• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

2e + P = ?

Guest Joanna Phipps

Guest Joanna Phipps

Yep what do you get if you take a woman, double her estrogen and add in progesterone?

Answer: One owly lady... thats me for the next who knows how long till my body stabilizes.... so im staying out of areas that might trigger me

Guest Donna Jean
Yep what do you get if you take a woman, double her estrogen and add in progesterone?

Answer: One owly lady... thats me for the next who knows how long till my body stabilizes.... so im staying out of areas that might trigger me

Joanna....

On a serious note here.....

Last visit before the one yesterday for me...

My doctor doubled my "E" and put me on Prometrium (Progesterone) ....

She asked me how did it go for me 6 months back when I first started taking it...

Truth of the matter is that it made me about half crazy...just awful!

After 2-3 weeks I was ready to call her and tell her that I was stopping it because I couldn't handle it anymore...

But with in a few days it leveled off and I felt better.

I don't know if I just got used to it or that's how it works.

But, be forwarned...It CAN really work you into a tiz!

Just keep an eye on yourself.....OK?

Donna Jean

Guest NatashaJade

Aside from breast growth, is there any other reason to take it? My doctor offered it to me when I started, but I declined. I had heard it can make weight loss even harder and I wanted to see what the E would do to me on its own.

Guest i is Sam :-)

But doctor's do tend to develop treatments and regimes that they specifically like and stick to them even in the face of new research, It's always good to at least question your doctor and make sure they are aware of all the current information.

Guest NatashaJade
I think this is one of those areas where we must trust our doctor's experience and thoughts for what is best for us.

Blossom

My doctor actually said the progesterone was optional...she thought I made the right choice to start. When I see her again in June for my "tune-up", I'll probably talk to her about it then.

luv

Gin

Guest Donna Jean
But doctor's do tend to develop treatments and regimes that they specifically like and stick to them even in the face of new research, It's always good to at least question your doctor and make sure they are aware of all the current information.

Yep!

On my first visit, I went over everything that we were going to do and I was armed with research...She was impressed that I knew so much and was happy that I was well informed....

You will be, too, when your time comes, I assume?

It's in our own best interest!

Huggs!

Donna Jean

Guest nymphblossom

It really comes down to finding the balance between being an informed customer and trust. If you get to the point that you are questioning everything the professional who is treating you says, it's time to find another doctor.

Blossom

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Joanna Phipps

In some of the reading I have been doing it turns out that in the body progesterone is derived from a double oxidation of cholesterol then throught various other reactions is converted into things like estrogen, testosterone and a host of other chemicals. It also has some very mild antiandrogenic properties, and MIGHT speed up the metabolism of Estrogen in the liver.

• Admin

Good luck, Joanna! I do hope you've removed all the breakables, dear. Might be hard to explain to your

insurance company. Since you don't live here, you can't claim it was an earthquake.

A small personal implosion, perhaps??

Carolyn Marie

Guest Joanna Phipps

to quote the song, "I think Im gonna be alright, yes the worst is over now..." my pms or what ever has stabilized but the increased dosages have knocked my period sideways... I have no idea when it is now

I guess I am the only one who has been totally unaffected emotionally by the introduction of estrogen.

Donna Jean if you say anything - I will go into a deep depression and call you up tonight sobbing uncontrollably - unlike my usual light tear shedding.

I am sure that if they give that one to me no one will answer my calls on Skype anymore.

Love ya,

Sally

• 1 month later...
Guest Nicodeme

Progesterone helps keep your sex drive from disappearing into nothingness, from what some girls have mentioned to me. (I wouldn't really know for myself...being a bio-female I have progesterone naturally and haven't ever really NOT had it.)

Also, it doesn't so much promote breast growth as fine-tune it. If you just take estradiol with no progesterone, for some girls it just causes them to develop pointy, not very feminine breasts. Progesterone helps round them out.

Again, I wouldn't know for myself...except that I can definitely attest that progesterone can--and will, and does--make you pretty freaking moody. I've practically had progesterone poisoning the past few days. -_-