• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

*waves Hands Wildly* Hey! Meeee!

Guest Melanie Dawn

Guest Melanieshaman

OK, not trying to sleeper myself too much, but I wanted to let people know i just posted a long though on my blog about the Duality of TGs. It's the first real intelligent post i have made since it began. :P SO, if you're interested please stop by and leave a comment. I don't get much traffic right now, but i am trying to keep it remotely interesting.

My Blizzogg!

Melanie

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, Mel......

Honey, I loved the crow and butterfly anology.....very well put.

Gee, you have all sorts of things going on in that head of yours, don't you?

That's cool.....we all do!

I enjoyed it....

LOVE

Donna Jay

Guest Melanieshaman
Hey, Mel......

Honey, I loved the crow and butterfly anology.....very well put.

Gee, you have all sorts of things going on in that head of yours, don't you?

That's cool.....we all do!

I enjoyed it....

LOVE

Donna Jay

Ya, it's just hard to express everything. But i do try.

Huggers

Melanie

• Admin

Melanie, I think you blog entry is lovely and well written.

It really tells much about what you feel, and what your goals are. I liked it a lot.

Keep on blogging, Girlfriend.

Carolyn Marie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 132 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • Mmindy
    • April Marie
    • MaryEllen
    • VickySGV
    • SamC
    • ClaireBloom
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Mikayla2024
    Newest Member
    Mikayla2024

