• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Id Like To Offer My Help..

Guest Nothingbutpain

Guest Nothingbutpain

Pretty sure it may not be needed since you all are lovley ladies and gentalmen. This is for Females. I am here for help with helping my son with his other moms MTF transition thats not the point of this. I am offering my help in all things hair makeup and nails. My mother is a cosomotolgist so i have extra experience in this area! But me being the girl i am LOVE makeup. you name it i have tried it most expensive to cheapest things and i am willing to give advice and tips if you all want them if not thats ok too. Im pretty good with hair too even color my mom's and let me tell you after 30 years in the hair industry i was scared to learn how on her but she loves the job i do and she Let NOONE touch her hair ever but now she lets me! lol anyways ill let you all be the judge. i will put some of my makeup pictures on my gallery here in a few minutes. its just of what i did today but ill try to take pictures most days with different styles...Also i know some great online resourches for techniques for makeup!

Good morning Hun,,,,good on you re the offer of help/tips .

Make up can be a difficulty when starting out so all help

there is welcome ,,,,thanks,,luv,viv :)

Guest Elizabeth K

I need help with eyebrows! I let my electrolyis tech shape them - and they look good - but she said she can make them 'pop' by taking some off the top - ever heard of that? It permanent so I want to be careful.

Lizzy

Guest Nothingbutpain

Im not sure what she mean by top, my guess would be the top where eyebrow meet forhead and if you clean up and define that area it does make them pop. I know when i get mine waxed and they wax that part it looks so much cleaner and does infact make them stand out because there more defined without those little hairs that connect up into your forhead. does that make sense? I would be careful to if its permanent! ask her sometimes they talk to us like were supposed to know exactly what they are talking about i wouldnt agree to anything until she explain exactly how much she is taking off.

I need help with eyebrows! I let my electrolyis tech shape them - and they look good - but she said she can make them 'pop' by taking some off the top - ever heard of that? It permanent so I want to be careful.

Lizzy

Guest Elizabeth K
Im not sure what she mean by top, my guess would be the top where eyebrow meet forhead and if you clean up and define that area it does make them pop. I know when i get mine waxed and they wax that part it looks so much cleaner and does infact make them stand out because there more defined without those little hairs that connect up into your forhead. does that make sense? I would be careful to if its permanent! ask her sometimes they talk to us like were supposed to know exactly what they are talking about i wouldnt agree to anything until she explain exactly how much she is taking off.

Thank you - I will do that.

Lizzy

Oh dear ,,,my eyebrows look as though they were in a fight with

a bear ,,yikes !!!! major surgery required . Gonna do that beginning

of this May . viv :)

Guest Nothingbutpain

So since i just took off my makeup and washed my face, which i generally forget to do. I know not good. Anyways i just bought new wash clothes because my face is sensitive and i hate the feel of regular body wash clothes. the cheap thing i found that works great and feels really good is baby wash clothes the ones in the infant isle at target or even walmart just wash them before use i love them!

Guest BeckyTG

Thank you so much, we girls do need a lot of help in that department.

I'd encourage you to post in the "Male to Female" (MTF) Forum.

Welcome to the group.

Hugs,

Becky

Thank you for this wonderful offer - due to work obligations and a certain amount of fear since I am not out or supported in this I have not made that trip to the makeup counters in the department stores.

So if you would be so kind, I wold appreciate it if you would look at my image and when you have come up with any suggestions other than my just don't wear any I would appreciate it - I want as natural a look as possible and for some strange reason I am very proud of my hair color.

My images are in my gallery, I hope that you will take a look and helpme out if you can.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ~Brenda~

Dearest :)

Anyone who extends their hand to help in any way is a true friend.

Thank you.

Thank you for offering to help!!

HUGS

Brenda

Guest Nothingbutpain

Because i have been generally lazy today i didnt do my makeup, you will find im like this. Ha! but i am more than willing to help or even research products for you and like i said i have used alot. I hope you all had a good day and if you dont feel like talking to me out in the open You can PM me!

Well, I am trying to get over my shyness so here is what you have to work with - and I am very poor and have a lot of allergies!

Here I am!

