• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi

Guest Jenn

Hi there! I'm Jenn from Maine. My significant other told me a few months ago that he is a crossdresser. I guess I'm here because I'm not sure what to do now and where we go from here. A big part of me is in denial and I'm not sure how to get beyond that. Any suggestions or support would be very much appreciated. :)

• Root Admin

Hello Jenn,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. I can understand your feelings of denial. It's a natural reaction that most SO's have on learning such news. You've got to ask yourself, is this something I can live with or is this something you feel is so disgusting that you can not live with it. If you feel that you can not live with this, it might be better if you walk away now before things get said and done that cause nothing but heartache. If you think that maybe you can come to accept this, you should sit down and talk with your SO. Find out what his intentions are. What does he want to do. How far does he intend to go with cross dressing. Tell him your thoughts and feelings. Compromise is going to be the name of the game. It's a situation of give and take and usually it turns out to be more give than take. I found this out in my own situation. Don't make any hasty decisions. Take your time and hopefully, you'll be able to work things out. It might be helpful to check out the Partners/SO of Transsexuals Transgender Forums. You might be able to get some ideas from what others have gone through. Good luck.

MaryEllen :)

Hi there! I'm Jenn from Maine. My significant other told me a few months ago that he is a crossdresser. I guess I'm here because I'm not sure what to do now and where we go from here. A big part of me is in denial and I'm not sure how to get beyond that. Any suggestions or support would be very much appreciated. :)

MaryEllen,

Thanks for the response and for being so understanding. I will check out the Partners/SO forums. I am not disgusted by the crossdressing at all and want to be able to accept it but I'm not quite at that point yet. My SO and I have done a lot of talking and he assures me that all he wants is to be able to crossdress once in awhile and doesn't want to do it all the time and does not want to pursue surgery. I don't want to make any hasty decisions and want to do the research and educate myself to figure out what this all means and how it will impact me and my SO. Thanks again for the response. it was helpful to know that my denial is a normal part of the process.

Guest Just_Call_Me_Nick

Hello there...just by doing research it seems you are pretty understanding and you care alot about your S/O...I really wish the best in your journey.

Nick~