• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

When You Dream At Night..

Guest Nekomata

Guest Gloria

Most of the dreams I have, that I can remember, I am first person. I find that who I am in the dreams varies on the way I am feeling, but most of the time I am someone else regardless of the gender.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Petra Jane

• Jayme

• Michelle 2010

oh i dont dream about things.

i dream about the future or past.

and i see things that may happen or have happened.

and ussally they were true even if its not me that im seeing.

(i have had some symptoms of phychic powers)

empathy, and telekinesis mostly.

i wonder if theres a phychic ability that i might have that would make my hair grow faster or give me natural estrogen....hmmmm.....

Most of my dreams I'm not me. It's always in third person and almost always a guy who is the main person, but it's not always me. Well.. it is me, but it doesn't look like me and if the person has a name it's not my name. I dunno, it's odd.

Totally unrelated, but do you dream in color? I was weirded out when I found out most people don't.

That's odd. I thought most people dreamt in color. I do, anyway.

Guest savagedm

crap that's wierd... i dream in full color HD 1080i.. for me a dream is as real as reality and thensome, which might explain why i remember so few dreams and those i do remember it's only fragments of the whole thing, maybe it's a bit much for my brain? lol

i've always dreamt in colour. my dreams never were grey or something, i don't know where you got it from, but could you maybe tell us? i find it hard to believe people dream in grey :huh:

Guest Mr. Fox

I don't really know much, being a color person myself. I know my dad always dreams in black in white Some people probably assume that they dream in color, but thinking about it they realize that they don't. That's my mom's case.

Guest 2892Bandie

I go back and forth. Most of the time my dreams are way out there or i don't remember them. The one dream I had to nights ago, stayed with me though. I was Male but i was like still transitioning. Very very vivid. I usually dream i am female when i do dream though, sadness.

Guest Brianna

the dreams i can remember usually consist of someone in my family getting angry about something. (usually my dad).

Lately though, ive been dreaming about coming out to some of my female friends and them helping me with clothes/make-up. I know that has to do with my current state of mind.

I used to have dreams of members of my family being shot/murdered, and natural disasters. (watched way too many movies haha)

Also, I have an odd feeling that i dream in black and white. It makes sense, since colors we see are only the reflection of light. And I guess since in your dreams theres no real light source, you see things as though they were black and white (absence and presence of all colors) Thats not to say that your brain interprets known items to be certain colors IE, the color of your house, hair, clothing. Of course there are probably mix ups. I don't know though.

Love

Alyssa

It is mixed for me..Sometimes I am male somethimes I am female in dreams.. I have I have had a few where I appeared in same dream bith ways and had a discussion with myself..Dreams can be really confusing trying to break apart to understand the hidden message/meaning..

When I do dream, I am seeing myself as I should have been, or could have been had I had the courage to tell my parents when I was 6 that i wasn't a boy

My dreams are usually in color, but they have a desaturated look. The lighting is also a little odd and tends to make everything take on a chiaroscuro quality. Makes sense as most of my dreams are hunting/being hunted by hordes of the undead or some other form of horror story spookiness :lol: . I don't dream of being a specific gender that often, though when I do, it goes back and forth. Most of time, they're in androgynous first person mode, like a home movie.

J.

• Root Admin

To be honest, I don't remember dreaming at all for some time now!

i dream past and future and it it so exact in color sound and everything the only thing that is weird is i cant speak and they cant see me.

and my dreams always happened or will happen wether it invloved me or not.

its weird.

e.g. i told my sister what her Solo and Ensemble scores were before they happened (she didnt belive me) i was correct dow to the dot.

Guest Michelle M

Lately I've had 2 dreams. In 1 of them I was splicing animal DNA and I made a pure white frog. It was so beautiful and it loved me. It would always cling to me wherever I went and it never let go. Then my in-dream mom saw it and said "I wish she'd trade in her dress for a lab coat."

I had another dream that I was back in high school, with a lot of familiar classmates, only; I was a girl this time. My subconscious is finally accepting me. It felt great.

