• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Finally

Guest Joanna Phipps

Guest Joanna Phipps

Ok, I know I kind of dropped off the map yesterday but I started having major computer issues. It all began when my MS Office shortcuts failed to work, then I lost access to office all together, then several otherthings went screwy. Suffice it to say that aft 14 hours of nearly constant work I am 98% to stable(well the computer is, whether or not I am is debatable).

What has all this got to do with transition?

Well in many ways my computer is my transition lifeline with out it I might not have made it this far since I wouldnt have the support of all of the lovely ladies and wonderful gentlemen here at Laura's. I pulled in my mail after getting the computer back, lo and behold there was an email from VCH (Vancouver Costal Health) the one remaining gender clinic in BC(from what I can find). I had written them several months ago with a bunch of questions about getting the BC MSP to pay for my GRS (who opened the alphabet soup). I thought it took 2 years of documented RLE to be eligible for surgery assessment and surgery, it is one year and I already have all the documentation I need to set things up. My carry letter from my current therapist has everything they need.

All I will need to do once I get up there is to get a gp, get my records from down here pulled up there and get the referal for assessment written. It might still be a year before I Dr. Brassard but hey atleast it will be in progress.

Doing Da Happy Dance

Wow, girl!

Slow down and stop that dance!

At our ages that is a good way to need a hip replacement before the GRS!

Now try to stay calm and breathe normally.

Congratulations but do be careful stepping down off of that table - dance a little more subdued and on the ground, OK?

You need to be in good health so take care of yourself.

Love ya,

Sally

Sweet Joanna,

That's so wonderful! I'm really happy for you. It's a dream coming true. You deserve all the happiness you can get, girlfriend, and there doesn't get much more happiness than THAT... :D

A big, long hug of congratulations,

Huuuuuuggggg,

Babygirl,

Yvonne

• Admin

Happy Dance? Girl, this calls for a Tango! Just don't dip so low you can't straighten up again. :blink:

That's great news, Joanna. One less year than you thought. Way cool. It will pass before you know it.

I am very happy for you.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Joanna Phipps

Carolyn, if I tried to tango it would be the last tango in Socorro. Not only do I have a hip issue but an old injury to my left knee makes that hurt. Giggles it would be fun though

Guest Donna Jean

Good news, Joanna!

That is going to make your schedule way better than before...

And you a lot happier!

And, yes, progress, as long as things are 'in the works!"...wonderful!

Oh, and hey.....

I've got two artificial hips that I could loan you long enough to get that dance in!....lol

Way to go, Hon!

Donna Jean