• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bought An Epilator

Guest Sarah Michelle

Guest sarah f

Well I broke down and bought an epilator yesterday. :D When I went to use it this morning, I found out you have to leave it on charge for 14 hours before use. :( I was all ready to try it and then it bursted my bubble. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow now.

Bummed,

Sarah F

Guest Donna Jean

*whew*

Then I don't have to hear the screams piercing the morning air all the way from your place to Ohio....

Well, good on you, anyway....we wanna know all about how it works...and how it FEELS!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest i is Sam :-)

trim the hair really short first! it's wants to be like 1mm long. it tends to take longer cos it picks less up at once but it's quite a lot less painful

Sara,

Please read what Sam had to say - it is very important - the hairs that Lizzy went after on me were almost two inches long and that little bugger got at least twenty at a time - covering almost 4 square inches of suddenly tender and throbbing flesh!

The shorter the better!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

Like my therapist says - transitioning isn't for sissys!

Does that include epilators?

Yes - trim the hair - I use about 1/8 to 1/4 inch

DO NOT do your face!

Caution on under the arms (worst of all the pain)

Keep it clean! Also understand it DOES tend to spread the bacteria on your body! So proceed knowing that.

Keep it brushed clean - it works better - NO soap

They wear out fast if you overheat them by using them to much all at once - let them cool as you go

AND the results - FANTASTIC! Especially after the HRT kick in!

Hope this helps

Lizzy - epilator queen of the universe!

Guest i is Sam :-)

and when you're done wash the area with some sort of oil free anti spot stuff, I use clean n clear. then rinse the are with cold water. let it dry and wipe over it with toner. that should stop you getting a billion spots.

Guest sarah f

You are too funny Dee Jay. :lol: Maybe it hurt more because of the length of your hair Lizzy got you on. Got to try anyway and besides I hate stubble.

Love,

Sarah F

Im already in enough pain cos the world is not

at peace so Im gonna pass on the epilator .

Actually, it does sound like a weapon from an

episode of Star Trek,,,,,""Worf,,,,,yes captain ?

turn on the epilator,,,,yes captain "",,,,,,,viv :)

Guest sarah f

Well I finally got to try it out this weekend. Let me tell you that all of the horror storie that I have heard about them ended up not being like I was expecting. I did not think it was bad at all. It is no different than tweezing the hair yourself. It is just more hairs at one time. I can't tell you how good it feels to have the smooth skin and no stubble. I just hope it stays that way for at least a couple of weeks before I have to do it again.

Sally you need to try one with trimmed hair and not long chest hairs. It really is not that bad.

Love,

Sarah F

Sally you need to try one with trimmed hair and not long chest hairs. It really is not that bad.

Sarah,

I thought you were my friend but then I thought Lizzy was my friend before she attacked me with one of those things - how can I trust you now?

You actually want me to use one of those again after my horrible experience at the hands of that sadist Lizzy?

Well I might consider it one day - but I am not going to buy one to try it!

Love ya,

Sally

I use an epilator :) . First time was great results, second time, less painfull and about the same, except I got some weird scabs. Third time I bled <_< . How ever, since then it has got a lot better. The only problem I get is ingrown hairs, but I guess I don't do any thing special to my legs to stop them yet. I do it once a week (step mother's are evil), but I think I really need to do it twice a week.

Guest Elizabeth K
Well I finally got to try it out this weekend. Let me tell you that all of the horror storie that I have heard about them ended up not being like I was expecting. I did not think it was bad at all. It is no different than tweezing the hair yourself. It is just more hairs at one time. I can't tell you how good it feels to have the smooth skin and no stubble. I just hope it stays that way for at least a couple of weeks before I have to do it again.

Love,

Sarah F

see

SEE

SEE!

After HRT kicks in - works soooo smoothly!

I don't have tha charger model - I do have one that works on 12 volt - so I dooo use it in the car sometimes (limited area of course)

AND you can order new 'heads' for that brand - cheaper than the whole unit! Go to the manufactures site.

And I get a months worth between use - on the legs now!