1. DaveMK
      DaveMK
    2. Heidi45
      Heidi45
      (46 years old)
    3. Jordy
      Jordy
      (42 years old)
    4. stella
      stella
      (61 years old)
    • April Marie
      Very cute!!!
    • Mmindy
      Yes I do... Creating/Building handcrafted gifts for family and friends using wood or metal. Camping and all the things you think could go with that, hiking, fishing, hunting, bird watching, meeting new people, and music festivals. Bluegrass, Folk, Americana. Seeing new parts of the world, and historical locations. Star gazing.   My father use to say he didn't trust anyone that didn't have at least to vises. I'm not so worried about your vises, however I don't think anyone should have less than two hobbies.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      Congratulations @LoreleiI hope it works out for you.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • KathyLauren
      We were not allowed to use calculators in high school.  Even if we could afford one, $80 (in 1970 dollars!) would only get you a four-function calculator, so it would have been pointless anyway.  Everything was slide rules and longhand.  Being a math nerd, that was no hardship for me.   When my brothers and I were cleaning out my father's house after he passed, I found a couple of slide rules in his wife's desk.  I appropriated them and still have them, my own having been foolishly tossed years ago.  
    • Carolyn Marie
      That is lovely, Charlize.  Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, and congrats on your "anniversary."  It's always been the little things that make me happiest about being a woman outwardly, and I'm glad that it's the same for you.  Getting older can sometimes be unpleasant and difficult, but we who transitioned later in life can appreciate the changes transition has brought us, as much as, or perhaps more than, someone who transitioned young.    HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Mmindy
      Hugs @MaeBeIt's normal to loose sleep after losing a job. Then you compound that with your anticipated move across the country and transitioning. I'm surprised you're getting any sleep. I'm also sure your wife does since any anxiety you're experiencing. I don't know if you're using online counseling or not, but it might be a good idea to keep in touch with your therapist via video until you locate a local therapist in your new community once you've moved.    It's okay to feel lost or detached while you're in the moving/job hunting process.   I'm excited for you and your new opportunities.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Carolyn Marie
      I would like to mention that I participated in this study today and completed a one hour interview with Mr. Davenport.  He had a lot of really excellent questions and was very nice.  I think he learned a lot from me, and I enjoyed talking with him.   Carolyn Marie
    • Charlize
      4 years ago after 63 years as a man my wife asked me what i wanted for my 64th birthday. I told her that i wanted her to come with me to the mall to get my ears pierced. That was our first trip out together as a pair of females. I think she felt so many of the fears i had felt for years when i'd dress and enter the world as myself. We did it and the sky didn't fall on us. I was walking on air, finally myself and in the world with the woman i love.      4 years have passed now. "He" is no longer presenting himself anywhere. He is not gone. 63 years of him dominating my life leaves many marks, many of which i still enjoy. He will always be part of me. The world now sees a much different person. I am still adjusting to the reactions of others. At the farm newcomers coming for lumber from the sawmill seem amazed when i come out to greet them. The "Your Charlize!" statements hold an incredulity i enjoy. When it comes to moving wood i am relegated to a much lighter load. No complaints form this older gal about that. It's fun to see the guys showing off a bit for my benefit but i wonder if they know how those boards got there to start? Mmmm being female brings up many interesting views i had not noticed before. Seeing the world from two sides is a privilege that compensates for the ignorance of the haters who simply can't understand. Speaking of that i wonder at how much different i might have been in a fully accepting world. Adversity does give perspectives not otherwise seen. I've found that in several aspects of my life.    Anyway 68 is great so far.    It's been very hot for this time of year here in NJ. Yesterday i was wearing a knee length jean skirt and nice red top when i went out to grab a pizza. Yea, we had a pizza party with my family. It was lovely. As i left the pizzeria with the pies in hands a gentleman ran to open the door for me. I looked at him to thank him and noticed his gaze seemed glued to my legs only looking up to smile when he heard my thanks. Ahhhh it's lovely to be a 68 year old hottie.     At 76 i'm still a happy young lady.  Men still smile and so do the women i meet at the store.  Life blesses me as the earth travels on another trip around the sun.  I am finding a peace with myself and the world that seemed impossible at 62.     Hugs,   Charlize
    • Vidanjali
      Thank you, @Betty K. You did very well in all respects. Please take care of your mental well-being, dear. Digging so deeply into this is bound to affect your inner peace. Don't let it stick to you, if you can. Much love. 
    • BobbiSkunk
      Last night was salmon (on a cedar plank?) and lima beans!  Kind of simple, but I needed that.   ...   Please, if anyone has tasty fish recipes share them?  Also, not sure why the salmon came with a small cedar plank to cook it on, was just looking to try something new.  >.>
    • Karen Carey
      Where am I?   I now have the answer.   A short recap. Having been diagnosed with gender dysphoria last year, at the age of 79, I started an initial dose of HRT in December. My psychiatrist suggested that it was likely to affect me in one of three ways. Firstly, that oestrogen was not right for me and to discontinue it; secondly that it might push me down the road to transition; thirdly that it might temper the dysphoria such that there would be no need to seek further transition. I felt a mix of wanting two and three, but with social transitioning (outside the family) terrifying me.    The first four months produced mild physical and mental changes that I have talked about before, and seem to be common. I felt that the HRT was easing me down the path to transitioning, encouraged by an Endo who was keen to hear of my progress with name-change and coming out further. (This on the assumption that I wanted to increase the HRT. I did not.)   Then, something strange happened.  In April I started reading @SallyStone’s chapters of her life (Sally’s Trans World, a wonderful read).  She made me think hard, and in a slightly different way from before. A switch clicked off.  It was 15th April when the desire to transition left me. Of course, the dysphoria has not wound back to zero.  I still love the feminine, admire the feminine form, and dressing as a woman. But, the urge to transition has gone.  The fear that I may regress just as suddenly is now easing. The result is a much more relaxed me.   My psychiatrist is very pleased (as am I) with the effect that HRT has had on me, and while recognising that GD is still his diagnosis, he recommends staying on the low dose. My GP is delighted that I am not proceeding any further with transition from a medical perspective. For me, the small physical effects that I am experiencing are outweighed by the mental benefits.   I write this to give a different perspective on the value of low-dose HRT. It may help those with GD who are uncertain about transitioning.   Thanks for reading.   Karen  
    • Lydia_R
      Wow!  I just have a banana bread in the bread machine right now.  It's coming out in an hour!!   Yes, I've been making a rye bread lately that I slice thinly and toast.  It reminds me of those rye crisp crackers that I used to eat at the greyhound races in high school.  My dad and his brother were crazy about the greyhound races.  I was more into the crackers and butter.
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Wishing to be a normal guy
    • MaeBe
      Another night of lost sleep, the coffee is required. This time my anxiety wasn't about my gender it was about failing to get a job and the craziness we've barely even started working toward moving across the country. My wife must sense my unease, because she tends to wake me up after I've finally gotten back to sleep. :D
    • Lydia_R
      At peace with myself?  Definitely.  I always thought life would get better for me as time passes and it does.  I've learned to dance and sing while doing the dishes and I feel if I can be happy doing that, I can be happy doing almost anything.  I've gone from living on $5/day for years to making $3,200 for an hour of work.  Money doesn't mean much to me personally, but I enjoy paying bills and I love tracking my money and other things.  I'm far from rich (I averaged $33,000/year over 35 years of working), but I have excellent skills.  My personal happiness/success is based on the things I do in my environment.   Am I at peace at work or with others?  Certainly not.  Working with others is always a struggle.  I've always enjoyed being in my workshop.  I'm an artisan like that.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.