Guest kathy sue

i have insomnia so bad i don't sleep long enough to dream or if i do i just don't remember

i do recall one way back around 1980 or so that sticks with me where i was falling and awoke when i sat straight up

it was in washed out color as it was at night and outside with street lights

the only other one i remember was when i was trying a new anti-inflammatory and was so violent i stopped that med

and yes it was in vivid color and i was male, it had something to do with getting revenge or something for all i was put through as a kid very disturbing

my dreams have been quite scary lately.

i keep dreaming that i started cutting my self and i couldnt stop and it ended with me looking down at my dead body then i woke up.

i was freaked.

i been getting dreams like this since i stopped cutting

Guest Firegirl

I have just weird out there dreams. I have had dreams where zombies are taking over the world (watch a lot of horror flicks =D), or some weird dream about a super-market, where some guy was chained up to like a pipe or somethin, (this was like a day or so after I had seen the movie Saw for the first time), and most of the time I am just watching these, like I am the camera-women on the set of a movie. Otherwise, my dreams are just must up and about school or what I am going to do the next day and most of the time I don't see myself in those either. However, when I do I'm usually female, there has been one or two since I started transistioning, that I have been male (GRR!), but those are few. I have however, had the dream where I have had the surgery (Pre-op right now), and been extremely happy and it feels SO really....and then I woke up and realize that it was just a dream GRRR! I acutually punch my pillow the last time that happened.

-Lessa

Guest savagedm

I had a weird dream last night... I dreamt I was with a girl, intimately, and as we finished I was swallowed up into her womb and a few minutes later I re-emerged as a gorgeous woman.... It scared the bajesus out of me because of how graphic it was in my mind, but felt odly soothing. I have never really had many dreams about being a woman, certainly nothing like this one, but it still felt good somehow. I think it is simply my deepest desires taking control of that last holdout in my brain that is unsure of everything, I had no lack of confidence whatsoever today when talking to my therapist and I was even open about him writing me a letter at some point in the future. Very exciting stuff!

I have however, had the dream where I have had the surgery (Pre-op right now), and been extremely happy and it feels SO really....and then I woke up and realize that it was just a dream GRRR! I acutually punch my pillow the last time that happened.
Awwww, Sweet, and HAHA all in one. wish that would happen to me...

actually a couple years ago i dreamed that an evil sorcerer had turned me into a girl.... but he got mad because i was happier... lol i was like 8 or 9 years old then.

but since then i have had dreams in which i was a girl... like not tg no operation i just was a girl.

in my dreams i which i was a girl i had long blond hair it was so pretty! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 295 Guests (See full list)

• Stefi
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Petra Jane
    • The Lake
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

