• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Acceptance And Understanding

Guest angie

Hey my beautiful sisters,

I am finding it to be so deeply rewarding that my good friends,family and siblings,

not only accept that I am indeed who I have said I was for the last six and a half

years,but that they are willing to talk to me about my journey.My sister called me

this morning,and when I said my friends were all trans women,she corrected me

and said,"Honey you are all just ladies,just regular women you are not a transsexual

anylonger." Wow,this coming from a sister who would not talk to me,much less acknowlege

that I am her sister until recently.My two male friends both call me up saying," Hey Woman

what are you doing lady?" I have talked about my journey and that I like men.And for these

folks to not freak out and call me a gay man,is a testament to their change in thinking.I love

that I am finally accepted as the woman I am by everyone I love,especially my loving ladies

that make up my family.I still think it's funny when big sis calls, because though she will not

use my real name,she doesn't use my old name either.There is always a hesitation when she

is talking to me,as she reminds herself I am not who I used to be.This development has been

a long time coming,as all no longer try to deny who I truly am.

Peace Light and Loving Energy.

Miss Angelique Michelle

Guest ~Brenda~

Acceptance by one's family and loved ones is uncomparable. You are truely blessed sweetheart. I too know the joy of family acceptance :)

I consider my youngest daughter as my mentor.

Love

Brenda

• Admin

That's such a great thing to hear, Angelique. When so many have had their relatives and friends and

family turn away, it is truly special to hear when the opposite happens. It gives all of us hope for

the future.

Thanks for sharing that, Hon.

I wish you continued happiness.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Angie,

I never get tired of hearing your great stories of acceptance and success. You give me and many others hope and inspiration for ourselves.

You've made the most important milestone of all: acceptance of loved ones who previously rejected you. Be very proud of who you are and what you do.

I wish you the best for your future, it's bright.

Your loving sister,

Yvonne

Hi Angie,

The goodness in your heart comes out in your posts and you are obviously the same with your siblings .

It is no wonder you are accepted so readily , beautiful people bring the best out in folk. You really are an

example to all your sisters Angie. Do us proud hun ,,,and be happy as you go about your life . viv :)

That's really awesome. I have no women in my life and though my mother is supportive of me,

I don't think it is going to extend to my full transition. She is in my life I guess...I am reclusive.

Your very lucky!

I've had to disown people in my family just to not hear their nasty comments!

(my brother and his wife, who love speculating about me)

Wish I had sisters, but I can't see where it would make a difference! :huh:

Family is family to me, and I don't really like them in general.

Hard to understand how people have all these relatives to talk to and turn to...

mine never have been that way...not a healthy dynamic at work here.

It seems you weren't previously accepted by your folks, so I'm happy they accept you.

Mine have improved greatly, too...but I don't live with them anymore.

Happy you can be yourself,

Katie

Guest Donna Jean

Angie...

Always uplifting! And smile making...

I don't have non-acceptance from my family mainly because I have no family...

Passed away or lost in time and space...no one out there for me, really....

So, I guess that tomorrow you can add another thing on your "Thankful For" list...

I love it so much, Ang....count your blessings, Girlfriend....

HUGGGGGGGGGS!

Donna Jean

I love it so much, Ang....count your blessings, Girlfriend....

HUGGGGGGGGGS!

Donna Jean

Oh I do,

Suffering through years and years of anger,rejection and isolation,to finally reach this point,

really makes me count my blessings.As I have said,it has been a long time coming and makes transition worth it,to have all these people still want me in their lives as who I truly am.

One Lucky Lady,

Angie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)

• Pip
    • Vidanjali
    • Ivy
    • Cortomaltese
    • April Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Tiffany Cross
    Newest Member
    Tiffany Cross

