• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How To Make Friends?

Guest Jeanett

Guest Charlene_Leona

Jeanett

It really helps to be supportive and friendly on your end as well, if you know an answer to someone's question answer it. It really is not hard to make friends here. If you give of yourself you will return from others the same here. It's really simple.

Love

Charlene Leona

Hello Jeanett,

I would like to offer you some cookies and cocoa along with some motherly advice, you must like yourself before others can like you.

OK, what does that mean to you, well we have spent so much time hiding who we are from everyone that it is difficult to relate to others - how do we do it, from which of us do we offer friendship and that continues after you begin to transition until you become so pleased with who you really are that you just know hoe to approach them.

The other obvious thing is that to have a friend you must first be a friend - offer your friendship and see what happens - it doesn't cost anything and almost no effort but the rewards can be great.

Relax, be yourself and you will make friends.

Love ya,

Sally

• 2 weeks later...
Guest van-na

Hi Jeanett,

<<hug>>

Being friends is about sharing our lives with others.

There are some aspects of our lives that require that we spend a lot of time together or a lot of writing to help convey our feelings.

Other times sharing only a few words are more than adequate.

It is not always the long conversation that conveys the deepest feelings.

Sometimes, longer modes of expression may seem redundant and lacking in profundity.

Putting just the right combination of words on paper in a succinct style may just hit the spot.

Give of yourself, and others will give to you.

I'd be happy to be your friend

:wub: vanna

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, Honey!

Bottom line here to make friends is........

To join in!

Participate.....

Post.......

PM.........

And share cookies!

Love

Donna Jean

DANG!

I thought this was a how to thread and I wanted to find out how to make friends - because nobody here likes me! :lol:

Are you getting the idea Jeanett?

It is easy to make friends here and you know what - once you are armed with self esteem, self confidence and an whole lot of friends here it is easy to make them out in the 3D world as well.

You are doing just fine and things will only get better.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest van-na
DANG!

I thought this was a how to thread and I wanted to find out how to make friends - because nobody here likes me! :lol:

Love ya,

Sally

I won't say I like you sally :P

But I will say that I do love you :lol:

Guest van-na
And share cookies!

Love

Donna Jean

Hey Donna Jean :excl:

<<hug>>

I think your taking this friendship thing a little too farrrrrrrrrr :unsure:

Now you want my "cookies" :rolleyes:

Your in luck though, cause I'm on a diet :D

So to you, I give my cookies for the next two weeks :lol:

:blink: errrrrrr :blush: well maybe just the next week :P

I do love you ,

Guest Chandra

Hello Jeanett,

Friendship is kind of a hard thing to plan for, it kind of just happens if the ingredients are there. I have only been at Laura's a very short time and have noticed that, we all try to help, care,are very polite, respect and try to support each other. Is this not friendship. We indeed are a very sensitive lot here, and share much in common, so I think you have already found friendship.

Just be yourself, get involved and it will happen.

I would be honored to be your friend.

Best Wishes, Dear Jeanett Love Chandra

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)

• Susie
    • KathyLauren
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Timi
    • Mikayla2024
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Mikayla2024
    Newest Member
    Mikayla2024

