• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Halloween!

Guest Sara P

Hey gals, long time no post.

I'm surprised a topic for this hasn't been started yet. Halloween is like the one day all year that you can dress en femme, not have to worry about passing, and not be judged at all. Of course, that doesn't mean we girls should put any less care into how we look, but it is less stressful :)

I'm not out yet (probably won't be for a while -- I'm shy :unsure: ) so under the guise of creating a halloween costume, I persuaded one of my female friends to take me shopping! We're both going to a wedding with a halloween afterparty, and she will be crossdressing as well (even though it's halloween I'm still a little nervous, and this removes a bit of that feeling :) ). Anyway, we went to Wal-mart, had no problems whatsoever (in fact the lady at the fitting rooms was very helpful, though she did look a little uneasy). And now I have a pair of heels, a bra, a skirt, and a shirt! I'm so excited!

I took a couple of pictures with my webcam while my roommate was out (if he came in here that would have been sooooooooo awkward), so I guess I'll share those!

<3 Sara

I love Halloween,

Since I had the costume from last year,and would rather not go so mmm femme

this year,I am going as a rather deranged Dorothy,try to figure that one out lol.

It took guts sis,to go to wallyworld and do the whole shopping experience.

Kudos to you,and your girlfriend for giving you such a wonderful womanly time.

Enjoy the wedding and the party afterward.

Hugs Brave Woman,

Angie

Guest Emily H

You look so beautiful in those pictures.

*sigh* if it wasn't for my dad being here and all, id go out en femme for Halloween too. Thought I'd just be wandering the streets...

~Andrea

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

If I choose to celebrate (most likely will be on the road) this is the first year I'll actually have to think of a costume. Before I would just use it as an excuse to be a girl but now that I'm full-time I actually have to think of a costume.

truly a down side to RLE that noone bothered to mention.... :blink:

If I choose to celebrate (most likely will be on the road) this is the first year I'll actually have to think of a costume. Before I would just use it as an excuse to be a girl but now that I'm full-time I actually have to think of a costume.

Awww what a drag to not get to dress in drag lol

Angie

I am with you Lizzie, i have been living full time since May and was invited to a friends birthday party that happens to fall on Halloween, hummm what to wear, we are going shopping tomorrow to try to find something.

Paula

Guest Steven22

Dually noted, for later.

Halloween has been on my mind since Labor day.....Still can't find the appropriate femme outfit for my coming out party....wigs and heels are not enought..need to show the world I am real..not just a costume cross dresser...any thoughts..

Oh yeah one!

Dress up on the 30th and the first of November..that will get them thinking.

Guest Joanna Phipps

Still trying to figure out what to wear, maybe Ill cross dress and go as a man... hmnmm nah too scary even for me. I really dont know what I will go as.

I am getting lots of catalouges advertising costumes,

And the coolest part for me this year,is that I can finally

wear most any design,if I got the guts that is lol

Angie

Guest Donna Jean

I think that I'll break tradition and instead of a man/woman...I'll do an animal of some sort..

Now that opens up lots of possibilities!

Prairie dogs and ground hogs stand on their hind legs......HUMmmmmmm........

Donna Jean