• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Question About Feminists

Guest Nekomata

Guest Rika-chama

Found this here

However, feminists are sometimes wary of the transgender movement because it challenges the distinctions between men and women. Transgender and transsexual women are excluded from some "women-only" gatherings and events and are rejected by some feminists who say that no one born male can fully understand the oppression that women face, also citing the sexism inherent in the notion that femaleness is a default gender that one can enter after shedding externally recognizable male traits. This exclusion is criticized as transphobic by transwomen who assert that the discrimination and various struggles (such as that for legal recognitions) that they face due to asserting their gender identity is closely linked to many feminist efforts, and that discrimination against gender-variant people is another face of heterosexism and patriarchy. See trans and gender studies.

Also found this quote here

although these are radical feminists

“They were and you are ‘messed up’ because you have a boy thing you are considering to chop off. Regardless of how your brain is wired or if you were one of those unfortunate enough to be born with both a boy thing and a girl thing - it’s messed up!”

“What a bunch of perverted bull crap! Crawl back down into your gloomy transgender den underneath the androgenous Mountains Smeagol.”

“Sex organs have everything to do with gender. Your mental confusion is boundless.”

So from what I've seen feminists aren't too happy about transwomen but there are many different types of feminism and I'm sure some like MtFs.

Ni-paa~

Guest Mr. Fox

I, another intruding FTM, am posting on the MTF forum! Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Not all feminists are b**tches like those ones. I and most other transsexuals are feminists, and we obviously don't hate the transgendered community. A lot of feminists are general equal rights people and believe in LGBTQ rights. I would say that normal feminists don't hate transsexuals anymore than the rest of the world does. However, a few wacko feminists give all of us a bad reputation. C'est vie.

In my experience, feminists are often divided over their views on trans people. Some do not accept MTFs; however, many feminists I know, especially younger feminists, are very inclusive of the trans community. So I guess it all kind of depends. It's a shame that some feminists are opposed to trans people, because what the whole feminist movement is supposed to be about is to promote equality among the sexes and genders, and to exclude certain groups seems to be counterproductive.

Guest Michelle M

That's ok, Mr. Fox! I post in the FTM forum sometimes, so I'm an intruder as well :P . At first I feld strange doing it, and I actually checked to see if other MTF's had posted in your forum at first, just to figure out if it was acceptable. You know, before I did any research and just knew from what I saw on TV, I was so ignorant of the trans world. I thought the only trans people that existed were MTF. I'm happy that I get to interact with you guys, and read about your thoughts/emotions, and daily problems.

Guest Rika-chama

Well Michelle I'm glad to learn more about MtFs ^___^ It's nice to learn about each other. Anyways, I guess I was quoting the radical feminists there. The crazy ones that think men are the scum of the earth. Normal, good feminists I can see as being trans-friendly as everyone else has said.

Ni-paa~

Guest kunoichigoddess

>.> if ppl were to say that i couldnt understand the oppression women face just because i wasnt born with those organs, id 1) be really! mad and 2) ask them "well if men treat you diffrent because your women hows that diffrent from you treating me like a man because im tg? cause at that point they'd have to either let me join in or have to accept the fact theyre hippocrits

common stratagy that i use is use theyre words against them cause generally ppl avoid those who seem to be against even theyre beliefs

Guest GoldenKirbichu

Feminism as a whole ought to be supportive of transpeople. Personally, I don't like feminism - I want gender equality. Equal rights, not special rights. Feminism is almost like flipping the scale upside down.

Guest silverpetals

i totally can't believe nobody's mentioned julia serano or 'whipping girl', which everyone should read :D.

but as others have said, feminists aren't all germaine greer-styled "only XX will do!" misandrous SCUM :mellow: . feminism is a very wide-ranging and varied ideology, and it isn't all about rejecting men to second place either, although this is the face that is mainly shown to the public through the patriarchal (oops, did i just say that?) media.

even radical feminism, which sends most people running at its very mention, is just basically about the idea that women are oppressed by more than just unequal rights and androcentric religions, but by attitudes inherent in a male-controlled society.

...okay, before i go off on some kind of rant...different feminists have different views of transsexuality. most femininsts just view transwomen as women and transmen as men (NOT the enemy). so...transsexuals are allies just like any other people.

of course, there are always extremist feminist separatists, who view transwomen as a patriarchal plot to infiltrate 'femininity' and devalue women, and deconstruct the notion of 'gender' which would also render a few of their theories useless by showing that there really isn't that much inherently different between men and women--we're all just people. a lot of them just view transmen as butch women in search of power <_< so to be honest, they're nobody's friends except their own.

but ya, like everything there are so many different sides to this.

Hey There.

Myself,i have had major fortune with the acceptance i have found among women.

I was even invited and joined a women's only group.

It has taken over a year to win approval from the GG's i know.

But,then again,they knew me as my old self.

The hardest to win?The straight married women.

Are any of them feminists,heck if i know.

I just know that i am being accepted as the woman i am.

And that is enough for me.

