• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Laura's Has Changed My Life

Guest nayomi2438

Guest nayomi2438

Just wanted to say hello and thank all of those who have commented here. I have found so much support and understanding it has allowed me to feel good about myself and that I am not some lonely psycho. Because of your posts I have been able to be open to my wife. This has resulted in both relief for me and a curse. Allow me to explain. She is very supportive of my need to dress and of this I could not be happier, however, she often makes purchases of new items for me. She has purchased shoes, skirts, dresses, blouses, undies, and hosiery in every color, fabric, and style. Everything has been lovely and I am overjoyed to be able to share this part of my life with her but now I no longer have room on my side of the closet! What is a girl to do?

I do not yet have the confidence to reveal this side of myself to the public. I have managed to dress up and go to a local establishment that is dedicated to alternate lifestyles and that was so refreshing to be out in the open as a woman. I just don’t believe my neighbors and coworkers will be quite as accepting as my precious wife. There is always Halloween, one can only dream for the day…

Well back to the original purpose of this post. I’m pretty shy and may not post very often but I do want you all to know that your words are a vital part of my life and I will be coming back to read your fantastic and supportive words of encouragement, support, and advice. Thank you so much!

Guest Jean Davis

Ohhh My

Well your just going to have to get a new house with bigger closets. :lol:

BTW Welcome to the family and don't mind me, I joke around with everyone. It's my way to confront the uncomfortable feeling I get from time to time. So you can see your not the only one that is a little shy. ;)

I'm so glad that your wife supports you, and don't worry about comming out to the public you'll know when the time is right.

Anyways the rest of the family should be stopping by soon to say HI. Their a great bunch of people, I think once you get to know them you'll be here a lot more.

LUV

Jean

• Admin

Nayomi, welcome to Laura's. It's so nice to meet you.

It sounds like you've been hanging around the fringes here for some time. I'm glad you officially joined the party.

You can take advantage of the Member's Lounge and relax and enjoy yourself.

I know exactly what you mean about Laura's changing your life. It changed mine too and made it so much better and

more fulfilling. I've made tons of friends here, and I know you will too.

Don't limit yourself to the CD Forum either. Your opinion and questions are welcome in any forum, or the chat rooms too.

I'm so happy for you that your wife is supportive. That really makes everything so much easier and less stressful. Of course,

you may have to build out some more closet space!

Have fun, and I'll see you around the forums.

Carolyn Marie

Hello Nayomi,

I can help lure you back to post more often - I have fresh baked cookies! :)

Laura's has saved so many people it is hard to keep count but you are not alone.

I for one do not know where I would be or if I would still even be around if not for Laura's.

I still get depressed sometimes but I can always come here and talk to some of my wonderful friends and family and you are a part of that now so when I am a bit down you can cheer me up.

Welcome to the family, the forums and a place in the very warm hearts of our community.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Mr.Yoav

Sometimes I like to imagine the number of people who have found some sort of help here.

Help comes in all sorts of forms, and you can get a lot of help here. People here will understand what you're dealing with, people here won't judge you because of who you are, and this is a great starting place to become the person you were born to be.

Guest Robin Winter

I feel the same way. I don't know how long it would have taken me to come out to my family if not for Lauras. I've not only found friendship here, but I've also found my courage.

*Hugs*

Shi

I remember being a brand new girl here,and the way everyone

reached out to me making me feel at home.Ya know Nayomi,I

would have loved for my ex to have been so supportive of my

CDing days.And she told me recently,she wish she had been so too.

Welcome to posting,so many more are lurkers,reading the comments

and support.I hadn't realised how much they get from this,until I read

a word of thanks,aimed at all of us.

Welcome my sister,

Angie

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi and Welcome Nayomi :)

Laura's has changed my life too. Like you, I felt like I was the only one, and that there was something wrong with me. As you can see, there is nothing wrong with us. We are who we are.

Stick around here Nayomi. Laura's is such a wonderful place to be :)

HUGS

Brenda

I understand about dressing like how you feel in public. I feel like, sick with both a thrill of freedom and a fear that somethings bad's going to happen. But you know? It most likely won't :) People who don't like to see certain things tend to look away or go out of their way to avoid it, not get up in your face about it. I bet most closed-minded people will refuse to even think about it for too long, in fear that they might be in danger of forming an understanding!

People who don't like to see certain things tend to look away or go out of their way to avoid it, not get up in your face about it. I bet most closed-minded people will refuse to even think about it for too long, in fear that they might be in danger of forming an understanding!

That was very well said and perfectly right on. :P

Angie