• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello

Guest Brendan

Guest Brendan

Hello everyone, my name is Brendan. I've finally built up the courage to make my own account and post on here instead of just reading everyone else's topics...

I've recently began coming out to people and I must say, it's one of the scariest things. I never had to come out with my sexuality because everyone just knew, I dated both guys and girls, it was never a secret and I never "came out" to anyone, so this is a strange experience.

I'm still in high school which has its blessings and its pitfalls. I'm the president of my school's GSA, so I know there is a supportive network at my school, additionally I do a lot of work in the LGBT community here in Phoenix, so there are places for me to turn if anything goes wrong. However, I live in a very conservative area so I'm a little afraid to offically come out at school though at the same time, I want to be Brendan in everyone's eyes before I go off to college. Oh, decisions, decisions.

Anywho, that's that. I'm sure you all will be seeing a lot of me in the future, so I'll leave my rant at that and end this with, Hello!

- Brendan

• Admin

Hello, Brendan, and welcome to Laura's! I'm glad you decided to come inside and stop pressing your nose against the glass. It's much more comfy

on the inside anyway. Step into the Member's Lounge and I'll get you some lemonade and some of Sally's famous cookies. Now that the warm

cookie smell is wafting around, other (hungry) members will be snooping around in a minute too.

Since you've been around the forums for a while you already know what a supportive, interesting and informative place this is.

Once you start posting, you'll also experience the love that is part of this place too. I encourage you to post all you want, in any

forum you want, and have fun and make friends.

After five posts you can send Private Messages (PMs) to other members.

Oh, and if you don't know, this is a moderated site, as folks like me keep watch on the posts to make sure the site stays safe for everyone.

Make yourself at home, Brendan, because you are!

Carolyn Marie

Welcome Aboard, Brendan! Great to hear that you are involved with GSA! Great organization! I live in a conservative area too but there are several HS and a college GSA chapter here. Does my heart a lot of good to see young people being socially and politically involved for change. In the state were I live (Oregon) GSA members had a huge influence on legislators to change laws to bring about transgender equality.

ricka

Guest Brendan

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the receptiveness, and I will be partaking in the cookies, haha.

Ricka, I'm actually friends with a lot of kids up in Oregon who work GLSEN, and boy am I jealous of what you all have going on up there. From what it sounds like, there seems to be a pretty large group of supportive and active people up there.

Guest Donna Jean

HEY! I SMELL COOKIES!

Hey, Honey.....

Welcome to the Playground!

It's so nice to have you with us!

I'd like to encourage you to post a lot and read all that you can absorb, because there's a lot to digest ere! And all of it is helpful!

Nice to have you!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Hello Brendan,

I am so glad that you have decided to join in - there are a lot more cookies in here than on the outside.

I see that a lot of our wonderful members have been by to greet you and make you feel welcome - because you are.

You are now part of a wonderful family and we are here to support each other.

I have been her for more than just a little while now and there is no place that I would rather psend my time - this is a great place to be, loving, caring and accepting people who will not judge you.

Welcome to the family.

Love ya,

Sally