• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Anti-aging And Hydration/moisturizing Skin Products. Reccomendations?

Guest Joy

Just quickly, according to my personal trainer i'm dehydrated (50% water instead of the 70% I should be by body mass)

and well. I'm vain enough to want to recapture as many minutes of youth for my girl self as I can grab for her. I'm middle aged and just starting my journey. When I do put on my girl face the technique I learn involves a veritable parge coat of foundation. which I'm sure can't be good.

so...

advice? I'm drinking lots of water and have discovered the sybaritic joy of a bubble bath I have hand creams on hand but they're mostly for nurses who wash their hands all the time and have names like "Oil Driller's Hand Lotion: Very Heavy Duty"

Can anyone reccomend, moisturizers? anti-aging creams/treatments, bath products. good soaps to use/avoid. even replacement brands of foundation. (I currently use typical compact with the mirror and the circular disk of flesh coloured powder/cake)

Guest Natalie Foster

You won't get much aside from cosmetic surgery. However, I have seen a few dermatologist recommend skin genesis for over the counter products. I use it.

Skin Genesis

Instead of "covering up" fine lines or using a "firming lotion" it helps the skin tighten naturally and over the course of a few months, you will notice slight changes. You simply cannot expect dramatic changes aside from laser or cosmetic surgery.

Hello Joy,

A good clean diet and yes 8 glasses of water a day to keep hydrated .

Also ,,a good moisturizer with spf 20 every day . A good habit to get into is

last thing at night,,,,,Cleanse,,Tone ,,Moisturize . Dont ""rub"" under your eyes ,

DAB with your cotton ball. luv,viv :)

Guest Elizabeth K

Easy - ask a woman with beautiful skin!

My wife is 55 looks 20 - her skin is fantastic! Genetics play a part of course - but she gave me a product: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I have used it for a year every night. With the HRT and this moisturizer - wow! She said the secret is to avoid alcohol. I use a different moisturizer on my hands, a third type for the body - shea oil based are my favorite!

This Clinique product is one in a three part recommended reginine - I just use it by itself! LOVE IT!

Lizzy

Guest JD_Divine

Heres a tip on moisturizing. Something I learned from my ex fiancee's mom.

After showering, wet a washcloth with olive oil and smooth that on your skin. Not too much, to the point where all you gotta add is bread and parasean cheese, but just enough that can soak into the skin. It helps.

Also for the especially rough areas, use either Aquaphor or Eucerin. Its unscented and undyed lotion that really works wonders, especially if there is either psoriasis or eczema "sand paper" like spots. I use it on my arms for eczema and it clears it up and keeps it nice and smooth.

~JD

Guest Natalie Foster
Never heard of Skin Genesis ,is it expensive??

viv :)

No, not really. The facial wash is about 5-6 dollars. The facial lotion is about 20 bucks. If you have puffy eyes, the eye cream works well, but you dont get much for 20 bucks.

Thanks for all the replies they were very helpful. I see from scanning the other threads that there are similar questions out there and they too had additional tips.

I almost regret adding 'anti aging cream' becuase it distracted I think from my main point. just from discovering the joys of bubble bath and drinking more water I've found my skin to be softer and well prettier in under a week.

I was wondering if there were any products specifically to avoid, (like the cheap bar soap I always used to use) or if there was any product you found particularly wonderful. I've got a pharmacy loyalty points card burning a hole in my pocket.

Oh and also.

I really really wonder if this circular powder cake foundation that apparantly I have to apply with a trowel (actually my fingertips) the way I just learned to do makeup is really good for my skin and if there were other newer better products out there. or if I even really need so much foundation? I need -some- and -very- clean shave for now. (Depiliation is a whole 'nother topic.. hmm.)

Hello Joy,

A good clean diet and yes 8 glasses of water a day to keep hydrated .

Also ,,a good moisturizer with spf 20 every day . A good habit to get into is

last thing at night,,,,,Cleanse,,Tone ,,Moisturize . Dont ""rub"" under your eyes ,

DAB with your cotton ball. luv,viv :)

Cleanse - with soap and water? or is there a better 'deep cleaning' cleanser. the products on the shelves are endless.

Tone - I don't know what that means.

Moisturize - I get. Spf 20 I get. what brands constitute 'good' in your mind. or better yet what features/ingredients should I be looking for on the label to help me decide if something is good or not?

Hello hun,

Probably best to forget soap and water as water can be hard depending on

your supplier and soap usually has chemicals which will dry out your skin . I know

there are soaps which are kind to your skin but I was advised to use baby wipes to

wash my face,,recently told they are good re makeup removal -they are . Look for

a moisturizor with a sunscreen incorporated . Re skincare Oil of Olay is good . I

am just now getting to grips with my makeup and am learning skincare is so very

important . Toner conditions and tightens the skin and can be good with fine lines

and blemishes , Proof Positive is a good brand and is US made hun, luv,viv :)

Aha.. so TONER was what I was thinking of when I was talking 'anti-aging cream' got it.

so.

cleanse with whipes.

tone - with a toner. such as Oil of Olay

moisturize - with a moisturizer such as the Clinique mentioned above. Got it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 85 Guests (See full list)

• Lorelei
    • Susie
    • KymmieL
    • Nicola_Atherton
    • Avra
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

