• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Wondered If

Guest Joanna Phipps

Guest Joanna Phipps

Well it's finally happened, I had to go get some bobby pins today. The sides of my hair are finally long enough that their favorite place to end up was in my eyes. This was annoying enough at the best of times but when I was driving no way so its time to pin it back so that cannot happen. Its a small thing but one more step on the road.

Eight months from off the ears and off the collar to nearly shoulder length in the back and the sides at my jaw bone, I want it shoulder length all the way round before I'm done.

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, Joanna...your hair sounds as if it's getting to be a good length! COOL!

I use bobby pins, too...keeps the stragglers out of my eyes (and food)...

Shoulder length will look good on you!

HUGGS!

Dee Jay

Guest sarah f

Congrats on another small step for you. Next step is shoulder length hair and then beyond that depending on the hair style you are going for. I started letting my hair grow out and it is in the not long enough stage in the back to control it stage. It is curling up like always. That is why in guy mode I always kept it short. Know I have something to grow it out for. :D

Love,

Sarah F

Guest Donna Jean
Ya know I wanted it long back in the 70's but it wouldnt grow... guess it was too much T in my system

Joanna.....

Back in the early 70's I let my hair grow...it got to be about 18" in the first two years....

It hasn't grown an inch more in the last 40 years.....

What's with that?

Donna Jean

I have no idea how hair grows and why it does so much better for some than others but I do know that your hair and nails parallel each other because it is the same material.

My hair went from off the collar in June to well beyond shoulder length all of the way around and my nails are very long and strong.

Those pictures in Memphis in my gallery showed my hair just three months after the short cut.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Joanna Phipps
I have no idea how hair grows and why it does so much better for some than others but I do know that your hair and nails parallel each other because it is the same material.

My hair went from off the collar in June to well beyond shoulder length all of the way around and my nails are very long and strong.

Those pictures in Memphis in my gallery showed my hair just three months after the short cut.

Love ya,

Sally

Sister, Nails???? Lets not even go there, I think even with sally hansen on them the only way im going to get good nails is to pay a salon for them.