• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Do You Want The Obama Health Care Plan

Guest Sarah Michelle

Guest Donna Jean
A couple that are living with us are unemployed and have no health insurance, if they are fined where does the government think they are going to get the money for the fine, you can not get blood from a turnip, there are many more like them.

Paula

I agree, Paula.....

If I have no money to pay for health care coverage, how in heck am I going to pay a "fine" for not having it?

What a wicked mess....

Idiotic!

This whole thing started out to be a pretty good idea in my opinion....

And then the arguing started and it got ripped, shredded, and changed every wihch way but loose...

And now it's now its no better than what we had and in some ways worse.....

Dang them, anyway!!!!!

Donna Jean

Guest CharlieRose

Yeah, as has been pointed out before, what "Obama Care" is exactly right now is hard to say, and it's definitely hard to say what it will be in the future. I know they are trying to reform some greedy practices, like making it harder to drop people for stupid reasons like pre-existing conditions, but that's all I think anyone agrees on now, and for some reason the democrats think everything has to be unanimous to get passed. :rolleyes:

And I-is-Sam, super good point. The US does NOT have the best healthcare system in the world, not by a long shot. Sure, you can get emergency care, but that's not the only form of heathcare, in fact, it's the most expensive kind! I'd say that places like Scandanavia have the best healthcare systems. It actually costs their government a lot less to provide it than it does for us to pay for it ourselves, and one of the reasons for that I think is because they provide *preventative* care. It costs a lot less money to get your annual check-up, find the beginnings of... say, a cholesterol problem and stop it in it's tracks with diet and medication than to never go to the doctor, wait and wait until that cholesterol problem gives you a heart attack, and then have to pay for *that* to be treated. There are lots of things like that that make me just scratch my head, wondering how we got so messed up in the first place.

I don't know if I believe in a public option right now, especially not with the pushover Dems we have in Congress right now, but I certainly believe we need to change things about our system.

Guest praisedbeherhooves

I hate it now. It has been republicanized and that's horrible. We need to completely rework the whole system, not just tweak it here and there. Of course, the American people aren't ready for true reform so we will have to simply tweak it here and there until this country wises up. We should have gotten rid of pre-existing conditions and kept the public option but the pushover Dems compromised. >.< I'm not sure what the right health care system would be, but the one we have now is not right.

• 1 month later...
Guest Katrina Reann

I know something needs to be done with the health care program in this nation but I don't think the proposed plan is the answer. It still needs a lot of work and both sides are going to have to make some compromises and do what is best for the American people and close some of the wide open loopholes for lower income people and medicaid and medicare people. Because obviously those too coverages are failing fast. I think at this point a good place to start is by regulating the whole medical field because costs are simply outrageous. But that may only be a short term plan to keep things alive. Until those in Washington stop playing politics, stop trying to control everything in our lives and start working for the people that elected them nothing will ever change. Placing blame on the other party is helping anything in my opinion and spending money out of style when we don't have it is simply reckless. The fact that we are so far in debt with China frankly scares the crap out of me. And in my opinion it is not just our health care programs that are in danger in America. And if taxes keep getting raised on everything the people of this great will get tired of it soooner or later. And I personally think it may be sooner rather than later.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 174 Guests (See full list)

• Pip
    • KathyLauren
    • Ashley0616
    • atlantis63
    • Heather Shay