• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello

Guest Oasis

Hello. I guess I'll go by Oasis for now (somewhat uncomfortable releasing my name online). For a long time I have been depressed and have recently started seeing a psychologist. It was through my sessions with him that I began to monitor my thoughts which led me to discover big thing about myself: My discontent with my life has been mainly focused on my gender (that is not to say that it is the only factor). Lately more and more has that thought been surfacing and I've recently began working towards confronting (though this is probably a really bad word for it) this issue (yet again probably a bad word for it but I'm sort of in a weird thought mess at the moment).

Annnd to end. Hello!

Guest Jean Davis

Hey Oasis

Welcome to the family, I'm sure that you'll find a lot of people here that have similar experiences.

I have fought those feelings for years and am hoping to see a therapist soon to help me sort out the mess I call a mind.

Perhaps you can find some of the answers to your questions here at Laura's, I know this site has helped me out a lot.

And if you have a question you can't find an answer for feel free to ask, we would be happy to try to answer it.

Anyway the rest of my brothers and sisters should be here shortly to welcome you.

Have a GREAT day :D

LUV

Jean

Guest Leigh T

Welcome Oasis.

First off, you don't need to tell us your name so don't stress over that.

Second, I checked your profile. It pains me to see such a young person who is in so much distress over something of this nature. This is supposed to be some of the best years of your life. To experience adult advantages without all the adult responsibilities like driving and dating. I'm glad to hear that you are seeing a therapist to help you with this. They can help you to find who you are.

Again welcome,

Leigh

Guest Kayliegh

Hello, Oasis and welcome!

I don’t thing you used the wrong choice of words. “Confronting” and “issue” are not out of context.

I’m glad you’re confronting your issues and glad you came to Laura’s!

Love and hugs - Kayleigh

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi and Welcome Oasis :)

I am glad that you are working with someone to sort out your gender identity issues. That was a very wise and important step for you.

I want you to understand that Laura's is a transgendered support site. That means that we are here for you hon. I am sure that you have many questions. Concerns about your feelings. Trust me hon, I have been so there!!!

Ask, Ask, Ask hon!!! Post to the forums. The more you post, the more you will understand :)

Love

Brenda

Guest Amanda joan

Hello Oasis,

I am glad you have joined us.

I have brought you some chocolates, so sit back and relax you are in a wonderful place full of understanding and compassionate people just like you.

I have become more comfortable with myself through theraphy and with the help of my sisters and brothers here. It is okay if you have felt like you should have been born a girl instead if a boy. Many of us feel the same way. In fact about 1 in every 2000 babies born will have some kind of gender indenty issue. You are not alone in this strugle.

I am so happy to have another member from Maryland. You are the 2nd one today to come by from our great state. I hope we can become friends. There are many support groups around this area that I would like to tell you about if you have an interest.

After you post 5 times you can send private messages. So tell us more about you, we want to know your story. We love to have fun here and we love to support each other. You will find many things here worth reading. so look around and dig into all that there is here.

Peace & Love Amanda