• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Color Of Nail Polish Do You Like Best

Guest Sarah Michelle

Guest sarah f

I really like to change up colors but I think my favorite color is pink. I have tried blue, purple, red, black and others but I still go back to any shade of pink as the one I like the most.

Love,

Sarah F

I am a fan of the lighter and more natural colors, I like to think that unpolished is a beautiful look if the nails are healthy and shinny.

But for colors - I go with earth tones - I really like a sort of a tan color that was popular back in the 80s it was called some other name after all tan and beige are such boring names - I think it was sandalwood.

Just a bit on the plain side.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest nymphblossom

Simple clear gloss. I am such a different a woman than my wife and I think it is one of the reasons we have been doing as well as we have adjusting to my transsexualism.

I like clear nail polish and active length nails

She likes red talons

I spend 15 minutes putting on my makeup so I look like I don't have any on

She spends 15 minutes to look like she just stepped out of Cosmo

I like cotton bikinis

She likes silky panties

She wears frilly, lacey tops

I wear Henleys and button downs

I wear my hair dead straight parted on the side

She has a head full of curls

I like skinny jeans

She likes them baggy

I'm a flat-chested bean pole

She's curvy & petite

I eat like a horse

She watches me eat like a horse

But we both shopaholics, like pizza & beer and have this thing for boots. I just wish my size 11 feet could fit in her 7's...

Blossom

Guest Donna Jean

I wear a nail hardner ....

It's clear, but quite shiny.

It seems as though my nails could get longer before HRT....they are much more brittle now.

HRT leaches calcium....DANG!

And when I wear a color, I like the lighter pinks....

Donna Jean

My natural nails peel, chip or just break if they get long enough to look nice, before i went full time i wore clear or a nude color but when i went full time i got acrylics and i love them, i try to keep them at a sport length because i am in several bowling leagues... but getting back to your color question i like most colors, browns, reds and blues are my favorites, my SO likes blue so i get blues once in a while as a surprise.

Paula

Guest Elizabeth K

Paula is a big fan of acrylics! Good as they work for her! I used acrylics during theyears i THOUGHT I might be a crossdresser. They can be removed after the weekend. They are designed for a week I think - some might get two weeks out of them. I was so active I had to use a super-glue to keep them on. That really destroys your nails!

So when I went full time I went natural. I could keep my nails pretty and looking good - especially the left hand (I am right handed). I thought it would be an easy thing to do - wow.

Then the HRT started working. Estrogen can leech your calcioum! It also keeps supplimental calcium from being absorbed - yikes! My nails SHATTER now.

So I have been like Dee Jay - with clear nail hardener. I was STILL having problems. My nails were sorter than when I was presenting male all thos years! NOT GOOD!

So I expected to have to switch to acrylics. Well - kinda 'iffy' when presenting male at work (have to - everytime I would come out I got fired) So I was trying desparate means!

I discoverd Sally Hausen 'diamond coat!' Its wonderful! I fix my cuticles, smoth the nails with one of those seven grade nail files, and put on one coat after anothe (1 hour drying between - do it while watching a movie on tv). In a weekend I can get o0n ten good coats! I then use a 'dull' coat (model airplane paint) and they look natural and un-shiney! And they don't break! yeaaaaa

But every two weeks the nail grows out a bit - you have to redo. I just buff down the raised part near the cuticle - don't worry about the polish - keep it on - and reapply. Its almost like a gel coat - and looks natural.

BUT

Color!

Seasonal! I love the pinks and pale pastels in the spring and summer. I switch to brighter reds in the fall. Then when it gets cold - the heavy burgandy and beet red colors! And it is NOT required your hands and feet match - although that sometimes works too. I wear colors on the weekends.

FEMININE! And it helps you pass completely if you are one of us t-girls that are still a bit androgynous. 'Men don't wear polish - has to be a woman" subconscious thoughts of others.

Hope this helps!

OH OH OH

Taking it off! I like those tubs with the foam inside - full of remover!. The non- acetone are supposedly better for you but I cannot get them to work quickly! And the tubs are refillable. I also use those make-up removal pads after - the remoisturize the nails and the cticles.

Alos use hand cream before you go to bed - keeps your hands soft and pretty. Its easier to lacquer your nails when the hands are healthy!

Lizzy

Guest daphene

I like reds or hot pinks mostly, every now and then a pale frosty pink. I always put 2 coats of clear on top so I really get a high gloss shine for about a week.

Hugs,

Daphene

Guest NadineB

My favorite is Lincoln park after dark by opi. It is a purple that looks almost black. I wear it even when dressing in male atire. I go for pedicures and love reds, purples, blues haven't tried pinks yet but hey maybe next time.

Luv Nadine

Guest Danielle J

I keep my toes polished all the time they are a nice red right now, my fingers I use a clear on all the time. I was having a problem of them splitting so I had a acrylic over lay put on so they don't break and allow them to get longer. There is a new gel out that uses UV light to harden,and looks natural, that I want to try.

Danielle

Guest DeniseNM

Well right now I can't have my nails polished because I have kitchen lab 3 days a week at school (it is a safety and sanitation thing) nor can I have long nails. I do keep my toenails painted though. When I can paint my nails it really depends on my mood. I have worn everything from blue to pink to red to silver to gold and all colors in between. I really like the metallic colors though or the ones that are called "jewelled" that are kind of glittery.

Denise

Guest i is Sam :-)

I have a couple of nail varnishes but i'm not sure i like them very much, I like the idea of doing my nails but then it always seems a bit much. I also feel like I have to stay away from bright red nails because it seems so stereotypical transvestite

Viv hon

There are several types of acrylics, one they out a plastic tip on then cover the whole nail with acrylic, these are usually for short term wear, parties, holidays, they usually do not last long, the other is an acrylic overlay, there is a form placed under your existing fingernail and acrylic is applied over the whole nail, i get a fill every 2 - 3 weeks, they can stay on indefinitely but there are those that have said after 6 months remove them to give your natural nails a breather.

Paula

Guest sarah f

Right now I am going with my favorite color on my toes. I usually just stick with one color until the nails grows out a little bit. Then I change the color to something else. I think I might just be brave and get it done next time at the nail salon. I might even ask them to put a flower on the big toes. I can say this on the site but doing it is another thing. At least I can hope to do it.

Love,

Sarah F

Guest Flistan

Since I always wear tennis shoes or converse-rip-offs, I don't really see a point to painting my toes- and I don't really have a desire to. As for my nails on my hands, I used to go for purple or other cool colors but now I don't do much of anything. When I decide to paint my nails (other than trying to care for them if they're chipping and weak- I put coats of strengthener and main n' tail hoofmaker on them), I usually go for black or chrome. I LOVE CHROME nail polish- but it's so bloody hard to find! T.T Black and silver/chrome match my steel jewelry- and I really like the colors too.

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi Sarah,

Admittedly, I have way too many bottles of nail polish :D

My favorites vary according to mood. Right now my two favs are pink chiffon, and cherrie red.

I have gone through phases where the more lavender colors were my favs.

HUGS

Brenda