• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Can A Ftm Mentor An Mtf?

Guest bronx

I'm asking this question because I have recently met an mtf who is just statring out in her transition and I know she really needs support. She is having a hard time with her family and friends. The other night she andI went out for a bit and it was late so i told her she could crash at my house. The next morning while I was still asleep my wife and her went out and did some girl things which I thought was really cool. After they came back I gave her her first shot of HRT and she asked if I could continue to do so from this point on as she is afraid of needles. I said no problem. The funny thing is I had to call another woman I know to make sure I was giving it n the right spot. Turns out that the women get the shot the same way us guys do.

I will be seeing her again tonight as we are all going to an AIDS benifit this evening. She is coming over to get dressed with my wife. (girl thing) So thats cool. I have been talking to her a bit about transition and stuff. My wife really wants to help her and give her passing tips from a bio-females point which I think is great. the thing is from talking to her I'm starting to see that transition is the same for both boys and girls just going the opposite way from eachother. But I don't know what it is to be a woman. I was socialized as one so I guess I can help somewhat. Anyway a question I'm asking...Can a FTM mentor an MTF?

thanks,

Angel

Hey Babyboy,

I sure don't see why not.But it is your wife who is mentoring her,not you.

You happened to be there for her when she was needing it most.But it is

your wife who will teach her,befriend her,and guide her.And for a new woman

finding her way,a gg as a mentor could not be a better person to have as your guide.

Bye the way,it sure sounds like Kassidy.Since I found out last night she is going to

the banquet tonight.So am I my dear handsome man,along with Suzzie and Ruby.

Hugs Handsome,

Angie

Yes it is her, I know your right it is my wife. She really likes her alot and wants to help her out. I'm glad about that. So cool I will see you and the girls tonight. But I'm still asking the question, maybe there is somthing else i can do to help a bit more.

Guest ~Brenda~

Hey Angel,

Good to hear from you :)

Of course an FTM can mentor an MTF. We are all fundamentally the same. Other than certain specific details, we all share the same experiance. I think it is very kind and loving of you to take her under your wing. Teach her what you know. I am sure you will be a tremendous help.

HUGS and Love

Brenda

Yes it is her, I know your right it is my wife. She really likes her alot and wants to help her out. I'm glad about that. So cool I will see you and the girls tonight. But I'm still asking the question, maybe there is somthing else i can do to help a bit more.

Actually Angel,

You all ready are.Just by being her friend,helping her with her shots,and letting her come over

where she can be herself.And Kassidy needs that help and friendship.You are big brother helping

a little sister find her way.That is what all big brothers and big sisters should for our little brothers

and sisters coming behind us.

Angie

Guest CharlieRose

I think that a bio-woman and an FTM would be a great mentor-team-thing for an MTF. There's a sort of siblinghood among us, I've noticed it among the other transpeople I meet. It's just sort of... understood. We've both been through a very rare experience, you know?

Guest Lizzie McTrucker
Can a FTM mentor an MTF?

Well, you did answer a few questions I had in another forum and gave some good advice so I think you answered your own question. :D