• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Driver's License

Guest Cammie

Guest Camicochan

So today I got my new license issued with the gender marker changed! I've been pleasantly surprised at how relatively straightforward the whole process ended up being, and I suppose I have the New York administration to thank for that. All it took was the letter from my doctor, though I spent all morning waiting for her to redo it not once but twice! First she didn't realize that Cammie is short for Cameron and that I was not getting a name change. So after she corrected the name, I realized that the SSN was missing. She had appointments and such along the way, with the case manager as the messenger between us, so that took a while. I finally got the correct letter, which said in so many words that I was psychologically female, that the female gender predominates iover the birth-assigned male gender, and that I was receiving feminizing hormones and medical treatment. I made a beeline to the DMV, 1 subway stop and 2 blocks away, and after waiting a while they handled everything quite professionally and smoothly. I almost had trouble though because I'm also exchanging my old Texas license for a NY one, and the Texas one was technically provisional because it was issued before I was 18 and expired this last July on my 18th birthday. The manager overrode it since I was 18, and I got my temporary with the glorious 'F' on it with the photo one coming in the mail! :D

That is wonderful Cammie!

I am so glad that you have made that transition - just a few more hoops but you are well on your way!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Cammi!

YAY ...

That's a real milestone!

I'm excited about you getting that, because it's also on the horizon for me, too..

Ohio also has a provisional DL (Paula has one) and I'm gonna go for it, too!

You are an inspiration!

LOVE & HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Kaitlyn88

I wish that I could get mine changed but I can't in my state until after SRS. I'm actually not sure what to do about my ID at all since the last time I went there to get a new picture they refused saying I looked nothing at all like the picture on my old license. I went as male because I haven't changed my name yet and they won't change gender anyways. I can't use it any where as it is and I guess that I'll have to avoid things that take ID until I can manage to get SRS.

Guest Camicochan
Ohio also has a provisional DL...

What do you mean by that, it has to be provisional? My old one was only provisional cause I was under 18 at the time, this one isn't.

Guest Donna Jean

Sorry, Honey....

What I mean is that in Ohio it's called provisional, because it's for those transitioning and must be re-applied for every four years to have the "F" on it...

So, this DL is not a permanent change to "F" ....

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Oh Cammie,

You are so lucky and I am so jealous! No, I probably won't scratch your eyes out or anything... :rolleyes:

I really sincerely mean the congratulations to you. This is a tremendous milestone in your journey and must be an incredible sense of fulfillment to have it in your purse.

I'm just starting and had my first days out in the last 2 weeks and I felt wonderful to have my carry letters in my purse. Heck, it felt wonderful to CARRY a purse. :)

Good for you and may the good things just keep on happening to you.

A huge hug for you, girlfriend,

HUGGGGGGG

Love,

Yvonne

Guest Charlene_Leona

Congratulations Cammy I remember what it felt like getting my name and gender marker changed on my DL, it's a great feeling. Now if anyone asks us if were really women all we have to do is show our drivers license.

Take Care

Charlene Leona

Congratulations! I'm excited for you. I hope it goes that smoothly here in Missouri, of course I'll probably try to get my name changed at the same time as I get a new gender marker.

Guest Donna Jean

I had to get my DL renewed before last Christmas....

And they weren't gonna put the dude's pic back on it!

So, I went in my nice sweater, earrings, light makeup, and a smile....

Now it looks like me, even if it's still "his" name on it.....

I hope to be changing that this year!

Huggs!

Donna Jean

Donna Jean has it correct, in Ohio you call the BMV and they send a form, you fill the top out and your therapist, Endo or doctor fills out the bottom, 6 weeks later you get a letter in the mail from the BMV you can take to the license bureau and get the gender marker changed to F, it is good till your DL needs renewing in 4 years at which time you have to go through the whole process again unless you have GRS then the F is permanent, if you forget to do the form your marker will change back to M.

I was one of the first in Ohio to get the letter to change the marker and had that changed and my new legal name at the same time.

What a relief to have ID that now matches.

Paula

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 202 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • MaryEllen
    • Susan R
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Nonexistent
    Newest Member
    Nonexistent

