• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Completely Nervous

Guest Emily H

Guest Emily H

Its been my dream for something like this to happen, but now I am scared to death of it.

I don't know if I have mentioned here, the friend Tamera, that I have came out to, and she has been way more than accepting? I talk to her on Facebook as Andrea, about clothes, my feelings, and listen to her and help her out all the time there.

So, the something to happen?

On Halloween, go to her house, get dressed up, she offered to do my makeup, then her other friends, all girls, come, then we go out for the night. Me as Andrea the whole time.

Of course you can guess why this is so scary at the same time, what if one of her friends says something, or isn't accepting? What if something bad happens while we are out, at night?

What if...my dad had to come pick me up, instead of my mom?

So yeah, hugest concerns, her friends not accepting me or telling somebody, and something bad happening during the night.

also, minor things, I don't have a passing female voice, and I have no shoes to wear.

Any advice?

~Andrea

Andrea,

I have some advice.

It is Halloween, only your friend Tamera needs to know that this is a life long dream others can see it as an elaborate costume and they don't need to be accepting of cross dressing at all.

Nothing bad will happen to you because of your outfit - just stay away from the areas that aren't safe on Halloween like you would in any other costume.

This is your chance to see how it feels with no repercussions.

When you get back to your friend's house, change back before you call to be picked up, then it doesn't matter if it is your dad or you mom.

Relax and enjoy the evening!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Margaret

That actualy sounds like a great idea, and a good way to get out en femme hassle free. Will your friend's, friends be aware you are a male dressed as a female, or are you going to try to pass off as a female from the start? If it is the former I wouldn't worry about the voice, and if any unfavourable comments are made, just laugh it off. Hope it all goes well for you, and you have a great night out.

Margaret

• Admin

Andrea, my advice is to just relax, take full advantage of the help your friend is going to provide, and HAVE FUN!

Halloween is a magical time, and this is a wonderful opportunity.

Don't pass it up.

Carolyn Marie

Hey I had a friend in another town,a biiig man, who on Halloween

was dressed enfemme with two gg's on a leash held by another man.

So I would relax and just enjoy the evening.Believe me,there will be

a lot more than just you out there in a dress and heels,umhm.

Angie

Guest BeardedMan

Sally's dead right, Andrea. Last year, my leather skirt went almost unremarked because there were so many guys wearing the Nurse Joker outfit. Try to let the fun aspect override your anxieties.

One word of advice: think about what you'll be doing that night and whether it will involve a lot of walking. Plan any shoe acquisitions accordingly.

Good luck, and have fun!

-- Beard

Guest Emily H

My mom said yes, its okay!

Still waiting to hear from her if her grandparents are actually okay with her party idea.

And i found that...a GUY is going to the party. She's says not to worry though, first off I know him, second I don't think he'd tell, and third, its Halloween.

My mom was just worried that I might be in danger if this was found out at school. but I am really not that worried about that.

I'm only worried about my dad finding out, which really, probably won't happen.

And, I'm also hoping to get more acquainted with the other girls that will be there, so its not like really awkward, I only slightly know you but wow I didn't expect to see you like this type of thing when we all first meet.

~andrea

Hi Andrea...I went out once completly dressed and that was for a Holloween party also. A lot of people there would know me from playing softball. I knew they would all see me and I knew that I would recieve a few jokes. They saw me only as dressed for Holloween, only I knew that it was much more. I had so much fun, I forgot that I was dressed up. I wished the night could have gone on forever. Here is the best part, nobody has ever mentioned it. I think people go to parties to have fun, they are not there to judge you. Don't worry so much, have a blast........Sandy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Amy LeBlanc

Hello All:

I am the same way where I have never been out dressed up and I am afraid to got out dressed up due to the redicules and jokes. But I want to dress up for Holloween.

I have no idea on what to wear if I do go out for Holloween, and so that is my problems. I am afraid to go ut dressed due to people going to redicule me and dont know what to wear.

Hope to hear back.

Amy

Guest Emily H
Hello All:

I am the same way where I have never been out dressed up and I am afraid to got out dressed up due to the redicules and jokes. But I want to dress up for Holloween.

I have no idea on what to wear if I do go out for Holloween, and so that is my problems. I am afraid to go ut dressed due to people going to redicule me and dont know what to wear.

Hope to hear back.

Amy

Well Amy, my therapist said that it is not very likely to be ridiculed for dressing up as a girl for Halloween, especially if you are in a group around you that accepts it.

Whatever you do, make sure you do not go out alone, have at least one buddy who you can go with.

~Andrea

Andrea,

You Have received some brilliant advice already .... Your mate knows you are a T Girl... right....?.... With a Bunch of G/Gs as Body Guards you will be as safe as houses (G/G= Genetic Girls)... It sounds like they intend to adopt you for the evening.... An Opportunity like that won't come along every day of the week so Grab it with both hands..... YOU are also getting a Make over with make up etc: If you have never been out and about dressed..... getting all that help and the power of numbers supporting you... Sounds like something that only happens in T-Girl Dreams.... ENJOY... GO FOR IT GIRL

Regards, Tiff....

