• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Shoulda Known I Was A Transguy When...

Guest SamIThinkIAm

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• Sally

Guest Mscollins

I look back at my life and notice I never put on a dress.

I only bought one skirt which I used as a table cloth.

- I HATED girl clothes with a passion. I just felt so wrong when I wore them. I wish I had worked up the courage to ask my parents to buy me some sooner.

- When I was young I thought I would grow a penis, I never told anyone about this though.

- I also had the "phantom third limb" thing.

- When I was about 12 years old, I started losing weight. It had been OK at first (I was slightly overweight before), but then I became anorexic because no matter how much weight I lost, I couldn't get rid of the curves on my body. (I got down to 68lbs)

- On the same note, the fact that I didn't realize that my body was supposed to look the way it did at that age.

- I'm barely an A cup and I think my breasts are annoying things that get in my way.

- My hips bother me too.

- So does the softness of my body (and I'm a very thin person)

- And that stupid monthly punctuation thing :banghead:

- I usually hang out with guys, and the girls that I do hang out with are tomboys.

- I've always liked doing guy things.

- I used to look at boys' stuff with envy.

- When I got toys (I only got girls' toys, once again I thought my parents wouldn't let me get boys' things) I was more interested in how the mechanical parts in the accessories worked.

- I played with my toys like a boy would. (ex. There was a remote control car you could get for barbies, I would put the barbies in the car and start crashing it into stuff and drive it down the stairs)

- I had a male attitude toward woman when I was really young. For example, I thought that woman shouldn't join the army (I don't believe that now), and that they should stay safe at home... but at the same time I wanted to join the military when I got older :lol: (I still do)

- I wrote stories from the point of view from a male character, and my female characters were very guy-like.

- I wrote a story with me as the narrator, and I wrote myself as a boy.

- In my dreams I'm usually a boy.

- My characters in MMORPGs and RPGs are guys..

- When I'm in role plays my characters are guys.

- I mentally cringe when I'm called a girl.

- I felt like a perv when I'm getting changed for P.E in the girls' locker room.

- When a girl says "I don't understand guys at all." I think "What's not to understand?"

- I HATED clothes shopping with a passion. (still do)

- I never understood why I would need a purse when I got older, isn't that what pockets are for? (Then I realized how small the pockets in girls' pants are, thank God I finally got guys' clothes)

- When groups were divided into boy/girl teams, I would want to go over to the boy team.

- I had a very embarrassing incident of taking my shirt off at a friend's house when I was 10. :doh1: I didn't realize what was wrong with doing that, I had a moment of "Oh, wait I'm a girl... %^#@!". Luckily, my friend never brought it up again and I've moved since then, so I think it was forgotten.

- I used to have fantasies about turning into a boy or dressing up as a boy. (I can actually do the second one now, the first will require a bit more work)

Guest BecomingNick

- The word ''purse'' actually gives me chills. I hate that word.

- Burping and not being ashamed.

- I want to be the protector in the relationship. I want to be able to take care of my future wife.

- I love my short hair. I wouldnt ever grow it long again.

- I hate shaving. I dont see the point in it.

- Stealing my brothers clothes and toys.

- Changing my name at 13, because my birthname was too ''girly''.

- I only own makeup to use for photography to make fake wounds.

- Im still trying to talk my mom into letting me have a snake or tarantula.

- I loved playing in the mud growing up.

- I was always jelous of my brother because he was allowed to collect baseball cards.

• 3 months later...
Guest WalckerX

I’ve always known I was a boy, even when I was really little. And I’ve had it fairly easy all things considered. So heres a list of good and bad.