Lizzy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)

• Carolyn Marie
    • Susie
    • KathyLauren
    • VickySGV
    • awkward-yet-sweet
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

katheryn
    Newest Member
    katheryn

1. Froggiesprog
      Froggiesprog
      (20 years old)
    2. Kara Zor-El
      Kara Zor-El
      (41 years old)
    3. LaurenMichelle
      LaurenMichelle
    4. Liana
      Liana
      (53 years old)
    5. Murph90
      Murph90
      (34 years old)
    • VickySGV
      @KathyLauren This is how the jurors broke down the award:     Being labeled as a molester and sexual pervert can and has done that much actual damage in terms of repair of the damage through a wide variety of means including legal fees and loss of livelihood in any job or profession.  As this said the idea of "reckless disregard for the truth" means that the performer was able to show a level of damage that will affect him now and in the future.  The $900K+ figure was a matter of real evidence of the damage. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Well, it has been an interesting morning.  I stayed home from service to take care of a partner.  She's the youngest of us, and I'm usually not her first choice for affection.  But this morning she curled up in my lap right before breakfast, and told me she was feeling ill.  And then threw up on me about 30 seconds later....   I guess the smell of the food is what did it, poor thing.  On a hunch, she took a pregnancy test and.... yep.    She's been married to our husband for 10 years, and this will be her 6th, so I'm happy for her.  We took a shower and she got back in our nest to sleep some more, which is probably the best medicine of all.  Maybe she'll feel better this afternoon. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Article said $250,000 of it was "punitive."  To me, seems like the whole thing was punitive...which I don't think is appropriate at all. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Biden himself is driving that "divisive wedge."  Could have done without the anti-gun garbage in his statement....it makes it seem like all LGBTQ+ folks agree with their agenda.  Which simply isn't true, and makes life difficult (and unsafe) for those of us who prefer to live in rural (and non-Democrat) areas.  Pride month would be happier for many (and more socially accepted) if it could somehow be separated from ancillary political issues. 
    • KathyLauren
      I haven't seen the ruling, but it is unlikely that the entire amount was for actual damages.  The majority was likely punitive, as it should be.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Unless somehow this caused a million dollars worth of damage to somebody's livelihood or life, the amount of this judgement seems excessive.  Not something I would call "uplifting" or anything to be pleased about. 
    • Davie
      Thanks so much, @Ivy Good to hear good sense about this. —Davie
    • VickySGV
      You do have what are called Receptor Cells in your body, that take the T or E and actually put them to work structuring your body.  I learned about this from a genetics study being done through the University Of California that I took part in through a Transgender Conference I attended.  Turned out  that my actual T receptor cells had some extra bits of protein in their make-up that they knew inhibited certain (unknown specifically) functions of the hormones.  My Endocrinologist even commented that he was not as concerned about what my blood levels were because the level in my blood stream was not doing anything, it was what the receptor cells did with it that mattered.    That said though, to me it seems like your T actually has done a pretty good job on you from what you say.  Just like my direction of MtF, males come in so many different editions, shapes, and sizes that to me you would fit in there just fine, maybe not in your personal ideal of masculinity, but you seem to fit in the box pretty well from what you are saying.  I  would get back with your Gender Therapist for a bit to get help on self acceptance of where you are.
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,    It’s another rainy cool morning here in central Indiana so in spite of getting up at 06:30 to quickly get Parker outside to do his business, then scoop him up some kibble and fill his water bowl. We’ve been cat napping with the Smithsonian Channel streaming Arial America.    Well said @Willow about being Trans Enough.    Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🐛🦋    
    • Charlize
      Thanks you for posting.  Is Eli your chosen name?  I'm not surprised that you have heard the complaints of MTF folks and their struggles.  We all see our own struggles as being the worst.  That being said i've known quite few trans men who have gone through a great struggle.  While our social difficulties are real i have found finding peace with myself has been every bit as hard if not harder in the long run.  That has little or nothing to do with passing.       I definitely am privileged as an educated white person in an accepting area.  I have to accept that as well.       As to HRT, the time will come if that is the path you change.  Facial hair, as well as body hair, a deep voice and slight but powerful physical changes will eventually allow you to pass.  As i waited to start hormones i found it was a time when i could start the long path towards self acceptance.  I will never be a cis woman and finding peace with that can still be a challenge for any trans person.   Hugs,   Charlize  
    • Heather Shay
      Surprise of the day - syncronicity - nice find of a band I'd never heard of ...    
    • April Marie
      Feeling happy, blessed and content today.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Are you able to live in the moment or does your inner demon generally control you?
    • Heather Shay
      Still have anxious moments meeting some.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.