• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Xxi Winter Olympic Games In Vancouver 2010

Guest Mila

At the time of this post, there are 26 days left before 21st Winter Olympic Games! The games will be held in Vancouver 12-28 February 2010!

Is anyone else excited about it? :) Or maybe someone has tickets, and going to watch some events live?...

Who will win it all? Will Germany be on top again, or maybe USA will have more gold than anyone? What about those Russians and Austrians? :)

Guest Joanna Phipps

One thing of interest to the LGBT community, this is the first games where LGBT athletes have their own accomodations so that they can be themselves when not competing

• Forum Moderator
One thing of interest to the LGBT community, this is the first games where LGBT athletes have their own accomodations so that they can be themselves when not competing

That is great news. I hadn't heard that before. Now, does this encompass all of the countries- I surmise that it would.

Mike

• Forum Moderator
At the time of this post, there are 26 days left before 21st Winter Olympic Games! The games will be held in Vancouver 12-28 February 2010!

Is anyone else excited about it? :) Or maybe someone has tickets, and going to watch some events live?...

Who will win it all? Will Germany be on top again, or maybe USA will have more gold than anyone? What about those Russians and Austrians? :)

I know and we can barely wait for them to begin. We watch3ed the US mens figure skating championshio tonight.

Mike

Guest Amanda joan

I love the snow.

I really love watching the snowboarders do their stunts in the air.

I also love the Giant Slalom.

It should be allot of fun to watch. There are so many good stories to read during the Olypics.

Peace & Love Amanda

I know and we can barely wait for them to begin. We watch3ed the US mens figure skating championshio tonight.

Mike

All the turns they are doing are just unbelievable! Whenever I try to attempt anything like that but much simpler, I still end up on the ice... and it hurts... :huh:

I love the snow.

I really love watching the snowboarders do their stunts in the air.

I also love the Giant Slalom.

It should be allot of fun to watch. There are so many good stories to read during the Olypics.

Peace & Love Amanda

Same goes here... These athletes are crazy... I don't think I will even be able ride a half-pipe let alone do backflips and such... :rolleyes:

Guest Joanna Phipps
That is great news. I hadn't heard that before. Now, does this encompass all of the countries- I surmise that it would.

Mike

As far as I know it is open to any country who will allow their LGBT athetes to ID as such

Guest Donna Jean

I have a question for anyone that knows....

Are there any Trans athletes competing there this year...?

I have no idea if and how they are allowed.

Enlighten me....

Donna Jean

• Forum Moderator
I have a question for anyone that knows....

Are there any Trans athletes competing there this year...?

I have no idea if and how they are allowed.

Enlighten me....

Donna Jean

I don't know. It could get kinda sticky because of hormone treatment and steriod levels. But, it certainly an interesting question.

Hey, we don't we have the Trans Olympics?

Mike

I might be wrong, but the closest thing to Trans Olympics is "Gay Games" which is the world's largest sporting and cultural event organized by and specifically for LGBT athletes, artists, musicians, and others (Wikipedia). It was originally called Gay Olympics, but were forced to change the name to Gay Games due to some legal issues.

Here is a link for wiki information about Gay Games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Games

Guest Chandra

My wife and I love the games, we are glued to the tv for 2 weeks.

The pomp and ceremony are awesome of the opening and closing days. It fallows strict guidelines set down by the IOC.

The world seems more united during the games. All countries no matter how big or small compete on a level playing field.

To bad this spirit could not continue on in all aspects of international dealings.

During ancient times athletes could travel with impunity through all countries, because all wars would stop during the games.

Wow and we think we are so smart now, we sure could have learned a few things from the ancients

See Ya Love Chandra