The Lake
    Newest Member
    The Lake

1. Britton
      Britton
      (53 years old)
    2. chipped_teeth
      chipped_teeth
    3. james-m
      james-m
    4. jenny75
      jenny75
      (34 years old)
    5. KASS13
      KASS13
    • Carolyn Marie
      Wholeheartedly agree.  Whether a compliment is backhand or forehand, I take it gladly.  They are offered rarely enough these days.    Carolyn Marie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Wow, a shop that actually respects a customer's truck?  That seems like a miracle!  My husband does most of his own work, because he really, REALLY hates people who mess with an interior, with grease spots or footprints.  His personal truck is old, but super clean.  And since he's the transportation manager for his company, he's pretty picky about people respecting company equipment.  "Take care of it, and it will take care of you" is the motto.  Drivers should be able to go through a DOT Level 1 inspection without worry. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Literally the word means "hatred of women" and so I don't think that's quite the right description for what you encountered.  Possibly chauvinism?  Or maybe just not wanting to bother somebody he figured wasn't interested or capable of doing the job?  Who knows.   But on the other hand...be glad you're passing
    • VickySGV
      Finally found a site that gives the definition of defemination as a process of loss of feminine characteristics or continued loss of them.  Not a word I would use every day, although I can see where it would be a problem for some who value those feminine characteristics.  Yes I have seen it happen and now get the idea, and yes, not in so many words, but yes I have been up against others who do put down my femininity as being a pseudo female at the most polite and I cannot use the words hear for what it is at the worst.   Online, there is little to do about it except leave and block the people who do it and the places it happens, since it affects you much more heavily and negatively than it does the person doing it, and you need freedom from the stress.  The rules here which our "powers that be", namely the staff say we do not put up with members denying the authentic identity of other members. 
    • VickySGV
      I still maintain my "male" skills and almost have to laugh when that sort of thing happens to me with Cis males, and it does happen.  On the other side there, I have activities with the Trans community  here where I live including Trans Men who love to show off their new lives.  I have had a couple come over to my house and I have done some shop teaching that is always fun.  When they offer to help me by doing "male stuff" in a group, I do not take it as misogyny .
    • Thea
      This guy asked me to help with his tire.  So when I turned around and he saw that I'm a woman he's like,  oh nevermind
    • Betty K
      I think that’s an important point. In my case, I’ve found transitioning to be such a relief and a joy that I have no difficulty focussing on the positives. Maybe in your case you could make a practice of noting when you are gendered correctly? Do you keep a journal? I find doing so is major help.   After saying I rarely get misgendered, it actually happened to me yesterday in a local store. After recovering from my shock (the salesman called me “brother”, which to me is about as bad as it gets) I wrote my first complaint letter to a business w/r/t misgendering. That felt good. I also reflected that, to a degree, for those of us who don’t pass, I think gendering is correctly can take a conscious effort. Some Folks seem to automatically see me as feminine, others have to work at it. So if you’re often surrounded by people who have no desire to work at it, that may exacerbate your problem.      
    • Betty K
      I don’t know why anyone would go to the effort of advocating for trans folks only to charge people to read their articles. It seems so counterproductive, and I seriously doubt they’re making more than pocket money out of it. 
    • KathyLauren
      Oh, how I wish we were over-reacting!  But I don't think we are.  The danger is under-reacting. 
    • Ivy
      I understand your feelings. I have the same fears.  NC has made a swing to the right as well, and I'm not optimistic.  I want to tell myself I'm over reacting.  But seeing what these people are  saying, and doing when they do get into power can't be dismissed.  It's proof of what they will do if they take over the federal government. I'm getting kinda old now anyway.  It took me over 60 years to get here, and I'm not going back.  I suppose they can revert my gender markers, but I will still be legally Ivy.  And I have every intention of dying as Ivy Anna.  If I can't find my hormones somehow, I'll do without.  The physical changes I do have are permanent.   Trans people have always existed.
    • Willow
      @KymmieL I think we all have had to deal with a person who would not apologize when they were wrong no matter what.  In my case it was my MIL. Actually called me a lier I front of my wife.  Even when she realized she was wrong she wouldn’t admit it to my wife, nor would she apologize to my wife for any of the things she later admitted she had done that affected my wife.  I had a boss that accused me of saying things I did not say in a manner I did not use.  Even another employee told him that I had not said the things nor used the words but he still refused to back down.     Unfortunately, all too many people in this world believe they are always right no matter what.  Some are very famous.  lol   Willow    
    • KatieSC
      I wish I could cope as well as others. I feel very defeated in that all of the consideration, and then treatment to transition, could all be wiped out by this time next year with the united effort by the R party to eradicate all that is transgender. I fear that the national election could turn out to our detriment, and we will face a national push to eradicate us. Tracking us down will not be that hard to do. Once they know who we are, forcing the legislation to reverse our name changes, gender marker changes, and other records, will not be that hard. We saw an example when the AG in Texas was data mining the driver licenses for those who had gender marker changes. Who will we appeal to? The Supreme R Court? We would have an easier time trying to convince a Russian court.    We need to get out and vote in November. There is not enough Ben & Jerry's to improve my outlook on all of this. In some ways it is a cruel thing in a way. In the early 1930s, Germany was working hard to hunt down the LGBTQ population and eradicate it. Now Germany has better protections there than we have in many of our own states. About 90 years ago, Germany was seeing the rise of their very own dictator...Now the US is on the verge...Oh never mind. What a difference 90 years makes...    History may repeat itself, but sometimes it shifts the focus a little...
    • Nonexistent
      I have the same problem as you, my face is the main reason why I get misgendered I'm pretty sure. I think it's mostly up to genetics how your face will look (T can help, but still genetics will determine how you end up). You can't change your facial structure really, you can get facial masculinization surgery but it's expensive so not an option for most unless you're rich lol.    Experimentally (I haven't done it but want to), you could see if any plastic surgeons around you will give you Kybella in your cheeks. It is an injection that removes fat, and is usually used underneath the chin/on the neck below the jawline, but some may use it off-label on the face. The only potential problem with this is that if your face would naturally thin out at an older age, it could thin out extra and make you look older (though I'm not certain on this). Another option is to get filler in your jaw/chin, which would make your jawline look more square and your face more masculine. I want jaw filler but I'm poor lol, it only lasts one year up to a few years depending on what kind you get, so it would have to be done every so often and can get expensive. I did get chin filler once, only 2 small vials so it didn't make that big of a difference. I would recommend going for the jaw if you can only choose 1, I wish I had done that.   Those are the only options I know of that will bring legitimate noticeable changes.
    • April Marie
      Welcome to the forums, Blake!! We are happy that you found us!!
    • Mmindy
      Good evening Blake.   Welcome to Transgender Pulse Forums.   Best wishes, stay positive and motivated.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.