pain. At least I could learn and share my love of cars with my kids when they get that old. I wouldn't even know what to do if someone said they wanted me. I would've already been thinking in my mind they are just going to ghost me so what's the point. I just don't know what to do anymore. I tried putting myself out there online and out in person. I haven't tried a bar yet although that's probably a bad idea. Maybe just to experience it again. I haven't been to one since 2013. The only problem I see is I'm not a night owl for sure. I go to bed at 8-830. My expectations were just that I wouldn't get rejected last. I have been able to handle a good bit of it but this one really hurt. I guess that's what happens when you have some hopes and expectations. It's not like I have another friend IRL to talk about this. She is my only one. I wished I didn't put myself out there.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.