• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

When You Dream At Night..

Guest Nekomata

Guest Firegirl
Awwww, Sweet, and HAHA all in one. wish that would happen to me...

It is a good dream until it ends, then it is just depressing =(. *Sigh*, one day I will have the money to get the surgery one day.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Petra Jane

• Jayme

• Michelle 2010

Guest washougal

I just saw this and started reading through it when I realized that in a majority of my dreams I am either a man or I am passing successfully as a man. I have had a few nightmares though that involved me being a woman passing as a man and getting outed with really bad consequences. Dreams are odd. In the dreams where I am a woman, i am always in some situation that is fairly real and related to something that recently happened to me. I am never feminine in these dreams though, I am usually as masculine as i am in real life. Most of these dreams where i am a girl are of things that i like to do that are not considered "girl like" things and i am always good at them and usually beating guys if it is a competition. This might be reading way too much into this, but maybe this is an expression of my desire to be as successful in "stereotypical" male stuff as men are but as a woman since I don't really have the option right now of not just dealing with the female body I have. Dreams are weird sometimes. <_< I swear i remember some of them more vividly than a lot of real memories I have. Maybe I should actually start keeping one of those "dream diaries". Always seemed a little too wacky (and girly), but maybe it would tell me a little about how my own view of myself is changing and help me understand myself better.

Sometimes being young sucks because everything is so confusing.

not sure who i am washougal

Guest gwenthlian

I never seem to have pleasant dreams at the moment. I am always a girl but the landscape keeps shifting. Churning visions flash past, people ive known, places ive been to and sometimes just colours but it always ends the same way. I stand in a desert with white sand and absolutely no noise until I hear the fine rasp of trickling sand. It rushes away from me and i am left alone.

:lol: i am so messed up

Guest Brianna

My dreams lately are...unique. It's usually first person perspective, and I'm just watching other people, not interfering, just observing how people do these things. Usually it pertains to something I've experienced lately. Like walking down my school hallway, but people just go past, and I look at their faces.

I have had a few where I've seen myself with really pretty,long, wavy, brown hair, and wearing a white v-neck dress, and beautiful make up. I've woken up from these dreams and run my hand through my hair and been like "doh!" hehe. But those are my favorite dreams, even though I'm disappointed when I wake up lol.

Anyways,

Lots of Love, Alyssa.

• 4 months later...
Guest Silver

It changes. Sometimes (rarely now) I really couln't tell what gender I am in my dreams...kinda reflected my confusion in real life <_< .

In those dreams that I CAN tell what gender I am: More and more, I am seeing myself as my true self, the boy. I once had a dream where I was trying to find the girl, but she was gone. I saw a mirror and saw a boy looking back. I realized I was dreaming, but it was so great to have the body I wanted (if only in a dream) that I didn't want to wake up!

Kinda random but yeah.

-Kirk

Guest harvester52

I think there's enough trust here to reveal a very odd thing about myself.

In my dreams... I am a combine harvester. I don't drive one, I -am- one. Odd? Yeah. I can't really explain it, either.

Guest Bemused

In my Dreams I am usually a cross between male/female then again so Is most of the people in my dream we are all unisex kind of

unless its someone I view as closed minded, then they are the sex they are in real life and everyone dislikes them for some reason.

I'm usually more girl then guy though very rarey am I more guy only when I dream I am in a fight with someone or getting hurt.

Guest Link48010

It reflects my gender selection and what I see/watch/do the day before. When I was 14, I had beaten Megaman Legends 2, I was Roll that entire night, then I beat Resident Evil 4 a few months ago, I was Leon. (that dream sucked). I watched Pans Labyrinth, I was the main character (I think it's Pan, but if I assume and say it I'll sound stupid).

Guest Lynnx

well, i'm not transitioning so there is no old self/ new self.

I have never dreamed of myself as the person I would like to be... Once when i was a kid i dreamed of a place where everyone had both sexes. That's what i would like be. Interestingly, in that dream i realized that being that way, having both sexes, was the next evolution of our species....at least in the dream, it was.

so anyway, have i ever had a dream as the opposite sex? yes, but these dreams seem to be from my past life. This is assuming you believe in reincaration. If you dont, you'ld think i'm crazy (but you probably do anyway :P )

One that sticks out in my mind is i dreamed that i'm an oriental boy, about 6 to 8 years old, in a class of boys about my age, all dorming together in a building that looks quite old, made old stone i think. And the weird thing is we had all got our heads shaved recently in the same way with just a circle of long hair left on top. I remember it was itchy, and such a pain to comb thru the remaining hair like we had to every night. I really wish i could remember where I was.

Guest Drew

my dreams are always kind of abstract...sometimes i'm a bio-guy, sometimes i'm a trans-guy...sometimes i'm not even there.

Guest StrandedOutThere

In the past I've just been androgynous. Lately, as in the past year or so, I am a bio guy. It always bums me out when I wake up and find...well...something missing.

Guest Allianna

i usually dont dream though the ones i remember are kinda 50/50.

like a bunch of times i would be fighting to protect someone or something or just live a regular day and ill be female.

then there are the really rage saturated dreams where im laying waste to entire armies with weapons swords and magic and im this monsterous male cunsumed with only the urge to kill and destroy.

and then lately my last dream was totally wierd i was female in full battle armor and had a massive fight with my dream male self... still cant remember if i won or not. "shrugs" dreams are odd anyways.

• 3 years later...

Hey, I went back in the time machine and look what I found from 2008...Dreams

Might be worth resurrecting?

Most of my dreams most of my life have involved a lot of uncertainty and confusion and me trying to figure out what was going on. Often very surreal or Daliesque.

My last one involved having found my house ransacked and my valuables missing and desperately trying to find them. It occurred shortly after my best friend died. Other than that I don't seem to dream much since I stopped altering my consciousness artificially :doh1:

Huggs

Michelle

I daydream and fantasise about being a girl or a woman quite often but whats going on in my head when I am sleeping... For most part, no idea...

I do remember one time, many Many years ago, I had a dream where I was a woman and gave birth to a baby girl, and then somehow I was that

baby, grown up a little, but still little, and I was searching for "me" (the mother me)... But that was one dream, on one night, long long time ago...

But now I can't remember having any nightly dreams at all in recent years. (Though I suppose I must? and I just don't remember... but since I

don't remember, obviously I have no idea what I could be dreaming about, or what my gender might usually be or if there is Me at all) :blink: