• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Dangers Of "not Listening Because..."

Guest Zabrak

I've heard the same excuse over and over again with dangerous herbal drugs and other home-brewed methods of doing things to your own body when it comes to transition.

Think. Just because you somehow got out of somthing and don't think theres any prolonged damange to yourself doesn't mean the person you're telling "oh its safe because I did it" might not DIE or hurt themself badly because YOU are telling them "its ok" when its really not ok because its a huge, pointless, health risk you DO NOT need to take. You could damage your body with "home made" and herbel things to the point were you can't take the real stuff thats safe.

Please, don't put others at risk. Would you give your own child these instructions knowing the risk? No? Then don't knowingly put others at risk either...

Lastely, this is Laura's forum. She says no premoting of these things so please respect it as you signed up and agreed to it. I know I've talked about this before but there is a need(not putting out names of whom) of users needing to be reminded. Let alone being told their words put others at risks, not only themself at risk. Some of their posts may of not made it through but it doesn't mean I didn't see the attempt.

Sorry to sound harsh.

Sometimes harsh is necessary!

Listen to Zabrak, he is a very intelligent young man.

Everyone is different, that is why no one diet works for everyone and why one size does not fit all - there is no 100% safe way to change your body's chemistry without someone who knows how to interpret them reading the blood tests - to find if it is working or if it is effecting your liver function, etc.

Wanting to short cut the rather long process is a very human feeling - wanting to do it cheaply another but this is your body - your very life - it must have some value to you.

You are not doctors and the ones with medical training understand why you can't prescribe anything for everyone.

Follow the rules, Laura has a reason for each one and they are not "Because I said So!"

No herbal cures postings - even peanut butter can be deadly to some - we don't know about everyone's allergies so let's keep our friends safe.

Love ya,

Sally

When I see a post not make it,I know it has been deemed not suitable

to be put on the forums,and I don't take it personally.I mean,that is the

moderators job after all.

Hugs to all you moderators,

Angie