• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi From A Newby

Guest washougal

Guest washougal

Hi everyone,

I just found this site the other day and this is my first time posting. I am really glad I found it. I don't really know what I am gender wise right now. I mean i am biologically female, but I think that i probably shouldn't be. I guess i just haven't been able to accept that fact that I am different than what my body looks like. I don't really know that much about trans people since i grew up in a fairly conservative rural area. I do remember though when I was in 5th grade and found out about intersexed people from an article int he New York Times. That was the first time I knew there was anything besides girl and boy. For quite a while after reading the article I wondered if I had been born intersexed and my parents had chosen the wrong gender for me. I never have had the courage to ask them though, so i still don't know. I guess right now the only category i fit in is confused. I also feel like I don't have any options, because i am currently in college and competing in a Division 1 varsity sport as a female. I guess this has made me feel like I don't have a choice so I have been trying to ignore the messed up feelings I have about my body.(this hasn't really worked though). In almost all of my dreams I am a man and I still wish my breasts were gone, even though they aren't very big and wish that I could have surgery to have them changed to look like a guys chest. I have been reading on this site and it has helped me a lot. I didn't know there were gender therapists. I should probably go to one, but i don't feel like I'm ready. I have never really talked about this before.

Sorry for the long and somewhat rambling post, but i just wanted to tell everyone a little about me.

washougal

• Root Admin

Hi Washougal,

Welcome to Laura's Playground and thank you for sharing your story with us. Even though you say you're reluctant to see a gender therapist, it would benefit you greatly if you did. It will help clear up a lot of confusion that you have. Don't be afraid to ask questions. That's why we're here. To give help and support. Good luck.

MaryEllen :)