• Being devastated when my best friend Dan told me I was a girl and not a guy. I was 6 years old and it was the first time anyone had pointed it out.
  • Being asked in first grade what I wanted to be when I grew up and replied “A boy”.
  • Happiest day of my young life was when I convinced my youngest cousin that I was a boy (She still “slips up” and calls me a he).
  • Wanting to join the USMC since I was 12 and angry that they wouldn’t let me be a sniper with the other guys.
  • Hating my bodily functions with the passion of a thousand suns.
  • Always dressing/shopping in the boys section.
  • Realizing with great delight that dressing up could mean a suit.
  • Grinning like an idiot whenever someone calls me sir.
  • The anger over bras and undies *shudder*
  • Feeling trapped because you can’t explain who you really are to someone you care about.
  • Hoping that when your time of the month is late that it will never return.
  • Praying that you get breast cancer so that your health insurance will remove these damn melons.
  • Getting annoyed and angry when someone assumes you can’t fix/do something because you are a “girl”
  • Happily being mistaken as a male by TSA agents.
  • First time packing and feeling right for the first time.
  • Wanting be be a Dad, not a mom.

Haha the earliest back I can remember having experiences that were definitely trans-indicative was preschool. Of course I only played with boys and cars, etc, but that could be labelled as "tomboy" behavior (grr, I hated being called a tomboy!) However, tomboys don't go quite this far: I remember standing one day in preschool behind a big tree, and having my friend David show me his underwear. Boys underwear were the coolest thing ever, all that blue elastic and the little superhero patterns and the Y-shaped flap to pee through. I liked them so much that I begged David to let me wear them. To kids, I guess that kind of thing isn't gross. The next day, too, he brought some underwear for me and let me keep them. When my mom found them, she was amused, but it wasn't til third or forth grade when I got up the guts to ask her if she'd buy me boys underwear (by that point all the boys were wearing boxer shorts and how I longed to do so as well).

Guest Protoman2050

LOL! I'm M2F (more precisely, male-to-androgyne), and I agree with just about everything (save for the physical stuff...I like my breasts and my penis; hate my facial and body hair). It's funny, my Mom was a total tomboy when she was a kid, and I'm a very masculine transgirl (people used to think I was a somewhat feminine cisguy, because my dysphoria was so hard to detect).

I love stylish clothing and makeup, powerful motorcycles and firearms...I'm both guy and girl. I plan on weight-lifting during transition so I can hopefully retain my strength and lose excess fat to define my muscles, and I'd never wear skirts or dresses, just the girl's version of my male clothes (tight jeans, tight T-shirt, leather jacket).

Guest sierrathompson1

When I would go to bed as a child praying for God to turn me into a boy by the time I woke up, being jealous of my twin brother and not understanding why he got to be the boy and i had to be the girl. Feeling depressed throughout high school because I felt I should be a boy not stuck a girl.

Now am finally pursuing getting hormones and the more I learn about hormones the more hopeful I become ;)

• 9 months later...
Guest Strong

-Approximately age 3 maybe 4 when I say my brothers stand to pee, told my sister I wanted to stand to pee she told me I couldn't because I was a girl.

(I could by the end of the day, without any accidents)

I cried at xmas at 4 when brother got fishing pole all I got was a stupid doll.

I played football with the boys.

All was dreamed I was a boy.

Always played the dad when forced to play house.

Had a evil kineval ramp for my bike to launch and land.

I always dug the worms for fishing.

I would catch snakes and scare my mom.

told other kids i was born a boy buy parents wanted a girl.so they changed my sex.

Didnt wear a shirt with during summer until I was a teenager and was made to.

I took care of the outside of the farm.

I worked on and fixed the lawn mowers.

I wanted to see how many 50 lbs of corn i could carry at one time.

I never ( still don't ) wear women clothes Yuck.

Never knew where to put my hands when i was forced to wear a dress.

As a adult still called a tomboy.

Dressing up ... is best looking black jeans and button down shirt.

Try to hide my expression when a good looking woman stops in front of me.

this is all i can think of at the moment

I felt like a perv when I'm getting changed for P.E in the girls' locker room.