1. Alex Blitzen
      Alex Blitzen
    2. ARK
      ARK
      (37 years old)
    3. Beverley50
      Beverley50
      (58 years old)
    4. Em
      Em
    5. Jlandry1970
      Jlandry1970
    • Ladypcnj
      I can relate to looking in the mirror at a young age in life, whenever I explained to my parents, it resulted in a car ride to the hospital emergency room.
    • Mmindy
      Welcome to Transgender Pulse Forums @Nicola_Atherton   Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      Thank you, I find them on a FaceBook Coffee page I follow.
    • Justine76
    • Nicola_Atherton
      Hi all, a bit more about the story - I just realised the first message didn't tell you much! It's called 'Going Out', set in the UK, and it's by me, Nicola Atherton, if you search Amazon. Have a little read of the first two chapters which are there for free in the 'Look Inside' bit. It's a lovely long read, a gradual, detailed, emotional story which I’m sure some will find at times painfully raw, while at other times unbearably exciting. I wrote it for us lot :) It starts off as a gradual, realistic intro into Amy’s solitary world, before she accepts what she’s always known to be true. She makes friends with girls and meets men, and her story plays out in a way that others have said they enjoyed very much. I think you'll all love it :) PAPERACK copy.pdf
    • MaeBe
      Wow! Hopefully that encounter is amicable! I can only imagine what might be going through your mind right now!   I was a bit of a prude, I don't even need a whole hand of fingers to count my sexual partners on. Good old fear-based Catholic "sex ed" did its number on me.   I get nervous walking into men's rooms. I don't look the part for the either restroom these days, I guess. I did use the women's at the convention I volunteered at (the restrooms were temporarily made gender free though), it was nice having a stall to use without waiting.   The whole bathroom debate is so stupid. Genital-based restroom assignments aren't going to stop people intending abuse and there are laws for handling them already. It's the fear the laws strike and the conditions they creates is the problem, fomenting distrust and hate. Who cares who is in the stall next to you? Let them pee in peace!
    • Timi
      Good morning! Just finishing my delayed coffee after fasting for routine bloodwork.   Just had my annual physical and I came out to my Dr. He was so kind and said if/when I want to start HRT they have a couple endocrinologists who specialize in transition and he could give me a referral. So nice! Not quite ready to jump into that yet, but he was so understanding. Another small step in my social transition. I feel so happy! 😊
    • Ivy
      They seem to think that if they pretend we don't exist, we won't.
    • Carolyn Marie
      Not a quote, but a poem; "Invictus," by William Henley.  I had it hanging on the wall of my office for many years.   "I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."
    • MAN8791
      Your children are of you, but they are not you for the dwell in the house of tomorrow where you cannot go, not even in your dreams. ~~ Khalil Gibran
    • Timi
      What? Yay!! I step away for a few days and this happens! I’m so happy for you.    That’s going to be my birthday present to myself this July.   I. Can’t. Wait!!   -Timi
    • Davie
      And, I Spent more time today on unscrambling my health insurance mess AND it looks like after signing papers, I should be all enrolled again  Yay! Thanks for all your support! —Davie
    • Davie
      "Breaking news! Good news! The United States Supreme Court has declined to hear a case against Montgomery County Public Schools LGBTQ+ inclusive curriculum. Students CANNOT be shielded from learning about LGBTQ+ people that inhabit the world around them!" —Erin Reed
    • Lorelei
      I am ambidextrous. I learned to write righty in school so I usually write with my right hand but my handwriting is better if I use my left hand. I use a lefty mouse. I am physically stronger in my left side. 
    • MaeBe
      Easy, I have felt the same way, not quite to the point of wanting to quit but sitting there one dosing morning and thinking "what am I doing?". I am in a crazy place right now; family is moving across the country, I am being laid off for the first time in my career and have to find a new job, and I'm in the middle of this gender journey that seems like it makes everything harder than it could be. I'd always been a "man with boobs", even when I was in my 20s and really skinny I had breast tissue, and now I'm accepting of that and want more but in a different way--I don't want to be a man with boobs, I want something different. I am something different, but it's hard because of nearly a half-century of social programing. So I empathize with your struggle, very directly.   I haven't dressed "male" for nearly six months and I just volunteered at a conference with my femme nickname and she/her pronouns on my name lanyard. The whole experience was great, I didn't feel a minute of anxiety or worry. That stuff comes at home, when left to my thoughts. Which is more telling? The comfort being Mae in public or the doubts and worry in private?   When I look in the mirror and see this more feminine me, it calms down the doubts and worry, so I'm starting to allow myself to trust in the former.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.