• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hey

Guest sharkguy

Guest sharkguy

Hey all,

I just joined so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Cole, I am a 21 year old transguy. I have been "out" so to speak to my friends since I was 17, and to my immediate family for a year, but I am fairly early in terms of medical transition, as my family has a very lengthy history of medical issues which hormones could increase the risk of.

I decided to join the site because I am lucky that my fiance and I live in an area with a rather large trans community, but I am unlucky because I am painfully shy and introverted so I figured an online trans community would be less intimidating.

anyway, that is more than enough about me. so hi to you all.

• Root Admin

Hello Cole,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. Come on in and look around. Kick your shoes off and set a spell :) Not need to be shy around us. You're among friends here.

MaryEllen :)

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, Cole!

Welcome to the Playground, Hon!

I'm Donna Jean and I'd like to make you comfortable...

Sit over here and I'll get you a hunk of pizza and a cold drink...OK?

I'm glad that you decided to join...there a lot of people that are more comfortable in an environment like this forum!

Honey, If you haven';t already, please take a minute to read the forum rules...you'll find a link at the top of most pages...

We moderate this site to keep it safe, too..

So, sit back and relax...

Make yourself at home!

It's so nice to have you!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest sarah f

Welcome to Laura's Cole. You have come to the right place if you are shy because everyone here is so loving and give such good advice to you. Just keep on posting and you will find out for yourself.

Love,

Sarah F

Guest Chandra

Hello Cole,

Welcome to a place where you can let the real you out without fear of being judged or intimidated

Just be your self and you will fit in nicely.

Everyone here is very polite and super sensitive to your needs. Get to know the group and they will make you feel at home here.

No one is thinner skinned or shyer than me and most accept me. I to am very new here and at first felt to shy to reveal myself

fully. But once you feel that we really care about you here, the love will feel is real. And that will make you feel better.

You will find many here like yourself that you can identify with and learn from.

So welcome to your new family. I guarantee if you give us a chance you will love it here.

Love and hugs, See Ya, Chandra

Welcome Cole,

I want to welcome you to the family and let you know that this is a great place to get over shyness - when I joined a little over a year and a half ago I took almost a week between post but Donna Jean decided to get me to open up and post more and well now everybody is mad at her! :lol:

So here is to hearing more from you - we are very friendly and it is a safe place to just be yourself.

Have a great time here and post a lot.

Love ya,

Sally

Hi Cole, you are so welcome to our little corner of tranquility.

Laura"s will suit you fine hun, no pressures ,no agenda"s ,

just a bunch of like minded folk who have each others interests

at heart . So, sit down , take the weight off , your with friends .

luv,viv :)

Hi Cole,

<<curtsey>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have FTM meetings -Mon & Fri 8pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Hey! Welcome to Laura's Playground. This is a very welcoming community. People here really are like a family. Everyone genuinely cares about each other and we support each other in our moments of need. I hope you enjoy this forum. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 86 Guests (See full list)

• Arushi
    • Ivy
    • Karen Carey
    • VickySGV
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

