• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

On My Way At Last!

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

Its been 9 months since I arrived at Laura's. Nine months of soul searching and confusion and fear, of coming out and fears relieved and therapy and self discovery. Nine months in which I found new and lasting friendships, and discovered the woman within myself. Nine months in which Carolyn went out into the world and found that the world was an inviting and exciting place to be a woman.

So after nine months, the gestation period for human embryos, I have now given birth to the new me, and started my course of HRT today!

My doctor favors the estrogen patch, and I've already applied it. :) I've taken my first dose of T-blocker as well, with my dear friend Donna Jean as the witness to my "rebirth." I wish you all could have been witnesses, but you were all here in spirit, as my extended family.

I am a happy woman today, but I know that this is just one of the first steps on what will be a long journey. I look forward to savoring every little detail that I experience along the way. My wife was with me too, and continues to show wonderful support as I travel on my path to womanhood.

To my wonderful friends, and you all know who you are, thank you for being here and showing your love and support day in and day out. I can never hope to repay your kindness, but I will try my best.

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. It promises to be one hell of ride. :lol:

Love

Carolyn Marie

Patches, We don't need no stinking patches - I like the taste of the pills!

I am so happy for you, welcome to the sisterhood!

I love you so much!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Jean Davis

Aww, Donna Jean is going to be disappointed when she hears that she couldn't see you take your first pill. :lol:

Darn, and I wanted to see you take your second one. <_<

Ratts, I guess we're both out of luck. :lol:

LUV

Jean

Guest Charlene_Leona

Go for it girl, congratulations on putting on your first patch. Keep us informed on how your mind changes over this next month.

Love

Charlene Leona

Awww, Sweet, Loving Carolyn Marie,

You are one very pretty little baby girl. Did you get the "It's a Girl!" sign with balloons on it for the front yard? Cigars to pass out to the guys at work? :rolleyes:

Congratulations, sweet girlfriend. I know how difficult this has been and what an incredible milestone this is for you. I'm also taking E transdermally, as that's supposed to be a lot better for your liver. Believe me, I' ve worked my liver a little in my lifetime.... :D

I'm extremely pleased to hear of your wife's support, as that was a shaky deal for a long time and may still be. My own wife goes back and forth with it. It has to be difficult for them to deal with.

I just can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you. Well, I'm crying now. It feels so good.

Huge hugs of support to another babygirl--Babygirl Carolyn Marie.

Babygirl,

Yvonne

Warning Carolyn,

Donna Jean and I were talking and we discovered that there are some defective batches of patches out there - I told you about one last night but she heard about another one so look carefully for the letters N-I-C-O-R-E-T-T-E or B-A-N-D - A-I-D!

One might make you a bit jittery and the other well just don't expect too much!

Do remember that you are wearing the patch and refrain from mooning anyone that you are not planning on coming out to.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Carolyn.......

Sweet, SWEET, SWEEEEeeeeet!

Yeah, I was able to watch you take that first pill to start blocking that nasty "T" ..(Do you feel blocked today?")

An I have to apologize, because after you down the hatch that pill and hold your bottled drink up in a toast, all I had to salute you with was a popcicle! That's how memories are made!

Well, you've steeped of into an incredible journey....things in your life will start looking different...either real or imagined...

Buy tissues......and a stuffed animal to snuggle with.....

Carolyn.....

I'm two things this morning....

Happy and proud of you....I've watched you come a long way.....

How very wonderful!

Always with LOVE

Donna Jean

• Admin
Warning Carolyn,

Donna Jean and I were talking and we discovered that there are some defective batches of patches out there - I told you about one last night but she heard about another one so look carefully for the letters N-I-C-O-R-E-T-T-E or B-A-N-D - A-I-D!

Love ya,

Sally

Thanks, Sally. I'm feeling pretty good this morning, but do have a strange new aversion to smokers.

Hmmmmmm? :blink:

Carolyn Marie

Guest Elizabeth K

good - GOOD - GRAND!

Dee Jay was there to see - so you can NEVER say you were coerced! No people with needles and hormones jumped out of an unmarked van! No aliens from space trying some weird experimentation on earth creatures. No brainwashing from the internet...

Just you and that new set of pills - you are opting to shed your chemical maleness and join the other side! Estrogen powered! I think it might do a body good!

HUGGGS

Lizzy

Guest Joanna Phipps

WOOO HOOO!!!! YGG

patch, i used those to quit smoking years ago... giggle

welcome to womanhood sis, I like the taste of the estrogen pill which is good cause now I have more of them to take

Have fun as that roller coaster leaves the station and there are days you wont know which way is up

Guest ~Brenda~

Carolyn,

I remember the first day you arrived at Laura's. I remember complimenting on your name,and telling you that my sister is also named Carolyn. I have watched you grow and shine. All the while, you have always, consitently given the best advice, the warmest hugs, the greatest friendship.

I am so glad to see that you continue to grow and are finding yourself more and more each day.

I have always been so very happy when I see you logged on here :)

Love

Brenda (Cagney ;) )

Oh my oh my, i am late again,

Congrats Carolyn on finally starting the journey, fasten your seat belt.

My endo started me on patches but i had a severe reaction to the adhesive, so bad i would bleed and no matter what we tried it did not work so he switched me to pills, so keep a close watch for redness and irritation.

I also had a bad time keeping the patches on but found applying Tegaderm over the patch kept them on, if you have that problem contact me, i have several rolls i want to get rid of, we can discuss it further.

Paula

• Admin
Carolyn,

I remember the first day you arrived at Laura's. I remember complimenting on your name,and telling you that my sister is also named Carolyn. I have watched you grow and shine. All the while, you have always, consitently given the best advice, the warmest hugs, the greatest friendship.

Love

Brenda (Cagney ;) )

Thanks so much, Brenda. I've counted on your love from the beginning. My best partner ever! :D

My endo started me on patches but i had a severe reaction to the adhesive, so bad i would bleed and no matter what we tried it did not work so he switched me to pills, so keep a close watch for redness and irritation.

Paula

Thanks for the support and advice, Paula. No problems yet, its just getting a little grungy is all. The only effects I noticed so far is a little light headed. Then again,

my bosses have been telling me for years that I'm a little light in the head. :P .

Carolyn Marie