• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Old Story, But New To You

Guest cjnoble71

Guest cjnoble71

Hello all;

I have seen so many very happy posts from many of you about the times we pass that I wanted to share one of mine with you. A couple of years ago my sister and I went for coffee together and she brought my niece along in her stroller. As we left the coffee shop a nice elderly women smiled at my niece and then looked at me (I was even more overweight than I am now) and said: "Oh, and you have one on the way too!" We politely corrected her and while I was a bit embarrassed about my weight it felt good that she thought I could have a baby. :D

Christine

• Admin

Christine, that's a great story! The poor woman was probably kicking herself the rest of the day

for thinking she had insulted you, never knowing that you took it as an affirmation of your

womanhood. :)

Carolyn Marie

Guest AllisonD

I always think of Hugh Grant in Two Weeks Notice when he congratulates the obese woman on being pregnant. She wasn't, of course. That scene is enough to remind anyone not to do that.

Allison

I did that once, and the lady , shouted "I am not pregnant!". I told my wife the story and she told me to mind my own business.

About 15 yrs. later a friend of mind did the same thing, and called me just to let me know he was as foolish as I was.....We both laughed and shook our heads..and repeated the old Shakespeare line..Oh what fools these mortals be......

Guest cjnoble71
Christine, that's a great story! The poor woman was probably kicking herself the rest of the day

for thinking she had insulted you, never knowing that you took it as an affirmation of your

womanhood. :)

Carolyn Marie

You know, I had never thought of that. I was riding so high from the moment, and my sister and I giggling so much, I did not even consider how embarrassed the poor woman probably was. I sort of wish I could see her to tell her how much she made my day.