• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Nervous And Excited!

Guest Robin Winter

Guest Robin Winter

Ok, so I'm being a bit silly, it's only hair.

I just made a hair appointment for tomorrow morning, but I've been letting my hair grow (still short, but long enough to do stuff with) and I'm so nervous about it...My intention is to ask the stylist to give me a "less than masculine" style. Well, something that can go either way, I still have work to worry about. So basically I'll be outing myself to my stylist.

Other than when I had long hair and a pony tail, this will be my first ladies cut, and even when it was long, I had the sideburns and stuff, so yeah, big change for me.

So yeah, it's silly and superficial, but I'm still nervous and excited.

^_^

*Hugs*

Shi

• Admin

Shilo, I can understand your case of nerves, but still, it sounds like a wonderful

experience.

Do you know what you want, or perhaps have a magazine photo of a style you would like?

That would help the stylist and give you a little more of a comfort factor.

I wish you luck. Have fun, and RELAX!

Carolyn Marie

Hun--you might go to some on-line wig companies that recommend specific wig styles to compliment the shape of your face to give you some ideas what type of cut/style would look best on you. And don't be afraid to ask for what you want exactly from your stylist---some stylists are better than others in determining the best, most flattering cut for you. I wear a wig and how it was I finally decided on which wig to buy was to copy my sister who's face is very much like my own and go for her natural style and color. Are you going to get your hair colored BTW?

ricka

Guest Robin Winter
Hun--you might go to some on-line wig companies that recommend specific wig styles to compliment the shape of your face to give you some ideas what type of cut/style would look best on you. And don't be afraid to ask for what you want exactly from your stylist---some stylists are better than others in determining the best, most flattering cut for you. I wear a wig and how it was I finally decided on which wig to buy was to copy my sister who's face is very much like my own and go for her natural style and color. Are you going to get your hair colored BTW?

ricka

Not at this stage, no. I've done a lot of coloring in the past and I didn't like what it did to my hair. I'll hold off for now, maybe until the gray's start outnumbering the browns :P

My natural color really accentuates my eyes anyway. I don't like a lot about me physically, but I love my eye color. Very deep brown with amber flecks :)

Guest Robin Winter

Ok, well that was interesting.

When I got there and was asked what I wanted, I said "This might sound weird, but I'm looking for something less masculine". Her reaction through me, she didn't seem the type to worry about that kind of thing, but she seemed nervous and excitable throughout.

While I was getting the cut done, I thought she had either misunderstood me, or chose to ignore, cuz it wasn't turning out at all like I'd hoped. Was still looking like a male's haircut. She surprised me at the end though, when she explained. It wasn't long enough yet, so she was shaping for when it gets longer, and by christmas I should have a soft "feminine look". She lowered her voice to say feminine, which I found funny, but I realize she was respecting my privacy. So yeah, turns out she didn't misunderstand at all and I worried over nothing. I think I just surprised her.

It's not what I wanted, but it will be!!

*Hugs*

Shi

Guest Donna Jean

Well...

That worked out well overall....

You know that everything needs a good base to build on and by what you say...that's what she gave you! Cool...

And let me tell you something, Shi.....Christmas isn't that far away!

Good Girl!

HUGG!

Donna Jean

A small success story, but it will grow. :lol:

This is a good step, getting it ready.

What a Christmas present, a feminine hairstyle.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Robin Winter

Yeah, I actuallly have since washed it out and styled it to my own preference and it's not that bad. Kinda a tomboyish look, but still almost feminine. Can't wait for it to grow out more :D

Guest Robin Winter
Hi Shilo,

I hope you can share pictures when you get the December cut. Still trying to figure out how to let mine grow out...

Kat.

We'll see. Not sure I'm brave enough to share my piccehs yet :mellow:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 221 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • FelixThePickleMan
    • MirandaB
    • Betty K