XD God! Has there ever been anything more true...!?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 135 Guests (See full list)

• Lydia_R
    • Betty K
    • Mmindy
    • Birdie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Ivy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Justine76
    Newest Member
    Justine76

1. April Marie
      April Marie
    2. daniela...
      daniela...
      (59 years old)
    3. Emily May
      Emily May
    4. Felixr
      Felixr
      (20 years old)
    5. Leann
      Leann
      (56 years old)
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Last night we had a soup made of sausage, potatoes, spinach, and onions.  Also some whole wheat flatbread.   Our meals here are often simple, because we have a huge family. We have to cook cafeteria quantities of everything.
    • Mirrabooka
      Tonight we had a couple of thin cut scotch fillet steaks fried in butter, with a tomato/onion/breadcrumb bake, accompanied with peas & broccolini, with instant mushroom & garlic gravy. 
    • KymmieL
      Happy Birthday, @April Marie
    • Lydia_R
      This is what I've been working on the last few days:   3:38am (the next day) I just pulled up a website to do the arc tangent function because the Windows scientific calculator doesn't do that function.  I entered in the .577 number and did an atan on it and it came back with .523 which is what I was expecting.  The .577 number is the result of the opposite over the adjacent and the .523 is the circumference measure to 30 degrees and is one of those numbers I memorized in February 2004.  That's an interesting story in my book.   So, the lessons I learned last night are that .577 is the result of a ratio.  The idea here is how to convert that decimal back to a ratio.  Andy helped with that last night.  He said "just divide by 10!"  I was like, oh my, that makes sense!  Andy is good for a laugh like that!  I had come home from a walk to the store and was hot on the idea of division and the musical connect to Ed Sheeran and Pink Floyd's The Division Bell.  I don't know either one of them very well, but I am hot on the idea of writing a function that does division.  And that brings up the subject of how a computer does multiplication.  I talked with Andy about that and I said that my dad just beat the multiplication tables into me.  I remember not getting it.  I would tell my dad "why do I have to memorize this stuff?"  And he would say "you just do."  And ironically, it was the same way with trigonometry on the streets.  With trig, the numbers only matter so that you can grasp the concept of it all.  They don't matter, but there is the magic of the sine of 30 degrees being .5 and how that points to 12 and the overtone series / cycle of 5ths.  That's pretty amazing stuff and then Andy was trying to draw a conclusion to 24 hours a day.  I insisted that that application of 24 was man-made and he was not convinced.  Then he brought up the year being about 360 days, or perhaps I brought that up.  That is not a man-made number (365) and it's really odd having that and the connection to 12.  It's just a coincidence, buy Andy was trying to draw some conclusion from it.  And then I brought up the thing with the moon appearing to be the same size as the sun.  And that got Andy brining up more conclusions.   Then I abandoned the conversation and my next thought on the subject was that this whole thing is about ratios and how I was using ratios to do my collision detection before I started studying trig.  I then took a look at the calulators on my screen.  What is this .577 number?  That is not the arc tangent of 30 degrees, is it?  I swear that I'm correct about the arc tangent of 30 degrees being .523.  I've been spouting that number off consistently since Feburary 2004.  So then I got out my Plane Trigonometry book and looked up 30 degrees.  Sure enough, .523 is correct.  But then from having looked at that row of numbers, I got the idea that if you had any one of those numbers and knew which function it was under, then you should be able to figure out the rest.  They are all the result of a ratio and the idea is to convert them back to ratios and cross multiply and divide.  And I mentioned that to Andy, or did he bring up cross multiplying and dividing when I was talking about ratios?  We basically got to that at the same time and I was impressed that Andy knew about it.   So, I think all the keys are here and it's almost time for me to start coding a division function and then a trigonometric function.  If it can be done, I should be able to have this coded in the next couple days, although I'm stretched pretty thin with this political stuff.  We'll see.  It's an interesting project.   One of the key things that got me going on this the other day was how the .3333 number came up.  I had recognized that as 30 degrees expressed in grads.  And that brought up the thought of base 10.  All these hard number calculations started off with 30 degrees which is equivalent to 33.33 grads.  90 degrees = 100 grads, 360 degrees = 400 grads.  I learned that over a decade ago by entering in some of these numbers into a calculator and playing with the grads button.  Anyway.  I love triangulation.  