Guest Emily H
Andrea,

You Have received some brilliant advice already .... Your mate knows you are a T Girl... right....?.... With a Bunch of G/Gs as Body Guards you will be as safe as houses (G/G= Genetic Girls)... It sounds like they intend to adopt you for the evening.... An Opportunity like that won't come along every day of the week so Grab it with both hands..... YOU are also getting a Make over with make up etc: If you have never been out and about dressed..... getting all that help and the power of numbers supporting you... Sounds like something that only happens in T-Girl Dreams.... ENJOY... GO FOR IT GIRL

Regards, Tiff....

Well yes, but only ONE of the girls knows. And there will be guy there too like I said.

~Andrea

Guest ditzydayz

My Boyf did this last year and believe me it is not an experience you want to miss. Don't let your fears hold you back! Relax and enjoy yourself!!

My one piece of advice with regards anxiety over what to wear is, that if youre not used to them maybe give the heels a miss, wearing them in your room for an hour or two and dancing in them all night are VERY different things!! And if your feet are sore you might not enjoy yourself as much as you deserve.....should also add that my boyf chose to ignore my advice last year and was walking around the club barefoot after an hour!

Guest Roberta1

I looked at your gallery, and can't for the life of me see why you shouln't get gussied up for the big day.

If there is a payless shoe store near you, take the plunge and get two pairs! First is to get a sales person to help, then let her know exactly what you are looking for. I opted for

a low to moderate classic style heel (1 to 1-1/2") to try, and a pair of flats for when the heels are too much. Boy was I glad. The sales people will do evey thing to make you

comfortable, they don't make any judgements, what they do want is to make a sale, so they are very discreet (I think they must have a training program prior to going on the

floor. If you are initially nervous, just say the magic words "HALLOWEEN".I guarentee, the sweats will melt away, and you will be on your way to a closet full of Halloween!

Sincerely, Robert(a)1, shopper extraudinaire

Oh, and if you happen to need anything else, now is the time... BTW, thrift stores are the greatest, just be sure to really check sizes and condition, usually a no return policy, but

when you are putting out $3 for a $75 item, your money goes a loooong way.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Margaret

Andrea, I know you started a seperate thread about this, concerning a problem you had encountered, but can I ask how it all went? I was really interested in this thread, and was hoping it all went well for you.

Margaret

Guest Emily H
Andrea, I know you started a seperate thread about this, concerning a problem you had encountered, but can I ask how it all went? I was really interested in this thread, and was hoping it all went well for you.

Margaret

Thank you for your concern Margaret.

I went out on Halloween in my mostly formal pinkish purplish dress. I walked all around my neighborhood for awhiel, extremely nervous. When I finally went to people's houses for trick or treating, I got some compliments, some people laughed but not in a mean way, they all like my costume. Nobody was negative- except a small thing one lady said abotu my shoes, which, were ugly guy sneakers.

I don't think I fooled anyone into thinking I was a GG. I heard one girl who's house a trick or treated at say as I left "That was a boy right?" :/ Oh well, she meant no harm, and I had no makeup. And the SHOES. Gah.

the point is, nobody recognized my identity, I got to roam around as a girl. I answered and tried talking like a girl, with a softer voice but I didn't dare try to change pitch. I was glad to go out, but as I was all alone, and therefore scared to death, I didn't have the best of experiences.

And my dad had a great laugh when he saw me when I got home. He wasn't insulting or anything, but he found the idea of somebody with male genitals dressing up like a girl. I apparently have 'testicles' according to him. I'm definitely never telling him that I really wanted to do it, and do that on a regular basis.

Do men realize that ovaries are harder to manage/have than testicles?

~Andrea

Guest BeardedMan

Well congratulations on what sounds like a mostly successful Halloween! It's too bad you had to go it alone, but it definitely seems that you got your courage up and made the most of it. You should be proud of that - I daresay we're all proud of you!

It's a pity about the shoes, but you're still moving forward, and that's what counts. One step at a time!

Congratulations again,

-- Beard

Guest SusanKG

Hi Andrea,

I know it's too late for Halloween (this one, anyway), but be prepared for the next time, whether Halloween, a party or an excuse. Take a little time, and get the shoes. And, most assuredly, amazing job getting your excursion lined up and carried out. ;)

SusanKG

It's quite hard and embarrassing to explain. However, we only use one working shower stall in our house and there are no doors separating the shower stall which is into my parents room. The doors are transparent and since I need help when I apply lotion on my back my mother helps me, and I normally only have a towel around me at the time, and the leg is easily accessible to view because the towel is only covering my private areas and my lower chest. Yeah, sounds like I'm lying and all but with this severe skin condition I have (soon to heal all the way) it's not easy to live life without someone helping you apply lotion on your back unless you want crevices of dry blood coming out during the middle of the day.

Hence, why I'm looking for an excuse not a way out of being caught.