• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello. ^^

Guest Nathan

Hello,

My name is Nathan and I'm an FTM. ^^

I first realized I wanted to be a boy when I was around 6 or 7 years old, but pushed those feelings away for many years because I wanted to be "normal."

But those feelings came back about a year ago, but I didn't know anything about transgenders or stuff like that so I kept my feelings of wanting to be male to myself, but now I'm out as a FTM to some of my family and friends.

My mom and brother are beyond supportive, as well as many of my friends. But my dad thinks it's just a phase and isn't being supportive.

I'm still trying to explain to him that I'm a FTM (and that it's just not a phase), but he thinks I just need to "talk" (aka therapy) about it with someone and that it's weird for me to want to get chest surgery, which upsets me that he thinks me being transgendered is bizzare.

I'm still thinking about if I want to get a sex change when I'm older, but I know for sure that I'd really like to get chest surgrey.

I hope to be accepted into the forum and talk to some other FTM's and just other transgender people ingeneral. :)

Guest 91curiouskitten
Hello,

I first realized I wanted to be a boy when I was around 6 or 7 years old, but pushed those feelings away for many years because I wanted to be "normal."

But those feelings came back about a year ago, but I didn't know anything about transgenders or stuff like that so I kept my feelings of wanting to be male to myself, but now I'm out as a FTM to some of my family and friends.

My mom and brother are beyond supportive, as well as many of my friends. But my dad thinks it's just a phase and isn't being supportive.

I'm still trying to explain to him that I'm a FTM (and that it's just not a phase), but he thinks I just need to "talk" (aka therapy) about it with someone and that it's weird for me to want to get chest surgery, which upsets me that he thinks me being transgendered is bizzare.

I'm still thinking about if I want to get a sex change when I'm older, but I know for sure that I'd really like to get chest surgrey.

I hope to be accepted into the forum and talk to some other FTM's and just other transgender people ingeneral. :)

Hello and welcome, the Moderator staff here is great and the peopel are ever so friendly, with typing skills far superior to mine so I assure you you wont have to read much of the slaughtered alphabets I call spelling, Welcome, and please, enjoy your stay :)

Guest ~Brenda~

Welcome Welcome Welcome Nathan!!!!

Nathan, I am glad that you have joined us here at Laura's!!! You are now among people that totaly understand you and will help you!!!!

Come in here Nathan. You are safe now :)

Love

Brenda

Guest praisedbeherhooves
Hello,

Welcome to Laura's Playground! I'm sorry about your father. It really hurts to have someone calls your feelings a phase so there is no minimization of your pain here. Still, if he is not strongly against it in some sort of political, moral, or religious way he probably will come around. In the mean time, you will find a large amount of support here. People here truly understand others and this is probably one of the most accepting places on the Internet. People here will help you when you're down and cheer for you when you're up. I hope you enjoy this forum very much. :)

Guest SamIThinkIAm

Welcome to the fold bro :)

Sorry about your dad---my family is same way so I know where you're coming from. Don't worry tho---here at the playground we got your back---we're here for ya.

-Sam

Hello Nathan,

Welcome to the Laura's, I know how it feels to have someone that you care about dismiss your feelings and I know that you will find all of the support you could ever want here.

Your Mother and Brother being supportive is a really great thing so embrace that and your father may come around.

But I notice that there are two small details to be covered.

We are a moderated site so please take a minute to read the rules, there is a link at the top of every page, we like to keep it PG-13 for our young members and especially their parents.

Now the second thing is to invite you to come in, take one of the comfy chairs by the fire and I will bring you a cup of hot cocoa and some fresh from the oven Cinnamon Rolls - take a moment to hold the cup in both hands and bring it just under your nose feel that warmth, it isn't the cocoa it is the love and support of all of the wonderful members here at Laura's as they reach out to you.

Welcome to the family, Nathan

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin

Welcome to the Playground, Nathan!

I know you will find friends and support here. Please look around all the forums and you'll see people who have problems and concerns similar

to yours. Post your questions and comments and you will get answers, I promise.

Don't forget to check out the wonderful Chat Room too. Lots of great people and well trained Moderators there, and there is lots of fast

paced fun.

I know its really tough not having your dad;s support, but you still have support from your mother and brother, and that is a HUGE benefit. They

can work on your dad, and with your gentle encouragement, I'm sure he'll come around in time. Its a hard thing for parents to understand and

accept, and it usually just takes time and patience.

I hope you find all the answers you're looking for here.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean
Thank you, everyone! *hugs you all*

I'm excited to get to know you all more, and have some things I'm confused about answered.

I feel at home already!

That's because you are, Honey...

Even though I'm MTF and you're FTM....we all have a common background and goal..we can relate to each other very easily!

Welcome to the Playground....

It's so nice to have you with us!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest snow white

Hi Nathan,

<<curtsey>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have FTM meetings -Mon & Fri 8pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest sarah f

Welcome to Laura's Nathan. If you want to talk to others just like you than you came to the right place. There are plenty of us on the site willing to share our stories with you. Just keep on posting your questions and we will try to help.

Love,

Sarah F