• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

When You Dream At Night..

Guest Nekomata

Guest Gloria

Most of the dreams I have, that I can remember, I am first person. I find that who I am in the dreams varies on the way I am feeling, but most of the time I am someone else regardless of the gender.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Petra Jane

• Jayme

• Michelle 2010

oh i dont dream about things.

i dream about the future or past.

and i see things that may happen or have happened.

and ussally they were true even if its not me that im seeing.

(i have had some symptoms of phychic powers)

empathy, and telekinesis mostly.

i wonder if theres a phychic ability that i might have that would make my hair grow faster or give me natural estrogen....hmmmm.....

Most of my dreams I'm not me. It's always in third person and almost always a guy who is the main person, but it's not always me. Well.. it is me, but it doesn't look like me and if the person has a name it's not my name. I dunno, it's odd.

Totally unrelated, but do you dream in color? I was weirded out when I found out most people don't.

That's odd. I thought most people dreamt in color. I do, anyway.

Guest savagedm

crap that's wierd... i dream in full color HD 1080i.. for me a dream is as real as reality and thensome, which might explain why i remember so few dreams and those i do remember it's only fragments of the whole thing, maybe it's a bit much for my brain? lol

i've always dreamt in colour. my dreams never were grey or something, i don't know where you got it from, but could you maybe tell us? i find it hard to believe people dream in grey :huh:

Guest Mr. Fox

I don't really know much, being a color person myself. I know my dad always dreams in black in white Some people probably assume that they dream in color, but thinking about it they realize that they don't. That's my mom's case.

Guest 2892Bandie

I go back and forth. Most of the time my dreams are way out there or i don't remember them. The one dream I had to nights ago, stayed with me though. I was Male but i was like still transitioning. Very very vivid. I usually dream i am female when i do dream though, sadness.

Guest Brianna

the dreams i can remember usually consist of someone in my family getting angry about something. (usually my dad).

Lately though, ive been dreaming about coming out to some of my female friends and them helping me with clothes/make-up. I know that has to do with my current state of mind.

I used to have dreams of members of my family being shot/murdered, and natural disasters. (watched way too many movies haha)

Also, I have an odd feeling that i dream in black and white. It makes sense, since colors we see are only the reflection of light. And I guess since in your dreams theres no real light source, you see things as though they were black and white (absence and presence of all colors) Thats not to say that your brain interprets known items to be certain colors IE, the color of your house, hair, clothing. Of course there are probably mix ups. I don't know though.

Love

Alyssa

It is mixed for me..Sometimes I am male somethimes I am female in dreams.. I have I have had a few where I appeared in same dream bith ways and had a discussion with myself..Dreams can be really confusing trying to break apart to understand the hidden message/meaning..

When I do dream, I am seeing myself as I should have been, or could have been had I had the courage to tell my parents when I was 6 that i wasn't a boy

My dreams are usually in color, but they have a desaturated look. The lighting is also a little odd and tends to make everything take on a chiaroscuro quality. Makes sense as most of my dreams are hunting/being hunted by hordes of the undead or some other form of horror story spookiness :lol: . I don't dream of being a specific gender that often, though when I do, it goes back and forth. Most of time, they're in androgynous first person mode, like a home movie.

J.

• Root Admin

To be honest, I don't remember dreaming at all for some time now!

i dream past and future and it it so exact in color sound and everything the only thing that is weird is i cant speak and they cant see me.

and my dreams always happened or will happen wether it invloved me or not.

its weird.

e.g. i told my sister what her Solo and Ensemble scores were before they happened (she didnt belive me) i was correct dow to the dot.

Guest Michelle M

Lately I've had 2 dreams. In 1 of them I was splicing animal DNA and I made a pure white frog. It was so beautiful and it loved me. It would always cling to me wherever I went and it never let go. Then my in-dream mom saw it and said "I wish she'd trade in her dress for a lab coat."

I had another dream that I was back in high school, with a lot of familiar classmates, only; I was a girl this time. My subconscious is finally accepting me. It felt great.

Guest kathy sue

i have insomnia so bad i don't sleep long enough to dream or if i do i just don't remember

i do recall one way back around 1980 or so that sticks with me where i was falling and awoke when i sat straight up

it was in washed out color as it was at night and outside with street lights

the only other one i remember was when i was trying a new anti-inflammatory and was so violent i stopped that med

and yes it was in vivid color and i was male, it had something to do with getting revenge or something for all i was put through as a kid very disturbing

my dreams have been quite scary lately.

i keep dreaming that i started cutting my self and i couldnt stop and it ended with me looking down at my dead body then i woke up.

i was freaked.

i been getting dreams like this since i stopped cutting

Guest Firegirl

I have just weird out there dreams. I have had dreams where zombies are taking over the world (watch a lot of horror flicks =D), or some weird dream about a super-market, where some guy was chained up to like a pipe or somethin, (this was like a day or so after I had seen the movie Saw for the first time), and most of the time I am just watching these, like I am the camera-women on the set of a movie. Otherwise, my dreams are just must up and about school or what I am going to do the next day and most of the time I don't see myself in those either. However, when I do I'm usually female, there has been one or two since I started transistioning, that I have been male (GRR!), but those are few. I have however, had the dream where I have had the surgery (Pre-op right now), and been extremely happy and it feels SO really....and then I woke up and realize that it was just a dream GRRR! I acutually punch my pillow the last time that happened.

-Lessa

Guest savagedm

I had a weird dream last night... I dreamt I was with a girl, intimately, and as we finished I was swallowed up into her womb and a few minutes later I re-emerged as a gorgeous woman.... It scared the bajesus out of me because of how graphic it was in my mind, but felt odly soothing. I have never really had many dreams about being a woman, certainly nothing like this one, but it still felt good somehow. I think it is simply my deepest desires taking control of that last holdout in my brain that is unsure of everything, I had no lack of confidence whatsoever today when talking to my therapist and I was even open about him writing me a letter at some point in the future. Very exciting stuff!

I have however, had the dream where I have had the surgery (Pre-op right now), and been extremely happy and it feels SO really....and then I woke up and realize that it was just a dream GRRR! I acutually punch my pillow the last time that happened.
Awwww, Sweet, and HAHA all in one. wish that would happen to me...

actually a couple years ago i dreamed that an evil sorcerer had turned me into a girl.... but he got mad because i was happier... lol i was like 8 or 9 years old then.

but since then i have had dreams in which i was a girl... like not tg no operation i just was a girl.

in my dreams i which i was a girl i had long blond hair it was so pretty! :D