SimplyMadeloeine
    Newest Member
    SimplyMadeloeine

1. austin_4
      austin_4
      (17 years old)
    2. Britany_Relia
      Britany_Relia
      (39 years old)
    3. Emily S
      Emily S
      (67 years old)
    4. Hoof Arted
      Hoof Arted
      (22 years old)
    5. n3eeko
      n3eeko
    • MaeBe
      Wow! Hopefully that encounter is amicable! I can only imagine what might be going through your mind right now!   I was a bit of a prude, I don't even need a whole hand of fingers to count my sexual partners on. Good old fear-based Catholic "sex ed" did its number on me.   I get nervous walking into men's rooms. I don't look the part for the either restroom these days, I guess. I did use the women's at the convention I volunteered at (the restrooms were temporarily made gender free though), it was nice having a stall to use without waiting.   The whole bathroom debate is so stupid. Genital-based restroom assignments aren't going to stop people intending abuse and there are laws for handling them already. It's the fear the laws strike and the conditions they creates is the problem, fomenting distrust and hate. Who cares who is in the stall next to you? Let them pee in peace!
    • Timi
      Good morning! Just finishing my delayed coffee after fasting for routine bloodwork.   Just had my annual physical and I came out to my Dr. He was so kind and said if/when I want to start HRT they have a couple endocrinologists who specialize in transition and he could give me a referral. So nice! Not quite ready to jump into that yet, but he was so understanding. Another small step in my social transition. I feel so happy! 😊
    • Ivy
      They seem to think that if they pretend we don't exist, we won't.
    • Carolyn Marie
      Not a quote, but a poem; "Invictus," by William Henley.  I had it hanging on the wall of my office for many years.   "I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."
    • MAN8791
      Your children are of you, but they are not you for the dwell in the house of tomorrow where you cannot go, not even in your dreams. ~~ Khalil Gibran
    • Timi
      What? Yay!! I step away for a few days and this happens! I’m so happy for you.    That’s going to be my birthday present to myself this July.   I. Can’t. Wait!!   -Timi
    • Davie
      And, I Spent more time today on unscrambling my health insurance mess AND it looks like after signing papers, I should be all enrolled again  Yay! Thanks for all your support! —Davie
    • Davie
      "Breaking news! Good news! The United States Supreme Court has declined to hear a case against Montgomery County Public Schools LGBTQ+ inclusive curriculum. Students CANNOT be shielded from learning about LGBTQ+ people that inhabit the world around them!" —Erin Reed
    • Lorelei
      I am ambidextrous. I learned to write righty in school so I usually write with my right hand but my handwriting is better if I use my left hand. I use a lefty mouse. I am physically stronger in my left side. 
    • MaeBe
      Easy, I have felt the same way, not quite to the point of wanting to quit but sitting there one dosing morning and thinking "what am I doing?". I am in a crazy place right now; family is moving across the country, I am being laid off for the first time in my career and have to find a new job, and I'm in the middle of this gender journey that seems like it makes everything harder than it could be. I'd always been a "man with boobs", even when I was in my 20s and really skinny I had breast tissue, and now I'm accepting of that and want more but in a different way--I don't want to be a man with boobs, I want something different. I am something different, but it's hard because of nearly a half-century of social programing. So I empathize with your struggle, very directly.   I haven't dressed "male" for nearly six months and I just volunteered at a conference with my femme nickname and she/her pronouns on my name lanyard. The whole experience was great, I didn't feel a minute of anxiety or worry. That stuff comes at home, when left to my thoughts. Which is more telling? The comfort being Mae in public or the doubts and worry in private?   When I look in the mirror and see this more feminine me, it calms down the doubts and worry, so I'm starting to allow myself to trust in the former.
    • Lydia_R
      Totally!  I started HRT 21 months ago.  I'm 53yo now.  I mostly did not want the feminine genes of my family to take me over.  I told my doctor I wanted athletic breasts.  She has kept me on fairly low doses and I'm avoiding progesterone so far.   It's mostly mental for me.  Taking the pressure off from not having erections is soothing and changes my thinking.  I just want that stuff gone.  I had fun with it, but I'm over it.   I'm extremely happy with what has happened with my breasts.  Perhaps it took more than a year, but they have a feminine, athletic appearance now.  I don't notice changes in the rest of my body.  I've always enjoyed being thin and straight and have no desire for curves.  I can dig that butch with a feminine touch look.  I was upset at cutting my hair, but I'm liking it now.   It's fun to see all these young transwomen in my environment.  Everyone has their own style and the younger generation has a style of their own compared to us older people.   OK, back to baking a pie and doing some knitting....
    • Jani
      Quite the pairings!
    • Ivy
      I have one daughter who is left handed.  But she is fairly ambidextrous.  Apparently you have to be.
    • Ivy
      The time I spent "on the street" was mostly in the woods.  I dislike cities.  Even now my "bathroom" is out in the back yard, and has been for years.  When you're used to it, it's not so bad.  Helps one keep up with the seasons. I have no desire to live on the street in a city. Most of my adult kids live in cities.  It's nice enough for a visit, but I still prefer the country.
    • Jet McCartney
      ambidextrous in all areas haha

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.