• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Homemade Curves?

Guest Diana Prince

Guest Diana Prince

I am finding that I really need to stick to pleated skirts since my hips are so straight. However, I really like tight mini-skirts and tight pencil skirts. They just don't look right with my straight hips. Does anyone know of a cheap home-made solution to give you some hip curves? I know you can purchase some shapewear with some hip padding, but is that enough to give a man with very straight hips good curves? I don't dress up in public, but I do like to look good in the clothes I am wearing. So I am just looking for something that is going to give me a nice look.

Guest Donna Jean

Well, honey....

If you need to go inexpenseively you can always just stuff items into your pantyhose until you get some shape...of course that has to be done each and every time...

Or, if you can sew at all ...sew some padding into some under things to make them easier to use each time...

Commercial padded girdles are resonable and Kayleigh's idea about the corset is good, too...

Be creative ...experiment....go wild and see what you get!

Good luck, Honey!

Donna Jean

Guest ChloëC

Hi Diana,

From a purely physical standpoint, what you're trying to do is change the difference between your waist measurement and your hip measurement. That is, increase the hips in relation to the waist.

Thinking along those lines, you can either add on or take off...or both.

It's very difficult to add size to your hips without adding unwanted weight elsewhere (tho hormones may help). And for males as they age, it's very difficult to reduce your waist size without reducing other areas such as your hips even more.

So, the taking off is - workouts pointed toward your stomach - which are difficult - wearing a corset, or there are some alternatives, like body shapers, corselettes, longline girdles, waist cinchers, control top whatevers. I suppose there are more. Each depends on how much uncomfortableness you're willing to put up with. Or in combination!!!

The adding on, is for the most part, as suggested in the previous posts, padding, either temporary or semi permanent in the clothes you're wearing. I don't think trying to add weight is a good idea.

I have done at times a combination of both, varying it depending on how much time I want to spend on dressing, (and the amount of time I have available to be dressed!!!), and how good I think the clothes and pads have done in previous attempts. And I've discovered different combinations work differently with different outfits. Experiment, experiment, experiment. Just like cis-gendered women have done like forever.

Hugs,

Chloë

Guest Diana Prince

Thanks for the great information. A question about corsets. I am not yet ready (probably never will) be ready to go to a store to be fitted with a corset. As a man, what measurements should I look for when purchasing a woman's corset? Also can you put on a corset by yourself? Thinking the ties are in the back I am curious as to how one would do this.

I am willing to put up with discomfort, I actually kind of like it when it involves sexy clothing and I do find corsets extremely sexy.

Guest NatalieRene
Thanks for the great information. A question about corsets. I am not yet ready (probably never will) be ready to go to a store to be fitted with a corset. As a man, what measurements should I look for when purchasing a woman's corset? Also can you put on a corset by yourself? Thinking the ties are in the back I am curious as to how one would do this.

I am willing to put up with discomfort, I actually kind of like it when it involves sexy clothing and I do find corsets extremely sexy.

The two corsets I have are fully adjustable. Look for lace up corsets, that way you can custom fit it to you.

Guest ChloëC

Diana,

I once (or twice, or more lol) went looking for corsets on the internet, and I found a number of places that cater to tg people, and have corsets that aren't quite as difficult to put on as the ones in our memories from stories of about 100 years ago (the ones where the woman holds onto a post for dear life while someone else pulls as hard as possible on the laces, and then even harder).

I know I've seen advertised, ones that the seller claims can be adjusted by oneself. And I would guess, they have size charts available. I remember reading there's some defininte relationship between your current waist size and the smallest corset you should use to start out (like no more than 6" difference), and then for those that want to, they would get smaller ones as their insides slowly conform to the new constraints being put on them. Training, I think.

Chloë

First, you'd need to get a lace-up corset, which would shrink your waist. Second, you can custom create padding yourself. It you're crafty enough, get some foam and custom cut/taper them for the size of your buns. I would suggest also to extend them to the side of your hips, for a more natural hourglass look.

Good luck girl!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 84 Guests (See full list)

• Carolyn Marie
    • MaeBe
    • Betty K
    • LoRez
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Arushi
    Newest Member
    Arushi