LillyZ
    Newest Member
    LillyZ

1. avery78
      avery78
    2. blinkyrtx
      blinkyrtx
      (25 years old)
    3. Heather Shay
      Heather Shay
      (72 years old)
    4. hormonedifficientin2ways
      hormonedifficientin2ways
    5. IMTH
      IMTH
    • Vidanjali
      Thank you, @Betty K. You did very well in all respects. Please take care of your mental well-being, dear. Digging so deeply into this is bound to affect your inner peace. Don't let it stick to you, if you can. Much love. 
    • BobbiSkunk
      Last night was salmon (on a cedar plank?) and lima beans!  Kind of simple, but I needed that.   ...   Please, if anyone has tasty fish recipes share them?  Also, not sure why the salmon came with a small cedar plank to cook it on, was just looking to try something new.  >.>
    • Karen Carey
      Where am I?   I now have the answer.   A short recap. Having been diagnosed with gender dysphoria last year, at the age of 79, I started an initial dose of HRT in December. My psychiatrist suggested that it was likely to affect me in one of three ways. Firstly, that oestrogen was not right for me and to discontinue it; secondly that it might push me down the road to transition; thirdly that it might temper the dysphoria such that there would be no need to seek further transition. I felt a mix of wanting two and three, but with social transitioning (outside the family) terrifying me.    The first four months produced mild physical and mental changes that I have talked about before, and seem to be common. I felt that the HRT was easing me down the path to transitioning, encouraged by an Endo who was keen to hear of my progress with name-change and coming out further. (This on the assumption that I wanted to increase the HRT. I did not.)   Then, something strange happened.  In April I started reading @SallyStone’s chapters of her life (Sally’s Trans World, a wonderful read).  She made me think hard, and in a slightly different way from before. A switch clicked off.  It was 15th April when the desire to transition left me. Of course, the dysphoria has not wound back to zero.  I still love the feminine, admire the feminine form, and dressing as a woman. But, the urge to transition has gone.  The fear that I may regress just as suddenly is now easing. The result is a much more relaxed me.   My psychiatrist is very pleased (as am I) with the effect that HRT has had on me, and while recognising that GD is still his diagnosis, he recommends staying on the low dose. My GP is delighted that I am not proceeding any further with transition from a medical perspective. For me, the small physical effects that I am experiencing are outweighed by the mental benefits.   I write this to give a different perspective on the value of low-dose HRT. It may help those with GD who are uncertain about transitioning.   Thanks for reading.   Karen  
    • Lydia_R
      Wow!  I just have a banana bread in the bread machine right now.  It's coming out in an hour!!   Yes, I've been making a rye bread lately that I slice thinly and toast.  It reminds me of those rye crisp crackers that I used to eat at the greyhound races in high school.  My dad and his brother were crazy about the greyhound races.  I was more into the crackers and butter.
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Wishing to be a normal guy
    • MaeBe
      Another night of lost sleep, the coffee is required. This time my anxiety wasn't about my gender it was about failing to get a job and the craziness we've barely even started working toward moving across the country. My wife must sense my unease, because she tends to wake me up after I've finally gotten back to sleep. :D
    • Lydia_R
      At peace with myself?  Definitely.  I always thought life would get better for me as time passes and it does.  I've learned to dance and sing while doing the dishes and I feel if I can be happy doing that, I can be happy doing almost anything.  I've gone from living on $5/day for years to making $3,200 for an hour of work.  Money doesn't mean much to me personally, but I enjoy paying bills and I love tracking my money and other things.  I'm far from rich (I averaged $33,000/year over 35 years of working), but I have excellent skills.  My personal happiness/success is based on the things I do in my environment.   Am I at peace at work or with others?  Certainly not.  Working with others is always a struggle.  I've always enjoyed being in my workshop.  I'm an artisan like that.
    • Ivy
      We used slide rules and logs in high school.  When my younger brother went to college he had to buy one of those calculators, it wasn't cheap. These days I don't mind using the calculator on my phone at all.  It's a lot simpler than the complicated way my brain processes numbers.
    • Cyndee
      quite steadily putting life's groove on
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,    @Willow & @Mirrabooka I remember my best friend in high school struggling with the transition between the slide rule and the new calculator. He would work out the problem on both to make sure he could trust the calculator.    I spent the day yesterday getting the camper ready for the Summer season of camping and trying to figure out where Parker’s crate would fit best.    Today is unseasonably cool and rainy so the doors and windows are open. The morning songbirds are singing, and the neighborhood is quiet.    The Coffee is warm enough to have visible steam rising from it.    Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋    
    • Lorelei
      I did very well on that civil service test. I am #2 on the list so I am one of the three people eligible for the job if the position opens. Only the top three people are eligible. Keep me in your thoughts that I get an offer. It would be awesome to start somewhere that nobody knew me as a man yet keep my leave credits, seniority and higher pay. 
    • KatieSC
      I thought I was, at least for a while, but overall, no, I am not at peace. I know I am trans, but I also know that a large chunk of my life was miserable. Even with transition just about complete, I still feel as though my life was empty, and in many ways, remains that way. Nothing makes up for that emptiness, or the time lost in life.
    • KatieSC
      Even if the initiative failed, and even if the Democrats take a sweep of the House, Senate, and Presidency, I think we are still going to face many years of backlash. We need to figure out how to win over the hearts and minds of everyday people. We know that we will always exist. The incidence of being transgender is not going to wither away, but getting the attitudes to change after so much polarization will be hard. There are people out there that hate our very existence. While we push for acceptance, there will continue to be points that are unpalatable to the public.    If we take an adversarial approach to our acceptance, I am afraid it will cause further derision. The public at large needs to see us being more like they are, and see us successful, rather than being portrayed in a negative light. Even if we survive the political upheaval of this year, I suspect we will see more of the same when the election in 2028 occurs. If it is not more Trump, it will be his sycophantic disciples. We should be prepared for the long haul. 
    • Birdie
      Not wearing them yet, but I have these ordered:   I'll pick them up Saturday
    • KatieSC
      It would be fitting if he took a dip in the ocean while he is up there in Massachusetts and the great white eats him. Maybe it is just me, but tell me again how this guy is supposed to be a great actor?? I just do not get that vibe. It is mind of matter. It is my mind and he doesn't matter.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.