    • Lydia_R
      Oh my, here it comes...     It looks like there is a half moon out my window...  4:51am    
    • KatieSC
      While it is encouraging that they have deemed that they cannot ban the treatment, the bigger question is what treatments they will cover as a result. Speaking as a transgender female, this is a difficult definition. A fair number of insurance plans already cover the basic vaginoplasty, however, for those of us who have a rather masculine appearing face, a heavy beard, a deep voice, and other defining characteristics, attaining a passing feminine appearance is difficult without gender-affirming facial feminization surgery, genital and facial electrolysis, speech therapy and if necessary, gender affirming voice surgery, as well as other body contouring procedures. I view all of these procedures as life-saving in the sense that blending in, and thus avoiding an assault can come down to looking and sounding like you are female. I think the transgender males have a bit more ease with blending in than we do. There will be disagreements as to what constitutes enough surgery to be your truest self. We all pretty much understand that our true gender is locked in our mind. The issue is what can we do to modify our bodies enough to get the congruence between what is in our head, and how we perceive ourselves in the world. Is some of it cosmetic? That is hard to say for sure. I have had insurance companies insist that facial electrolysis is purely cosmetic. Well, most women do not have an Abraham Lincoln beard coming through. Some insurance companies have insisted that speech/voice therapy, as well as voice surgery, are purely cosmetic. I scoured the cosmetic counters for any makeup that would enhance my voice. Being feminine and passing does not mean I get to look and sound like Fred Flintstone in a dress. That kind of weirds folks out, and sets us up to be ridiculed and assaulted in my estimation.   My one insurer told me that beyond the vaginoplasty that all of this was cosmetic. In an appeal hearing, I asked the group that if they had a 14 year old daughter who was in an accident that resulted in a large facial scar, would they want the child to receive the best care to remove the scar? Of course they would. I pointed out though, that while she may have the scar, she could live with it. I asked them if the removal of the disfiguring scar in a 14-year old would be difficult for the child when the other kids made fun of her. Of course, they all nodded their head. I explained to the group that for folks like us, it is no different. While it may be cosmetic to a point, these procedures are essential to our well-being, and not something we are doing to be on a YouTube channel.   Now some who are trans, or gender fluid, may not want to opt for the procedures. There are quite a few of us that do, but the cost is prohibitive. What also clouds the issue are the surgeons who operate out of large medical centers who participate in the large insurance pools. How many of our sisters and brothers have had to pony up some major dollars to a surgeon who is out of network? Good luck trying to get the surgery paid for by your insurer. They may pay you what they pay the surgeons in network, but you won't get that much in reimbursement. A fair number of insurance companies balk at speech and voice therapy, and many will not cover voice surgery. Then there is the issue of electrolysis. A day at the "spa" for electrolysis with anesthetics will run around 3,000 bucks or so, and you may need many repeat visits. Many of the insurers fail to pay for that as well. Just about none of the insurers will cover body contouring procedures such as a panniculectomy, or liposuction. When the insurance companies will just help us become our truest selves, then we will have progress with gender identity laws.   The one good thing that this decision does is preserve the primary care for transgender individuals. I have to wonder how Florida and the rest of the states who have banned having Medicaid cover transgender healthcare are going to act. This should be an interesting fight. When we have the ability to seek care and get what we need for our true needs, without any pre-judgements, then these court orders will mean something. A court order without parameters for the insurance companies is hollow.
    • Mirrabooka
      @April MarieI just noticed that it's your birthday today! Happy Birthday to you!!!!!! 🥳🎂🎁🎉❤️
    • Mirrabooka
      Morning y'all, fingers crossed for everyone who has stuff going on.   Welcome back to reality @April Marie, enjoy your improving weather!   Why is it that we humans always take too long to acclimatize to the changing seasons, especially when it gets colder like it is here? Maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age, lol.    
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Speculation , worst or best case, neither.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      @RiyaHello and welcome. I also live in Ohio and it is a challenge but I applaud you for knowing pretty early on and becoming who you really are. Congratulations!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.