1. avery78
      avery78
    2. blinkyrtx
      blinkyrtx
      (25 years old)
    3. Heather Shay
      Heather Shay
      (72 years old)
    4. hormonedifficientin2ways
      hormonedifficientin2ways
    5. IMTH
      IMTH
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.wisn.com/article/milwaukee-man-transgender-woman-murder-guilty-plea/60927766   Very good.  Now for a good, long sentence in prison.   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.yahoo.com/news/proposal-limit-transgender-youth-rights-224408735.html     Not too surprising in California, but scary that it still got 400,000 signatures.  Well, there are a lot of right leaning counties, for sure.   Carolyn Marie
    • Betty K
      Hi @Arushi, welcome to TransPulse and thanks for sharing. Your story sounds familiar to me in some ways: I used to go out dressed femme exclusively at night and received a lot of attention from guys. Back then I had no interest in them, mainly since their attention so often resembled sexual harassment. But that was 12 years ago and a lot has changed. Now I am exclusively into guys, and proudly trans.    You ask are you wrong to crossdress; I would say absolutely not. It sounds as if this urge comes from a place deep within you, and I doubt you could suppress it for long if you tried. You also describe no harms that have resulted from your crossdressing. But maybe the real question is how do you feel about it? Leaving aside the societal stigma that can surround crossdressing, do you feel there is anything wrong with your behaviour? And lastly, does your wife know? If not, then that may be a problem. But if so, then imo the problem is in not being open with your wife, not in crossdressing. Crossdressing is a morally neutral act.
    • Arushi
      I am opening up for the first time to someone other than myself. A bit about me; I am an Asian Indian male, 45 , married and dad, working professional from Portland. I have very mixed body features. I don’t have much hair on me and I wax so have a smooth body all over, light wheatish skin color, nicely done eyebrows and definitely size B manboobs, 6’2” tall and slightly curvy body, so I look like a tall woman when I am all dressed up. Growing Up; At a very young age , I got very intrigued with Wigs and Bra’s. I used to try on Bra’s starting age 14 and stuffed them up with socks. I used to roam wearing panties , and gown , usually taken off my dryers from my neighbors laundry. I remember this one weekend , I was all by myself and tried makeup for the first time and did my best , let’s just say it wasn’t bad for my first time. That was my best weekend being in woman clothing’s all day long around the house.  As I moved out of the house for college , I started freely and frequently cross dress, I bought my own silicone breasts , bra’s , panties  and dresses. I used to go to thrift stores and Ross, pick up the best in the lot, 44DD size and go into changing room and try them on with my Silicone boobs. I used to look for slightly worn panties , to make me feel I have been wearing them for ages. I got some cheap makeup, eyeliner, lipstick, foundation and the whole Shabang and 4-5 beautiful wigs. I had a closet full of items . Every Sunday, I would spend 3 hours dressing up , and sneaking out in public in my best woman attire, I used to get compliments all the time, many guys even approached me , I was flattered but never felt aroused for guys. Only when woman would stare , I would get a bulge .  Today: I still have a collection of cross dressing items and really good stuff from Sephora. I still cross dress and roam around in the streets of SF during my work travels (when I am off work) , you may run into me on one of my work trips. My wife and kids go on trips to visit my in laws for a month in summer, that’s when I am always dressed like a woman all around, with nail polish done too. I so feel in my element dressed as a woman. Sexual preference: I am into Woman, dominating woman that would control me, dress me up and take me on a girls night out. Make out with me in ladies room . Am I wrong in doing so? Should suppress my desires to cross dress? 
    • Betty K
      Here’s the Apple Podcasts link: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/tranzmission/id1676048463?i=1000657096844
    • Betty K
      Yesterday I appeared on Brisbane community radio station 4ZZZ discussing the Cass Review, the recent NHS-sponsored review of gender-affirming care for kids in the UK. This is a seismic event for trans kids and their families worldwide, or as I said yesterday, “a world-class piece of anti-trans propaganda”. I have researched this solidly for the past month and will have waaaay more to say on the topic, but for now I hope you’ll listen to this quick overview. The episode is available to stream as a podcast via Spotify and Apple Podcasts.   Trigger warnings: transphobic healthcare, sexualisation of children (touched on briefly, but it is upsetting).   My heart goes out to trans kids and their families in the UK and anywhere else these policies are being enacted.   https://open.spotify.com/episode/3LAHs3VZB8zuGWGt41rzaL?si=BRUHUvz3QmWr5cyCEYyB0Q&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A3Jay63nMJ67bBMI9M59tKe
    • AllieJ
      No, though I am generally happy with my life. Transitioning later in life has left me in a position where I don't pass, and it sometimes confuses people, which makes me sad. I am able to live quite normally due to a supportive community, but I neither chose nor wanted to be trans, so I do hold a level of conflict with it. Early in my transition, my psychologist told me I needed to come to terms with my new role (but she had no advice how to do this) or I wouldn't find peace, and I doubt I ever will. I have learned to live with this, and I am trying to make the most of my time, but true peace and happiness has eluded me.   Hugs,   Allie
    • Amy Powell
      I love the shadow work on this one
    • Amy Powell
      Stunning! That's awesome!
    • Amy Powell
      My wife and I love to cook together, so we have started to create a recipe book to collect all the great flavors we've cooked over the years. These are amongst my favorites.  
    • Thea
      This is some art I made out of a minneapolis protest photo
    • Amy Powell
      Thank You
    • Willow
      lol Now logarithmic is a word I haven’t heard since I was in High School in the mid 60s. @Mirrabooka.  We used to use logarithms to be able to do higher level math.  Of course this was before calculators,  we also used slide rules.  The first personal calculators that were capable of more than more than simple math cost hundreds of dollars.  And only came out in the mid 70s.   Today you carry a very capable computer in your pocket or even on your wrist.      
    • Thea
      These are all wicked cool!
    • Amy Powell
      Some of my drawings.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.