You can see I need help badly!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Nothingbutpain

I have LOTS of allergies too. Revlon age defying works the best it goes on smooth and is comparable to the high end foundation, I'm allergic to most mascaras and honestly the only one that doesn't bug my eyes is cover girl the cheap pink and green brand it also works great if you put on two coats one right after the other it makes the affect that you have fake eye lashes on without the extra work! Your eyes you could do anything! i would stay away from pinks though they will wash you out unless its a subtle pink you said you wanted natural so i would go with browns they will pull out your eyes a light green or even purple will really make them pop for days that you want to have more fun! Hard candy that they sale in most walmarts now has a good eye primer i recommend you might have to buy a pallet of color to get it but its worth it and you only need alittle this will reduce creasing and let the color stay on longer. I use urban decay primer potion for my eyes which is 18 bucks a tube and i used the hard candy one and i couldn't tell the difference. with a neutral eye if you do like pink you could do a pink lipstick to make that pop! blush is one I'm not big on i don't like it much but if you do i would start off light and see what you like even if you get a light pink or blush color one you can add more or less to get the effect you want!

Well, I am trying to get over my shyness so here is what you have to work with - and I am very poor and have a lot of allergies!

Here I am!

You can see I need help badly!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Nothingbutpain

Also bottom line is whatever color you like is what you use! to hell with everyone else if you like it why not! No matter what colors you like you can make it work with blending and shading! Just remember your all Beautiful!

Thanks,

I will try those out - I am a bit shaky in application but that should get better with practice.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

OHHhhhhh.....

Thanks for the link! I love that!

Very good tutorials and step by step instructions...

My wife taught me make up application and I do pretty well, but, I need some variety in my looks...

HUGG!

Donna Jean

Guest KellyKat

Hi there!! Thanks so much for that link above!! Will be spending some time there for sure. Thanks also for your willingness to help with makeup - I'm in 'no man's' land there. lol groan

Can you tell what would be a nice starter kit for someone with no experience and a limited income? I am not out and just wanting to learn and prepare for the day that I am. I do have a small Color Workshop travel kit with eye shadow, blush, and lipstick. I just feel overwhelmed looking at all these products online. I don't know where to start or what I need.

Same goes for skin cleansers and makeup removers.

Luv Kat :)

Guest Nothingbutpain

Revlon i for foundation i swear by it. if you have sensitive skin i would maybe try Almay but i have sensitive skin and dont react to revlon. They are about the same cost as others and even cheaper then other drug store brands if you want high end MAC foundation ROCKS! MAC in general rocks. I have tried all kinds of mascara and i keep coming back to cover girl because i have sensitive eyes and its the only thing that really works for me. Eyeliner i like ones that go on smooth i dont necessarily like just the pencil and some you buy and they are a booger to put on because they are to hard tipped i like http://www.walmart.com/ip/L-Oreal-Infallib...240-Mg/10997183 one like this L'Oreal has the best eyeliner in my opinion but again its up to you. I also like liquid liner it goes on smoother but the actual pencil you can smudge and play with. I use MAC liquid liner and i like it but its honestly just the same as the cheap stuff at a regular drug store. I suggest to anyone to have a pallet of colors like this :http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/1677_122/88-piece-makeup-palette.cfm these guys are cheap for all the colors you get and then you can really play around and see what you like! So in general a starter kit you need foundation maybe even concealer mascara eyeliner even in some fun colors and range of colors to try, once you see what you like then buying things will be easier you will know what exactly you look best in and what to do with it.

Hi there!! Thanks so much for that link above!! Will be spending some time there for sure. Thanks also for your willingness to help with makeup - I'm in 'no man's' land there. lol groan

Can you tell what would be a nice starter kit for someone with no experience and a limited income? I am not out and just wanting to learn and prepare for the day that I am. I do have a small Color Workshop travel kit with eye shadow, blush, and lipstick. I just feel overwhelmed looking at all these products online. I don't know where to start or what I need.

Same goes for skin cleansers and makeup removers.

Luv Kat :)

Guest Donna Jean

Another great source of learning makeup for me was Elizabeth K.....

When we got together last September I was totally amazed at her total grasp of makeup application and going for a "natural" look...

And it was the first time that I understood that there is a daytime look and look for evening!

I learned a lot from her that I still use in application.....

Thank you, Lizzy, Dear!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Nothingbutpain

So i added new pictures...Finally. If you have any questions you can always message me! if i dont know ill research it! i have some time since im unemployed! But i do have a little boy im taking care of and somedays are way to busy and i wish i was at work then i would get a break!

PS dont mind my eyebrows since my ex told me they were to bushy i got them done last night after these pictures were taken! She seems to be more vocal these days :P Good for me!

Guest Elizabeth K
Another great source of learning makeup for me was Elizabeth K.....

When we got together last September I was totally amazed at her total grasp of makeup application and going for a "natural" look...

And it was the first time that I understood that there is a daytime look and look for evening!

I learned a lot from her that I still use in application.....

Thank you, Lizzy, Dear!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Thank you dear Donna Jean - and I have been learning here! GREAT advice!

Thank you! NBP (I wish I had a better name from you! Gosh)

Lizzy