Angie

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 93 Guests (See full list)

• April Marie
    • Justine76
    • Karen Carey
    • KathyLauren
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Aleksandria
    Newest Member
    Aleksandria

1. Conner_Sent_By_Cyberlife
      Conner_Sent_By_Cyberlife
      (22 years old)
    2. CtN1p
      CtN1p
    3. heyim_finn
      heyim_finn
      (21 years old)
    4. Jayn
      Jayn
    5. joni_girl_1988
      joni_girl_1988
      (51 years old)
    • Vidanjali
    • April Marie
      Sunday is my weekly ablution day - all of the parts that need occasional shaving get their required attention. The weather is rainy and cool today so after the ablutions and shower, I put on blue jeans, a gray t-shirt and a black front-zip hoodie along with gray sneakers.   And, I did put on make-up, not to impress anyone but just to feel as if I'm looking my best....as good as that can be given this woman is now 69 years old. 
    • April Marie
      There are lots of us here willing to offer support, ideas, a shoulder or just a smile. Working with your therapist and finding your true self can be difficult process...but it will also be filled with wonder and joy as you discover that person who's been waiting inside you to be found.   Just know that you are not alone.
    • Mealaini
      Thank you for fixing my country of origin MaryEllen!     :) Mealaini
    • Mealaini
      Thank you KayC!  I am just trying to keep breathing. I don't have a huge amount of time in my life for self exploration.  My job and responsibilities have me second guessing all my inner work.  I do have time off in the summer - coming up soon as I am a teacher.  Only a few workshops.  Looking forward ward to some introspection.     :) Mealaini
    • Betty K
      Yes, essentially. As Julia Serano says, they view trans outcomes as intrinsically worse than cis outcomes. 
    • Jani
      I used to but now its just lip gloss every now and then, in a subdued tone.
    • Ivy
      Yeah, a lot of times I don't really have anything to add to the conversation. There are some threads I seldom post on.
    • Ivy
      I have seen some things about this.  As I remember it was not very trans-friendly. The people doing these things seem to minimize the positive aspects of transition, and maximize the potential problems. Basically, make it as difficult as possible (without outright banning it) to discourage anyone from doing it.
    • Willow
      Good morning    woke up to some light rain this morning.  Maybe I should run out with a giant umbrella to cover the car.   Ha ha ha.     I’ve had really nice cars before but never something like this.     @KymmieL I hope you got to go on your ride. Back when I had my Harley we went out for a ride almost every weekend. We would head either SW down the Shenandoah Valley or Skyline Drive which danced along the tops of the Mountains or we would head west into West Virginia and just travel along until it was time to find our way home.   occasionally I wish I still had a bike but I usually quickly for get that. The only thing I ever wanted as a young person that I never had was a late 50s vette.      
    • April Marie
      I admit to wearing make-up. Actually, I'll admit to enjoying wearing make-up. For me, it's been part of learning about myself as a woman and finding a style and look that reflects my personality.    Sometimes, it will just be a bit of mascara and a touch of lipstick. But, most often I wear foundation with setting powder, gel eyeliner, mascara, a little blush on my cheek line and lipstick. I also use an eyebrow pencil to darken my brows a bit.  Infrequently, I will add some eye shadow.   Most of my make-up is from Mary Kay although my lipsticks or from various manufacturers and eyeliners are mostly Maybelline. My wife purchases most of her make-up from Mary Kay and so we order together from our local representative. Of course, I don't have much brand experience but I'm happy with the Mary Kay products and find myself transitioning almost entirely to their line of make-up.
    • KathyLauren
      I did early on, out of necessity.  Regardless of how close you shave, beard shadow shows through.  I just used a bit of foundation, setting powder and blush.    I didn't use much eye makeup.  I started out with a bit of eye liner, but I thought it gave me a "trying too hard" look.  So I mostly didn't use any.   With covid and masking, I stopped using makeup altogether.  Why bother when no one can see your face and the mask smears the makeup anyway?   When restrictions were lifted, I didn't go back to wearing makeup.  My face feminized quite nicely over the first few years of HRT.  I'll never be pretty, but I look more female than male.  (Or I like to tell myself that anyway.)  With several years of electrolysis, and with what facial hair remains turning white, I don't have much beard shadow, so there is nothing to cover up.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Do you use make-up? If so, why and what  types?
    • Heather Shay
      Pride is primarily about yourself, even when it is not you who did something that you are proud about. You can also be proud of something someone else did, who you associate with, such as your children or your favorite football team. People can feel proud of their culture, their family name, or their appearance, none of which require them to actively contribute to the praiseworthy thing1. However, the opinions of others are of crucial importance, as best demonstrated when you purposefully do something that other people praise. Pride is a social emotion, and to feel proud, you need other people’s (real or imagined) confirmation that you have a reason to feel that way. Because of this, other people can also ‘be in your head’ and prevent you from feeling pride. Namely, what is praiseworthy is subjective. Things that may be considered good in a certain (cultural) group may not be praiseworthy in another (e.g., if you grew up in a family that greatly values academics, your athletic abilities may not evoke much praise). Moreover, what is praiseworthy is relative (e.g., if you are a good runner in an athletically average school, you may regularly feel proud about your times; but if you move to a school with highly competent athletes, these same times may seem unremarkable to you). Thus, the more exclusive your quality is in your surroundings, the prouder you feel. Pride has recognizable features. Although its static facial expression (typically a smile or laugh) does not clearly distinguish it from other positive emotions, it typically results in a bodily posture, gestures, and behavior that are clearly recognizable: lifting your chin, looking people in the eye, walking confidently, or in extreme cases, raising arms above your head. In a way, you try to make yourself larger and more noticeable, as if to say: ‘look at me!’ You may also exhibit more perseverance in your activities2. People generally find it very pleasant to experience pride, as it elevates our feeling of social self-worth and status3. At the same time, many social groups, religions, and cultures (especially those that are highly collectivistic, such as the East Asian or African culture) believe that pride needs to be checked. Unchecked pride leads to arrogance and misplaced feelings of superiority (‘letting something get to your head’, ‘hubris comes before the fall’), and social groups typically do not tolerate members feeling like they are superior or deserve special treatment.  
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.