• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Closeted Transsexuals Who You Know

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Well I know a few closeted transsexuals. I have a close friend who is a closeted FTM. He tried to live as a guy for a short period of time but he stopped because he became the victim of a very brutal hate crime. I also dated two people who are closeted MTFs. Both of them are afraid to come out because of their parents. One of them has actually become ultra-homophobic and just threatened me xD. Of course, she is now dating my friend and that was in response to me telling her that if she dared treat my friend the way she treated me (like doo doo) I would out her. Yes, outing is wrong. But that person is a violent and volatile person and I don't want my friend getting hurt like I did so I'm not above threatening her to make sure she doesn't hit or use my friend.

• Admin

I understand your feelings about protecting your friend, who is dating someone who treated you

very badly. But I've found that such threats don't mean much to someone with violent tendencies.

If she doesn't care about the legal consequences of her actions, she isn't likely to care about your

threats either. It could make matters worse, and actually put your friend more at risk, not to

mention you.

Be careful, OK? When you deal with someone with unpredictable behavior, you never know what

they might do.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

Hon....

Carolyn is right....

Someone who isn't afraid of the consequences really don't care what they do...

Please be careful......OK?

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Miss Aeryn
But that person is a violent and volatile person and I don't want my friend getting hurt like I did so I'm not above threatening her to make sure she doesn't hit or use my friend.

I agree with all the comments thus far. That will have no effect whatsover and only blowback in your face if you do so.

Aeryn

• 3 weeks later...

Praised -

I think the best thing you can do for your friend is simply to let her know that this girl is bad news. Your friend probably won't believe you straight away, because they're interested in this girl, but hopefully it will make it easier to pick up on some of the warning signs later on.

But more on topic, I don't have the good fortune to know any trans people in real life. I have briefly met a very cute MTF girl on campus, but I doubt that she knows my name. She's been a big inspiration to me and a big part of me accepting myself for who I am. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Nicodeme

*cough*

To bring this back on topic, if you don't mind...:P

When I was explaining the difference between sex and gender to my friend Tif, he (Yes. He. He doesn't have an alternate name for me to use, so...) mentioned his situation. But other than him, I can't really come up with any others. Once I come into the money, I'm going to buy a binder to send his way. He's older than me and since he's a much more intense case than I am, I feel like that's the very least I can do. :/

Actually, this kind of reminds me of my dad. I have an interesting childhood to say the least. From what I'm told, when my parents knew that I was going to be born male, my dad was anxious because he is rather effeminate and was afraid he wouldn't be able relate to a "typical jock macho son". Careful what you wish for HA! Anyways, he is totally uninterested in sports, competition, etc., he likes reading history and watching sappy movies, enjoys fine dining, and is very fashion aware - he likes to wear skinny jeans, scarves, hats, and delicately patterned, fitted shirts. Growing up, his aunt was convinced he was gay. Because of a lack of stereotype enforcement, when I was little, I pretty much got to play with what I wanted. One of my early playthings was a toy kitchen, and I also had tons of stuffed animals and Beanie Babies, a Cabbage Patch doll, an Easy Bake oven, and bead kits. Even the action figures I had were always the female characters. Also like my dad, I was a bookworm and I read a lot, eventually shifting to the computer. Much later on, when I comprehended my gender identity and my dad found out, his main argument was that it was okay to be a feminine guy but that a female identity was wrong! We always talk in circles forever, basically a constructionist vs. essentialist type argument regarding gender, but I always end it by expressing my physical discomfort and need for a female body. From what I know of my dad's life, he has a lot of experiences similar to mine, and I can't help but wonder if the arguments he uses against me -- that it's okay to be feminine male or that people in the world will always "see through" if you transition -- were arguments he used against himself once upon a time. Or maybe I'm just looking too much into it? I've always had this thought in the back of my mind, but this is the first time actually articulating it.