• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Second Introduction

Guest TroyGD

I have never been very good at introductions but I would like to try again. I am 37 years old and I finally decided that I needed to be true to and stop holding it in that I am a man trapped in a female body. I am very sure of what I am but I don't know where to start because everyone around thinks it is a way for me to get attention. People who I love and care about have said to me people already make fun of you because of the cerebral palsy. They believe I will make it worse. I live in Kansas and my resources here are limited I finally found a medical doctor and I have a therapist. I am very excited about my process but as I have mentioned I an very new to this. My mom thinks that the hormones will kill me or make me fat. The other factor is that I am African American or as I say Afro American. At this point I feel very much alone. I am scared that I am too to start taking hormones. My mom lives in another state and the rest of my biology family want nothing to do with me. My friends who are the closest thing I have to a family but refuse to call me by my male name and try to talk me out of it instead of support me. So when I want to talk about it they quickly change the subject. I have never felt more alone in my life. As I have mentioned in another post I am very shy in social situations. I can speak and perform in front of crowds but when it comes to meeting new people I am very shy. I am just trying to make an effort to reach out to others that may have experienced this or going through the same thing. I have joined a couple of yahoo groups that are for transmen of color. but I am scared to post there for fear that I might offend those that started when the were younger. This probably makes no sense but it was an attempt at a second introduction.

Guest Jean Davis

Hi Troy

I think that this is a very good attempt at a second introduction, don't worry no one here is going to judge you so feel free to be yourself.

I'm so sorry to hear that your family and friends don't support you. I would just continue with your therapist and transitition if that is what makes you happy. Perhaps if your family and friends see that you are serious they will come around. But in the mean time you could practice your social skills with us :D and maybe make some new friends along the way.

As for how "T" is going to affect your health, that is going to have to be determined by your doctor. Only your doctor will know how medicines and hormones will effect your health, so be honest with him/her.

LUV

Jean

Guest Donna Jean

Troy, Honey....

It's a fine second introduction!

And welcome again....

You sure do have some things on your plate...and I think that some of the guys here can lend a hand...

You're starting your journey...I know what that's about....I'm on mine.

And there is a lot to do. But you are ahead of the curve because you have a therapist and a doctor lined up...that makes you in a great position!

You are getting off on the right foot...

Now, be sure to post any questions that you have and see what kind of responses you get...everyone here wants to help each other...

I'm happy that you seem to know what you need to do...

So, start out by seeing that therapist first......OK?

Good!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest madelane

Hi Troy and welcome

I know just how you feel as I am a LOT older than you yet have taken the step by first accepting me as me and then going ahead and doing something about it. I, however, shall remain in the closet for my families sake, for the time being anyway, so feeling alone I understand.

Here you will find kind warm and helpful people that you can open your heart to without fear.

Take care

Madelane

Welcome Troy! (Did I welcome you the first time? I totally forget :P) Too bad the people around you aren't very supporting... yet. Perhaps if you explain it better to them they'll understand? If you have a doctor and therapist, however, I think you're good to go! Be sure to come here though, if you ever feel the need to talk with someone!