• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transgirl Suspended From School For Dressing As A Girl

Guest AshleyRF

Guest AshleyRF

As many of you know, I've been really involved in this case. I thought I would share the one news story that was run about it. Keep in mind that this is the same school that has currently been in the national news for canceling it's prom because a lesbian girl wanted to bring her girlfriend.

http://www.wtva.com/news/local/story/Schoo...t4jOCXDpng.cspx

This girl needs all the support she can get. Her friend Constance (the lesbian involved in the prom incident) has gotten national attention while here this poor girl sits, still out of school for over a month now.

Shocking way to treat anybody , but students ???. Goes to

show you Ashley ,, the cup cake"s are still there -hiding in the

corner shining their jackboots ,,,viv .

Guest Donna Jean

Ash.....

That school is sure getting a lot of attention!

You'd think that they'd want things to cool off somewhat.

Obviously there are a lot of diverse kids there...too bad that the school can't try to accommodate everyone!

*sigh*

Donna Jean

Guest Ryles_D

OERGH! Get the pronouns right! >(

And that's so not fair, she's very pretty, you can barely tell unless some jerk draws attention to it! That's not my favorite style on a girl, but it works with her.

Guest Skylar

I had no clue about this story. Kinda funny how the media only portrays one side of it. That school really needs to learn acceptance and tolerance. I mean you can't please everybody, yeah, but you should let your students feel comfortable in their own bodies and allow them to wear the clothing that lets them. I understand if it was a really super short skirt or something like that but it's messed up that a transgender girl can't even feel comfortable going to school. I really hope that something is done with the members of the school board. They are showing nothing but ignorance to the LGBT community and they definitely aren't protecting their students.

-Sky

Guest Elizabeth K

Well - they are consistant with their closed mindedness! They should realize how this gives Mississippi another black eye! Being from Louisiana, I know how Southern Bashing can get really nasty! But - someday, the sun will shine equally on all of us, not just the 'nose in your business' Christians and bigots.

And I do know its just a few who make the whole area seem backward.

DANG!

Maybe Nisson shoulda built their billion dollar plant in Illinois instead of Canton.

Lizzy

I'm really glad to hear their administration has moved away from focussing on trivial topics like educating to spend more time on critical national-news-worthy issues.

Guest Ryles_D
I'm really glad to hear their administration has moved away from focussing on trivial topics like educating to spend more time on critical national-news-worthy issues.

I know! Just the other day I was thinking "You know, school officials spend too much time doing their jobs and trying to teach the future of this country things they actually need to know. They should really take a break from that in favor of getting in the news." Jeez- what did they think? Problems like illiteracy and drop outs are more important than making sure everyone thinks exactly like the school board does? I'm sure glad we've got that straightened out!

Guest praisedbeherhooves
As many of you know, I've been really involved in this case. I thought I would share the one news story that was run about it. Keep in mind that this is the same school that has currently been in the national news for canceling it's prom because a lesbian girl wanted to bring her girlfriend.

http://www.wtva.com/news/local/story/Schoo...t4jOCXDpng.cspx

This girl needs all the support she can get. Her friend Constance (the lesbian involved in the prom incident) has gotten national attention while here this poor girl sits, still out of school for over a month now.

This is sickening. How dare they govern the fashions of their students and discriminate on their gender orientation! I'll try to get the word out. Unfortunately, I don't see what else I can do.

In a completely misguided way, they probably think they're helping their students make better life decisions, or some such thing like that.

Guest Ryles_D
In a completely misguided way, they probably think they're helping their students make better life decisions, or some such thing like that.

They're probably just covering their backsides- making sure that the parents don't complain about their precious, good christian students being exposed to "those people" as if it were acceptable!

i my self like how the girls dressed like boys didnt get sent home a golden example of the social stigma attached to boys wearing girls clothes vs girls wearing boys clothes

Sakura

Guest Donna Jean
i my self like how the girls dressed like boys didnt get sent home a golden example of the social stigma attached to boys wearing girls clothes vs girls wearing boys clothes

Sakura

Yeah......

I hear ya there, Honey...

Nice thing to teach....

Donna Jean

Guest AshleyRF

It's all just insane. And I'm the one who gets to hear how hurt this girl is because no one seems to care about her and everyone just loves the little cute lesbian girl. ARG!!!!!! I could just scream!!!! I'm so mad over this. I'm writing letters to anyone I can think of that would even be wiling to just give this girl a makeover or anything to make her feel special and that people actually do care about her.

You all know very well how bad our self esteem is anyway.... now put yourself in her place and have no one care about your story but the cute lesbian is all over the place.... I just hope she knows I care about her and doesn't do something stupid. She doesn't strike me as someone who would do anything to herself, but you never know.

Guest Natalie92

Things like this make me sick. Yeah, I know that people are hateful, and they will find some other group to hate after it's no longer socially acceptable to hate someone based on their gender identity. But it still makes me absolutely nauseous. Mississippi is at the top of every list you don't want to be on: obesity, dscrimination, LACK of education quality so why should I find it surprising that they are the ones to do this?

Natalie Alexis

Guest ScifiComicDUDE

ridiculous....so a group of girls came dressed as boys , in protest yet they didnt get the same reaction...

this is double standardness & sexist at its best...