• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Mystery Solved...

Guest mia 1

It seems most of us do have "ever lovin" spouses and have had them for years......and fo the most part a happy realtionship..and then we come out to them and they are confused and angry and in denial...and yet they stay with us.kicking and fighting and loving and hugging.

Well I read in today's local mag. that middle age womens greatest fear is that their husbans will leave them and one of the top reasons for their angst is that they will leave them for a gay man..so when we "outed" ourselves to our dear ones..this is the biggest far knocking at their door. or breaking down their door.

Education is the key .....they have to be aware that we are for the most part not gay, just dual genders and we can most of the time be there for them when they need us...

I don't know where I am going with this but the article is right here to read......... http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/magazine...mp;ref=magazine

• Admin

That sounds like as good an explanation as any, Mia. I suppose the other big issue is the "you've lied to me all this

time" accusation. That's a hard one to explain, too.

Patience and understanding are the key to getting through that crisis. I hope I have enough of both.

Carolyn Marie