• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Fun Times At Work Since The Name Change

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Today I had to drive over to our Lakeland terminal and meet up with Angel in safety. Of course I was stressing out because LAST TIME someone told me to go to Lakeland and come to the terminal ASAP, I was fired. That also happened to be the time almost a year ago that I was doing the full-time girl thing but once I got fired I had to stop briefly and I was paranoid that it was because maybe someone complained or something.

Well anyway, for this company as far as I know, that hasn't been the problem. Angel was really nice, she and someone else in safety were referring to me as Elizabeth or she or her. I got to meet my dispatcher, Dennis, who I already liked talking to on the phone so it was cool to meet him in person.

Pretty much what I thought would be a quick "just fax these here and that's it" is a bigger paper trail minor pain in the rear. I pretty much have to fill out all the paperwork I originally filled out when hired but under Elizabeth instead. W4, I9, acknowledgement statements, confirmation statements, blah blah blah.

Tomorrow, though, eventhough my current DOT physical is still valid I have to go get a new one with my new name and a drug test.

The only thing I'm kinda wondering about is since I'm going there obviously as a female....I've never had a physical before as a woman so I'm wondering what 'extra' questions there may be.

Like I'm sure they will ask the date of my last period. Would they look at me weird (being a 34 year old) if I told them I don't have periods?

I didn't have to get a prostate exam last time I was there so I'm hoping there won't a need to look inside or do a breast exam, but I guess I will find out tomorrow. I'm probably worrying about nothing (aside from answering the period question).

Guest Donna Jean

OMG, Lizzie.....

How cool is that?

You'll get re-done as you this time!

And you're right...there may be a couple of "different" type questions...but watch out for trick questions...

This is great...now all of your paperwork will be in order, your name was used along with the correct pronouns and you got to do a face to face with Dennis....

It all sounds good to me....

That's so cool, Lizzie...I'm proud of ya!

BIGGGG HUGGGG

Donna Jean

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Well, the physical went just fine. The drug test went just fine. Going through the rest of the paperwork and filling out anything they were missing went just fine.

well, the physical went fine MOSTLY...towards the end the Dr said "now I know your driver's license says male but our records indicate female.. did you have the surgery?" "no". "so you're still...". "yes". "ok then I'll have to check for a hernia."

Mental note, get testes removed so I don't have to go through that again.

(back at the terminal)

The lady in safety came up to me shortly after we started and said "I have to ask you a question, and I hope you don't get offended. Would you want to get your picture retaken?" (for their files) to which I responded "I'm not offended at all, in fact I was going to ask you if you wouldn't mind retaking it."

So we got that out of the way, one of the lady dispatchers complimented me on how gorgeous my hair was. I talked to my dispatcher for a bit and he understands I like to stay busy and not go home very often. I'm also the only girl in the group of trucks he oversees.

oh now he just called me asking if I could do a quick trip down to Homestead FL in the morning. The more valuable I look, the less likely they are to fire me, right? and speaking of valuable, while I was in safety doing paperwork they had another driver come in who apparently has had too many accidents and they are putting him on a safety watch for like 90 days. sucks to be him!

Guest Donna Jean

Lizzie....you just made my day, honey!

I've been thinking about you doing this all day...now I know...

New pic and everything......too bad about that hernia thing, though....sux.

Oh, when you're in Homestead, say "Hi" to Sam Dover for me.....OK? THX!

LOVE

Donna Jean

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

It was a really good day. Much of the passing going on although there's a little part of me that thinks everyone in the dispatch office knows about me and my business, but, they're being professional so I shall continue to be professional. I wanted to look the part too so I wore my new purply peasant top that had a respectable neckline. One of the other ladies in there complimented me on my hair, which is one of those on-going continuous compliments I've been getting ever since going full time and wearing my hair down. I did tell her my gorgeous hair was a curse because it's so thick and with the Florida heat it's just ... bleh. and really, once I was parked for the night the first thing I did was pull my hair up! lol can't wait for it to start getting colder so I can wear it down all day and not get over-heated.

the only down side to today was, aside from the hernia check which was just as awkward for the Dr as it was for me (and she did it quick, too) was having the whole clinic visit taking 2 hours.

Have you noticed women are more apt to greet other women (if it's part of their job) more than greeting men?

Have you also noticed women are more inclined to give a quick smile to another woman if you two are walking past and happen to catch each person looking at the other? It's like a quick smile and then you turn your eyes away to something else.

Today wasn't without it's share of phobias either, mind you. While walking into a truck stop (because I was hungry!) I walked past this group of 3 guys who were talking kind of softly to themselves and then once I passed by they began laughing. Now I know they saw me coming because I saw one or two turn and look. and then on the way out, same thing. But, like I tell myself, it could have been me... it may have not been me and my phobia of getting read was just trying to get the best of me. They could have read me, they could have been talking about something funny. Just don't worry about it Liz, keep your head up and maintain your feminine demeanor and don't worry about it or them.

It was kind of weird too because when I first went into the terminal today I went up to the window and 2 people looked up from their desks, saw me and smiled. Interesting to note, these two people: it was 1 male and 1 female and who do I connect eyes with and talk to even though that person was further away? The woman. We ladies stick together. ;)

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I just remembered this!

Yesterday when I first went to the terminal I had to go in scuzzy incognito mode because it had been 2 days with no shower, my face was stubbly, I was hot and gross and icky and when I went in I told them I had to see Angel and they said (now this is the same person who I talked with today) for me to have a seat and she'll be with me shortly.

But today, when I went in to the same terminal, as a pretty girl, I talked to the same woman and told her I had to see Angel and she said "you can go right in through the orientation door."

Scuzzy incognito mode - you can sit and wait

Pretty girl mode - come on in, honey

being a girl rocks. :)

About the dudes laughing. You know they could of just been laughing at your shoes or just at the fact they don't like girls with glasses. exc. Any stupid thing they can try to make fun of. In high school a new boy was making fun of my friends shoes, yeah, it was stupid but his group he was sitting at thought it was so funny. Anyway, the point is it could of been nothing about you that you need to worry about.

I'm happy things are going well with you, it seems. Keep on trucking! lol sorry I couldn't help it.

I love your saga Lizzy you have a way about you that draws us into your life and opens the door to professional drivers..you're my favorite long hauler

Mia