1. DaveMK
      DaveMK
    2. Heidi45
      Heidi45
      (46 years old)
    3. Jordy
      Jordy
      (42 years old)
    4. stella
      stella
      (61 years old)
    • KathyLauren
      Hi, Kayla.   Another Bluenoser!  (Actually, I'm not a real one.  I am a CFA.)    I can't answer your question about the effects of spiro alone.  I started on spiro and estrogen at the same time.  I expect that spiro alone might relieve some dysphoria symptoms, but would not start any physical changes.  But that is just a guess.  The big thing with spiro is to drink enough water, since it is a powerful diuretic.   I started out getting my transition care from the Halifax Sexual Health Centre, but once my hormone regime was stable, I asked my GP if she would be comfortable taking over my prescription.  She was, so I no longer have to do the long commute into the city.   Regards, Kathy
    • MirandaB
      I can't answer your question since my doc's plan didn't start that way, but I do love to quote what she said to me when we began HRT when I see a post like this, "Let's get this party started!"
    • Betty K
      Thanks for listening Vidanjali. And don’t worry, I am now planning two weeks off before I try to write a more in-depth response. I am well aware of how much Cass has been hurting me. 
    • Mikayla2024
      Thank you, Mindy! Such a warm welcome!! I’m excited and honoured to be here !! 😊
    • Ivy
      I don't need that "new math."  My brain does it on its own.
    • Willow
      You know the advantages we had using long division and multiplication, slide rules and log table?  We can look at a result and know right away if something is wrong with it. Kids that have grown up using calculators can hit keystrokes on their calculator but they have no clue that the answer is wrong when there is a factor of ten that they messed up.  Also we learned our basic math tables inside out and upside down. They use this new math that mixes everything up.  
    • Mmindy
      Good afternoon Kayla,   Welcome to Transgender Pulse Forum, I hope you find this place as helpful and fun as I do. There are so many people from all walks of life, and locations in the World. Look around and join in on any threads you find interesting.   Best wishes, stay positive and motivated,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mikayla2024
      Hi All,   So today, I finally met with my Nurse Practitioner in her office to officially go over HRT for me. A little bit of background about gender affirming care in my province I live in - Doctors and NP’s now have the authority to perform gender affirming care as per a new directive recently. I only know because 6 weeks ago when I met with her and telling her about who I truly am, she said that before our appointment she was in a province wide zoom meeting with the sexual health centre in Halifax about gender affirming care and them explaining to all the PCP’s that if they can handle gender affirming care in the community as it would help save resources to focus on the more sensitive clientele such as children and teens.   At the end, I had to sign a document ensuring I understood everything. I grabbed the document so fast and signed away !!   So, she prescribed XXmg of spiro daily in the morning (Anti-Androgen) to start for 4 weeks and then seeing how I respond to that, she’s going to then start me on Estrogen pills. I already have a follow up appointment booked at the end of June.   I trust my NP wholeheartedly, kinda disappointed that I didn’t get the E, but I totally understand why. I’m a little nervous with the side effects however of Spiro, but regardless of side effects I’m going ahead with the plan and trusting in process and becoming who I’m truly supposed to be.   Question though as I’m curious - I know it’s a low dose of spiro but even then what sort of changes can I see from just the spiro alone without the e for those first 4 weeks?    thanks everyone!!   Kayla
    • April Marie
      Very cute!!!
    • Mmindy
      Yes I do... Creating/Building handcrafted gifts for family and friends using wood or metal. Camping and all the things you think could go with that, hiking, fishing, hunting, bird watching, meeting new people, and music festivals. Bluegrass, Folk, Americana. Seeing new parts of the world, and historical locations. Star gazing.   My father use to say he didn't trust anyone that didn't have at least to vises. I'm not so worried about your vises, however I don't think anyone should have less than two hobbies.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      Congratulations @LoreleiI hope it works out for you.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • KathyLauren
      We were not allowed to use calculators in high school.  Even if we could afford one, $80 (in 1970 dollars!) would only get you a four-function calculator, so it would have been pointless anyway.  Everything was slide rules and longhand.  Being a math nerd, that was no hardship for me.   When my brothers and I were cleaning out my father's house after he passed, I found a couple of slide rules in his wife's desk.  I appropriated them and still have them, my own having been foolishly tossed years ago.  
    • Carolyn Marie
      That is lovely, Charlize.  Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, and congrats on your "anniversary."  It's always been the little things that make me happiest about being a woman outwardly, and I'm glad that it's the same for you.  Getting older can sometimes be unpleasant and difficult, but we who transitioned later in life can appreciate the changes transition has brought us, as much as, or perhaps more than, someone who transitioned young.    HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Mmindy
      Hugs @MaeBeIt's normal to loose sleep after losing a job. Then you compound that with your anticipated move across the country and transitioning. I'm surprised you're getting any sleep. I'm also sure your wife does since any anxiety you're experiencing. I don't know if you're using online counseling or not, but it might be a good idea to keep in touch with your therapist via video until you locate a local therapist in your new community once you've moved.    It's okay to feel lost or detached while you're in the moving/job hunting process.   I'm excited for you and your new opportunities.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Carolyn Marie
      I would like to mention that I participated in this study today and completed a one hour interview with Mr. Davenport.  He had a lot of really excellent questions and was very nice.  I think he learned a lot from me, and I enjoyed talking with him.   Carolyn Marie
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.