• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Crossdressing Service Stores

Guest Amy LeBlanc

Guest Amy LeBlanc

Hello all:

Have not posted in a long time. Been busy with work alot. But one thing has been on my mind and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I was wondering if anyone knows of any type of crossdressing stores in Southern California where you can go and get help out with dressing up or anything like that. I have been trying to to look on the internet for a place and all I can find is places back east and 1 place up in San Francisco.

Hope to hear from you all later

Amy

• Admin

Hi, Amy. Nice to see you back here.

I haven't found a store per se, but I have had this link for a while for a glamour photographer in Studio

City, who will do a photo shoot, and the makeup and the whole deal.

http://www.transformationsbygina.com/

I don't have time right now to search for more, but I'm sure there are stores in Hollywood or West Hollywood.

I'll see what I can find when I get home and have more time to search.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Elizabeth K

I don't live in your area, dear, so I can't help much. Generally, your support groups in the area will know. You may want to email them. Also - most big department stores will help you if you go when they are not busy. I prefer to pay a realistic price - and not one that might be charged by a CD or TS specialty shop - but then its probably more fun to have someone who knows how and what, to help you out.

Hope this helps

OH - shoes hiint - google 'woman's shoes 12' or similar, if you want some on line services.

Lizzy

This was a question I asked of the ladies at the Crossdressers meeting Last night (about Seattle, not So Cal tho). I was disappointed not to find out anything. There are some things I really want to see before buying - would prefer to have a store available vs online shopping.

Do we need to start a chain ourselves?

Kat

• Admin

Amy, here is the only link that seems to fit what you are looking for. I suggest you try to call them before heading over that way, because they may not

even be in business any longer. Sounds like a nice place, though.

http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/retail...ryn-brinie/8309

My only other suggestion is to stroll around Hollywood Blvd. and Melrose Avenue and browse the stores. There are many, many boutiques and specialty

stores on both streets. You're sure to find some nice places with trans-friendly staff. The store where I got my wig is on Hollywood Blvd. and they were

just lovely folks to deal with.

Good luck, honey.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Amy LeBlanc

Thank you all for all your advice and sudjestions. For my normal job, I am a computer tech for a company that deals with point of sale systems and I know we have a few stores in Hollywood. So next time I have to go out to Hollywood for work, I will just walk down the Blvd. and see what stores I find.

Thank you all alot

Amy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Emeraude

Hi, Amy,

I have read about Lydia's TV Fashions in the LA area, but have never been there or talked to anyone who has. I think I saw it in Miss Vera's Cross-Dress for Success book. I've been on their website, and it sounds wonderful! Here's the link: http://lydiastv.tvheaven.com

I haven't been there myself, but I going to be in LA in May, and I plan on a makeover and a girls' night out. I can hardly wait!

Any of you girls been to Lydia's? I'd like to get some feedback on them before I go there. Particularly before I go out with their group. Actuallyl, I've never been to any kind of TG establishment before, never even gone out of the house dressed . . . you know, this is starting to sound a little scary!

--Emeraude

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 169 Guests (See full list)

• awkward-yet-sweet
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

jacobb
    Newest Member
    jacobb

1. BraxtonLee
      BraxtonLee
      (26 years old)
    2. Bryanna
      Bryanna
      (45 years old)
    3. Jayde1
      Jayde1
    4. Mireya
      Mireya
      (66 years old)
    5. Shellianne_Kay83
      Shellianne_Kay83
      (41 years old)
    • VickySGV
      As I read this one, it is only for school bathrooms.  I hope he has signed a bill to triple the number of "security monitors" on the campuses and up their pay considerably, not to mention some other costly stuff.  Only way is for every school employee, to know the birth certificate information of each student by memory which will require 3 additional months of salary for them all.  It appears the enforcement relies on parental reports obtained from their children which opens so much up.  The kids will end up ALL with wet or soiled underwear while the parents go at each other with weapons over "family honor" over false calls based on childish name calling. 
    • Davie
    • Davie
      Who says Harvard can't dance? This drag queen Harvard student knows her subject by heart and by voice!   IMG_2557.mov
    • Susan R
      I agree. This law is impractical and impossible to evenly enforce without such ridiculous measures in place. What it will do is stigmatize the trans community in Oklahoma and nothing more but ofc, that’s the only point of it.   If I was in that state and needed a restroom, there’s no chance I’d ever step foot in the men’s restroom because of some law. I know I’m not alone in that thinking. This law won’t stand the test of time.
    • Birdie
      I asked AI to create an image of myself 30 years younger based off my avatar on another site and this was the result:     Wow! I am amazed how close it got my 30 year old face!
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Quite true.  The amusing thing about opposites is how similar they can be.   My family left Greece because of the conflict between the communists and the militarists/fascists.  
    • Ivy
      This wouldn't even be a problem if they would just leave us alone.  It is a no-brainer.
    • Ivy
      OMG.  I'm glad it wasn't worse, and you were able to get on it quickly.  Lots of blood can be scary.
    • Ivy
      Like I said, I'm no tankie, but I do see a world of difference between Joseph Stalin and Bernie Sanders.   If the point is not wanting 'government control' the Right is pretty good at that themselves - as they've been demonstrating lately. This stuff gets complicated.
    • KatieSC
      So, I am curious. Is the Governor going to mandate vaginal or penile recognition photos before one enters the restroom? Considering the Governor has no balls to do the right thing, will he have to pee against a tree outside? Inquiring minds would like to know. I love it when the job recruiters contact me about the wonderful jobs available in Oklahoma. It is so much fun telling them there is no way I will ever go to Oklahoma. When there are no workers, then they can shutter the place.
    • Jet McCartney
      Ngl, probably Sonic the Hedgehog, the Beatles, or the Monkees. Those are the three subjects I know the most about so I could drop hours of info on them. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      Isaac Asimov, Albert Einstein and Robert Kennedy, in that order.
    • christinakristy2021
    • Ashley0616
      Thank you! I'm out of coffee so I have been drinking hot tea instead. Looking forward to the 1st. It's crazy that we are almost in May. This year has flown by really quick! Good to hear that y'all got to sleep in. Hope you have a good weekend too!
    • Ashley0616
      It's nice to care about others but you need to live your life as you please. No one be your only source of happiness. Love yourself and don't look back. I lost over 40 family members it hurts but apparently, they didn't truly love me. True love will always be there through the thick and thin. I can honestly say that HRT has made me think in ways that I never thought I would. I get myself some shoes or clothes every month because retail therapy not only helps but it is a reward to myself to show love. I have over 100 dresses. I have a whole walk-in-closet full of clothes and 67 pairs of shoes. I love who I am. I was born in 84 so not all people in the 80's think that way. As far as the name just take your time and be happy with it. I knew I loved the name Ashley. Take care and welcome!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.