• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Acceptance, Finally

Guest Joanna Phipps

Guest Joanna Phipps

I have completed my round of writing to others in my family explaining past events and explaining what is going on with me and what the future holds. Many of you have hear me refference my daughter who would not accept my transition and who seemed to want to misgender me for the rest of my life.

She was the last one I emailed simply because her's was the hardest one to write. I laid out my story for her and told her kind but firm tones that there was a day coming where I would not answer to my old name and gender simply because it isnt who I am. I got a phone call from her the other day and she told me that she would do her best to get the name, pronoun and gender right. I told her that her best was indeed all I could ask for and would be happy if she could do it.

My partner and I were down at the Bosque on yet another photo shoot Saturday, our daughter called my partner's cell and from what my partner said got the name an pronoun right every time.

This is much more than I could ever have hoped for several months ago.

Finally acceptance by the one hold out

Guest Donna Jean

Good.

The toughest nut to crack, but, it's finally happened.

Good news indeed. I have to guess, that depending on the size of the extended family, there will always be a holdout. One that just won't swing your way....

But, if she was using the name and pronouns on the phone to your partner, it shows that she has agreed to try...what more could one ask for?

Good on you!

Donna Jean

Joanna sweety,

Congrats on winningover your daughter looks like all it took was time and being firm, i do not hold out much hope for my stepbrother, but i keep trying, and that is all i can do.

Paula

• Admin

That's excellent news, Joanna. I'm very happy for you. Now you have everyone on your side of the fence.

Acceptance is the most many of us can hope for, but hopefully love and understanding will come with it.

I wish you the best.

Carolyn Marie

Well JoJo,

You thought that they would never accept you and they are proving you wrong.

I bet you were never happier to be wrong about anything.

I was wrong the other direction with my family so it was not so sweet.

Congratulations, JoJo!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest sarah f

Congrats on your daughter finally coming around and seeing you for who you are. I am so happy for you. I am sure it just makes your day and you feel all warm and tingly inside. I hope everything continues to get better with your daughter.

Love,

Sarah F