1. Billie75B
      Billie75B
      (67 years old)
    2. Chloe Cloud
      Chloe Cloud
      (32 years old)
    3. Hannah Emma
      Hannah Emma
      (41 years old)
    4. Joan Arbour
      Joan Arbour
      (77 years old)
    5. Liz B
      Liz B
      (49 years old)
    • Ladypcnj
      Sorry, the powers that be doesn't want me to post about my story, they recently blocked my user IP.. but that's okay I have support from the Lgbtqai+ community, they know the full story the truth of what happened.
    • Nonexistent
      Hello, I'm new to the forum.   I'm a 22yr old trans guy. I've been on T for 6yrs, and I have both top surgery and a hysto. I have meta scheduled for next January.   Despite being on hormones for so long, I still don't pass well. I'm 5'1" which I can't change, no matter how much I hate it. I try and work out every other day, but I can't afford the gym so I just do bodyweight. I have a little muscle on my arms and shoulders, and pretty muscular thighs. I'm skinny overall but I do have a big butt.   The only facial hair I have is on my chin, and it's slight. My face is feminine, though my partners tell me it's not. If it was masculine though, then I wouldn't get misgendered. I think they have a bias from knowing me well and liking me. I have been told by a stranger that I have a feminine face after they misgendered me and my partner asked what made them think I was a girl (which was embarrassing, I prefer to just lower my gaze and walk away and sulk).   My hair has not made a difference in the frequency of misgendering. I had it natural color (brown), but my partner wanted me to dye it silver on the top so I did. This time it came out kind of dark and has a blue tinge to it, which I dislike, but it will lighten up. But all the advice I've heard is 'don't ever dye your hair!' Which makes me think it's why I'm getting misgendered, but in reality the frequency is the same. The sides are short, top is longer and swept to the side. Basic trans guy haircut #01. It comes in the trans guy training manual (lol). But if a cis guy had my haircut, nobody would misgender him. So it's not the hair. And bangs look awful on me so this is all that works. I do also have rounded glasses, which I have heard not to do, but square ones look awful on me (trust me, I've tried).   I wear basic clothes, nothing special. I don't have a washing machine or dryer, so I have to go to the laundromat sporadically when I can afford it. So I have to rewear the same thing multiple times. I just wear a t-shirt and shorts usually. I have 1 pair of jeans, the only pair I could find that fits me (I had to get them from the kids section). I feel like I should dress like guys typically do around here (I live in Texas), maybe it will help me blend in. Though I don't blend in with dyed hair. It makes me self-conscious, but I would feel bad changing it now since my partner just dyed it for me.   I live in a conservative state, obviously, being in Texas. So I don't know if that changes anything regarding passing.   I'm just so sick of it. I was given the hopes that I would pass easily on T if I was just patient, but that's not the case at all. I don't regret going on T, because I do like the changes that I have, but I wish it would do more to help me. People try to tell me I pass well, but I don't think I can trust them when strangers misgender me. It's contrary evidence. It seems like they are lying to me, and I don't appreciate it. I'd rather have my feelings hurt than be lied to.   There's always cosmetic surgery, but I'm schizophrenic and mentally disabled so I can't make enough money to afford that since I can't work.   If it's unfixable, then how do you cope with knowing you will never pass? Is there even any way to cope? How do I deal with getting misgendered? It just makes me so depressed every time, even though I don't care what random people think about me. It reminds me I hate how I look and that I look too feminine. And that I'll never look the way that I'm supposed to.   (Please no toxic positivity)
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Snap On dealer impressed with me,have been paying off my new toolbox off.About $2,000.00 left on the payments left.Said he had to repo one last week,guy quit making payments on it.He hates deadbeats big time
    • VickySGV
      I am a little confused about the word in your title there.    Defamation is a variation I know about, and it is akin to Libel and Slander in meaning, and could be the object of a court action or a couple of types.   If you are referring to the act of denying or taking away your feminine gender, ie. they keep using masculine names and pronouns or referring to you as  a "man" or "man in a dress", then yes it happens to me on rare occasion and if it is online, I simply block the moron doing it or leave the group where they are doing it, and may or may not come back if the person is there.  When people are willing to learn about Trans Folks I do give what are jokingly referred to as Trans 101 or even more in depth classes to the receptive and accepting audiences.  I DO NOT however try to teach a pig to sing, which as they say sounds like hell and annoys the pig.  If someone is invalidating your gender, get away from them safely and FAST.    
    • Ivy
      My inner child likes to cuddle with Blahaj.  I know it's weird, but it works for me.
    • Ivy
      I'm not sure they can do this.  Not on line anyway.  LOL   Defamation?  Not that I personally know of.
    • KathyLauren
      It's a sign! 
    • Justine76
      Nice! I've found myself shopping around for astrophotography gear more than once but haven't taken the plunge yet. To close to a metro area to do it from my home.
    • Ivy
      It never occurred to me to be able to see them here in the south.   Maybe tonight if it's not cloudy.
    • KymmieL
      @Willow Oh, yeah. been on anti-depressants for years. Actually 2 different ones. Take them each and every morning along with my other meds. 
    • Ivy
    • Sally Stone
      Well, this last post brings my trans life up to date.  What happens from here is anyone's guess.  The next big milestone will be retirement, probably next year some time.  I don't think that will change things much for Sally because as I have stated previously, I am in a mostly happy place where she is concerned.    I do have a few more posts planned, as I would like to write in more detail about a few occurrences that were memorable to me.  Hopefully they will be of interest to others.    Hugs,   Sally  
    • Ladypcnj
      Has anyone been a victim of online defemination? and what to do about it?
    • Vidanjali
      Yes, this is very therapeutic. You are able to see different aspects of your own personality. There is the part which has survived life thus far through decision making and lots of trial and error. That part of you is your wise and capable parent. When you feel strongly identified with the scared child in you, you can turn to the wise parent part of you whom you trust to guide you. You have faith and trust in that part of you necessarily because it has gotten you this far. Naturally, we all have room for improvement and advancement, but you can only start where you are and try to do your best with what you have to work with and deal with. But by adopting this attitude, you see that wise parental part of you become stronger, wiser, and more steadfast and skillful. Then the child in you increasingly becomes more trusting and carefree. 
    • Susan R
      You want to hear coincidence? I just posted that and my neighbor just texted me and said she has been up early because there were Northen Lights outside. Then 2 seconds later I get an extreme weather alert. “We are experiencing Extreme Geomagnetic conditions observed and continued severe geomagnetic storms expected to continue through the weekend”.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.