• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wonderful Spouse!

Guest Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean

I have to put this up because of a wonderful thing my wife did for me!

She supports me in many ways anymore...from buying me nice clothes, helping me with makeup, telling me when I'm wearing something stupid, calling me Donna Jean and using the correct pronouns...

Having spent the whole of last week in Memphis with Lizzy and Sally...I came home to a surprise!

I have an addition on my house that we had built 2 years ago..pre transition.

I've been installing the floor myself.

4' x 8' 3/4" plywood= heavy

I've gotten more that half of the floor done by myself...but since I started on hormones 7 months ago my strength has gone down to nothing.....I can't move those dang boards anymore!

When I got home from Memphis, I found that she had hired a couple Amish guys to finish the floor for me! How sweet...!!

She said.."I just hate to see you struggling with those big 'ole plywood boards anymore!"

It causes me to break nails, too! DANG!

Now, THAT's support!

Huggs

Donna Jean

I have said it before and I will remind you again, you are the luckiest woman on Earth.

Having found Darcy was probably the greatest single thing that could ever have happened to anyone.

I sometimes get depressed and think that none of us can ever have a happy and healthy relationship and then I think about you and it gives me hope for the rest of us - there really are some wonderful people in the world so I guess I will continue to look.

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin

Donna Jean, you really are blessed with the most wonderful spouse anyone could

ask for.

I can't even imagine how much a wife or partner has to give up and accept in order to

remain partners with a spouse who has transitioned. The human spirit has such an

amazing ability to adapt to changing circumstances.

Or maybe it isn't the spirit, but the heart. That's where poets say love lies. Maybe its true.

Give Darcy a big hug for me, will you?

Love,

Carolyn

Guest Donna Jean
Dang those English Hans. Let's get the floorboards in and go home and feed old dobbin and make some scrapple, and watch the women folk put up the peas....

LOL!

That's right, Mia!

Talk to each other in German and to you in perfect English.... (you're right, too...they call all of us "English")

But, OMG, do they ever work!

An honest day's work for an honest day's pay!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Joanna Phipps

Two months ago I would have envied you DJ (in some ways I still do), but now I find that my wife has come to the conclusion what we have together is worth saving no matter the gender of the two people involved. She asked me last night if I wanted to stay married, I answered of course (if you do). This was great since I know that we will be together no matter what, New Mexico's schizophrenic marriage laws notwithstanding. This state wont allow same sex couples to marry but if you move here and your same sex marriage is valid where you were married then it is valid here. Weird, convoluted and in many ways the hight of political compromise.

That was a wonderful surprise, and Darcy is a sweetheart for thinking of it, she must have planned that well in advance of your trip. So next time i come down there will be no uneven flooring to walk on.... cool!

Paula

Guest Amanda joan

:lol: Donna Jean,

That sounds like that tye Pnnington show. Did you have to yell "Driver move that Bus"

You are a lucky lady. I hope that you continue to treat Darcy with the love and care she deserves.

And if I can be so bold, Please give her a big HUG for me also.

Peace & Love Amanda

well my wife/partner we only use wife when we have to mostly it's partner. She knew I was trans when she picked me up in a gay bar. she knew my back ground with men and lesbians this was 1982. I had long hair and breasts but was off HRT seeing a shrink who was going to cure me after a big break down. I would probably be dead from aids if she was not to be put off. We are great together .She buys me clothing sometime matching or matching colors she is supportive with Hrt we go out together.I have everything but she doesn't want me to go all the way. Uhh a problem.

kelly

Guest ~Brenda~

Donna dear,

That is so wonderful how your wife supports you :)

My wife supports me too... well sort of.... had to become my ex first :lol:

Now where are those Amish boys you were talking about ;)

HUGS

Brenda

Guest rachael1
Two months ago I would have envied you DJ (in some ways I still do), but now I find that my wife has come to the conclusion what we have together is worth saving no matter the gender of the two people involved. She asked me last night if I wanted to stay married, I answered of course (if you do). This was great since I know that we will be together no matter what, New Mexico's schizophrenic marriage laws notwithstanding. This state wont allow same sex couples to marry but if you move here and your same sex marriage is valid where you were married then it is valid here. Weird, convoluted and in many ways the hight of political compromise.

DJ you are so lucky to have such a wonderful wife who is supporting you all the way. :D

Joanna I am happy to hear that your wife wants to salvage your marriage that is wonderful news. :)

My beautiful bride is very supportive of me as well and I don't think I could cope without her.

Rachel

My ex and her family are not speaking to me at all.

Just more proof that it is a gift and not a curse.

Happily Gender Gifted and single again.

And believe me I now know how much better that is.

I should listen to my own advice, you see someone as happy as Dee Jay and Darcy are and you think that you can do that too - you can but not with the wrong partner - it is better to be all alone than in a bad relationship.

Remember that - it is true and will help you avoid some very painful mistakes.

Again congrats to you and Darcy for 30 years - I don't know how she has managed to put up with you for that long - just a few nights and man I was so glad to get out of there! :lol:

I just can't be serious all of the time, I love you so much, I wish that we were still there, but staying in a motel so close to a Wal-Mart and a Catos would have required another room for all of the new outfits! :D

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Amanda joan
well my wife/partner we only use wife when we have to mostly it's partner. She knew I was trans when she picked me up in a gay bar. she knew my back ground with men and lesbians this was 1982. I had long hair and breasts but was off HRT seeing a shrink who was going to cure me after a big break down. I would probably be dead from aids if she was not to be put off. We are great together .She buys me clothing sometime matching or matching colors she is supportive with Hrt we go out together.I have everything but she doesn't want me to go all the way. Uhh a problem.

kelly

Kelly Doodle,

I think you think too much. Be honest with what you want and work it out with her. Honesty is something we women need and should always be willing to share everything with our partners. It may not always turn out how we would like but, lieing is not the answer. I know that from my own mistakes.

Peace & Love Amanda