• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Success Story, I Guess.

Guest anika

Here's something positive.

My sister is from my dad's first marriage, and is a bit older than me, and because she lived out of state when I was growing up, we never got to be close. There was a period of several years when I was actively avoiding talking to anyone in my family, but eventually when I did talk to her on the phone, she told me she had gone back to college (in her 40s!) to study psychology, as she wanted to be a therapist specializing in helping transgender children. I'm really proud of her and I don't know if I ever told her that. I think I've been a bad sister.

• Admin

That's really cool, Anika. You didn't mention if you have come out to her. If not, perhaps this is the perfect opportunity. Either way, its never

too late to make amends and tell her how proud of her you are. Better late than never is a good motto.

Carolyn Marie

Oh yah, i did. I mean, I suppose I'm partly responsible for her decision, but I never really discussed it in depth. I imagine, that having a very inquisitive nature, like myself, she did research to understand. I should call her, though.

You should definitely call her.

And take the time to become a good sister, it seems like she is more than willing.

Love ya,

Sally

Hi Anika,

Why not make it a COMPLETE success and get in touch with your sister,

what a lovely moment for the two of you , go on hun, make her day. By the way

Anika, you are absolutely gorgeous , best of luck to you hun,,,, viv :) ps, will

put my pic on when Im a little more **presentable** :rolleyes:

Hi Anika,

Why not make it a COMPLETE success and get in touch with your sister,

what a lovely moment for the two of you , go on hun, make her day. By the way

Anika, you are absolutely gorgeous , best of luck to you hun,,,, viv :) ps, will

put my pic on when Im a little more **presentable** :rolleyes:

I did send her an email the other day, but sometimes it takes a while for her to respond. She's got a family and lots of obligations to keep her busy.

Oh, and thank you!