• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What's Your Girl Style?

Guest ricka

Guest Melanie Dawn

but what i currently wear. i want to get into the more punkish/goth look though.

i guess i'm just one of those people.

that's my preferred style, but most goth clothing is not plus sized, and I can't afford most of it anyway...

Melanie Dawn

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tracy_j

• -Kandy

• Carolyn Marie

Guest Aviannè_Annabella

I like skinny jeans, long skirts, or sundresses, and several types of tops including light buttonup sweaters in bright colors, tanks, long and short sleeve form fit tees and turtlenecks... oh and I LOOOOVE stockings, thighhighs and the like.

Mainly a jeans and t-shirt or blouse kind of girl for everyday. I have a few dresses and skirts that I will wear when going out on weekends and a couple of very nice outfits for those special occasions. I will also often wear a skirt and blouse when we are just lounging around at home. We live in a rural country area and you usually don’t see many women wearing dresses unless it is for a social event. Also as an older type of person I don’t want to wear something that is way out of my age range. I mainly just want to blend in.

One positive thing is that my girl clothes fit me better than my male clothes ever did. I am rather short at five four and could never find pants that fit unless I had them altered. I found that a petite size 8 or 10 jean fits me better than any male pants I have ever worn. I still have to pretend to be a male at work but I now only wear my girl jeans and have actually had comments that I really am looking healthy now by co-workers. Sense I started to transition I have had comments from co-workers and friends that I look twenty years younger and much happier.

And you know what? They are right!

Mia

Guest penumbra

I just wanted to add, that since I am an Industrial punk goth I love wearing lots of metal along with my leathers and silks. Chains, Spikes, studs (on the clothes and belts and boots) I have plenty of metal in my face ATM *giggles*

Particular style. Longsleeve black thermal shirt topped with my black jacket with studded epaulets. A 3-row studded belt. A loose kneed-length black skirt. My favorite pair of “Nightmare Before Christmas” Thigh-high stockings. And my very lovely pair of demonica knee-high 6 buckled steel-toed boots. 2 titanium loop and barring earrings, 2 Titanium skull stud earrings, 2 pair of platinum and ruby earrings, a pair of “snakebite” titanium piercing, and a spiked labret piercing. I am working on getting 2 Titanium Industrial piercings and a Titanium tongue ring.

I am also working on making some stainless steel chain mail accessories (necklaces, bracelets, bracers, armbands, anklets, bra’s , bikini bottoms, cods, and random chain mail fetish wear.) All stuff I did at bondage conventions. Rawr!

I also make silver and turquoise Native American jewelry as part of my heritage, though I don’t practice it too often. I do have a nice selection of turquoise such as green, yellow, and white turquoise which you usually never see on the markets, but they are stunning. Silver I usually prefer to antique. Goes great with a hippie get-up!

• 3 weeks later...

My style is kind of girl next door mixed with mild punk. Skinny/bootcut/flare jeans normally in dark colord but not always, leggings with jean shorts, tunic tops, tees, stylish sweatshirts and over-tops, stripes, plaid, dark or neutral colors mostly, converse sneakers, uggs, or these pinstrip slip on shoes I'm madly in love with, the occasional flippy floppys dangle earrings of a decent but not big size, not thick but noticeable eyeliner, light brown eyeshadow and a neurtal beige color for my lips (the combination looks great with my bottled brown hair and blue eyes). Hair slightly past my shoulders although I want it further by another 3 inches or so, I have a few tank tops but I normally wear those with layers, thin strapped tops like camisoles but those I normally wear with a tank top or again layers, dark but not neutral or black nails or french nails, and I sometimes wear my old boy tops that are tight or neutral enough to be a "boyfriend shirt" type shirt.

Guest Pamela Kim

My girl style is casual .... slacks and a nice top...when I dress up it is in a work wardrobe, usually a blue or black pencil skirt and a patterned top.

I am hoping to be Pam full time some day and have a full time job as Pam, so I when I dress like I would at work I am practicing my future.

Guest ChloëC

I always liked fitted, tailored outfits, white slightly frilly blouses or shirts, skirts (short or long), and boots with the longer ones. I love boots. Or chic dresses, dark. I always liked the fall and winter fashion catalogs much more than the spring/summer until this year. And this summer I've been wearing tanks or patterned tees and skirts or shorts, sandals, no hose, and saying to myself, what have I been missing! And losing some weight, I've always liked tight jeans, but knew I didn't look right until this past month. It's fun to try different styles and find one that really makes you feel good about yourself.

Hugs

Chloë

Guest KimberlyF

I don't know...this stuff makes me feel so stupid at times.

I know I couldn't convince myself that I wasn't TS the past few decades. But I could be the girl inside who didn't need other people to recognize me for who I was or act on it. So my whole life has been like buy a skirt, toss a skirt, buy a skirt, toss a skirt. I'd get dressed, go near a mirror and want to puke.

Now since I started moving forward I keep wanting to take things a little further.

A few weeks ago I posted about wearing panties to the doctor's office and having to pee and freaking out a bit. Since then I'm wearing the full-time and don't think I'll ever stop. I do have pjs that are a plaid pastel print that I think are amazingly cute. Don't know what kinda style that would be. I've always loved girly-girls clothes but I feel old and think that ship has left the dock.

Kim

Guest Donna Jean

Don't know what kinda style that would be. I've always loved girly-girls clothes but I feel old and think that ship has left the dock.

Kim

Kim, Hon......

I'm 60 and I know my limitations...

When I go out I wear age appropiate clothes...

But, at home I'm as girly as it gets...

After all, we have a lot of catching up to do....right?

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K

No

That ship has come in. As a woman-child you have to make up for your lost girlhood. It is okay to go back to nine years old and come forward, and is actually what my therapist recommended. She said peel off all those 'male' layers you have used to try and hide that little girl within you, and work your way back to the present.

And yes - you might freak a bit now and then - but after a while you realize very few people look at you close enough to see what you are wearing, and then only a glance. I threw away my male underwear over five years ago. I wear women's trouser socks instead of men's crew socks. I have always kept my toenails painted and its fun to change colors for the seasons. And I wear an ankle bracelet all the time.

I told people I am Native American Indian (actuelly true - 1/4) and said the turquoise jewelry I wear is Native American. So they are accustomed to my long black hair put in a pony tail, bound by a turquoise band to match my necklace and bracelt. After a while, they just think it is weird when I DON"T have on my jewelry (True story - took it off to shower, forgot it one day and everyone commented).

And in the winter I wear scarves - they are plain, and look kinda like a muffler - but they are women's scarves. FUNNY - guys at work stated wearing bead necklaces (like the hippie days) and scarves to work! TREND SETTER!

So you go to place in your life where you begin to wear clothing that is gender appropriate to your mindset - and in tune with your soul.

Makes you a better person!

Lizzy

Kim, Hon......

I'm 60 and I know my limitations...

When I go out I wear age appropiate clothes...

But, at home I'm as girly as it gets...

After all, we have a lot of catching up to do....right?

Donna Jean

I think fashion knows no age, wear what you want regardless of your age. Of course some limitations may apply, like no tube tops or daisy dukes, but those look bad on anyone regardless of age :P

I'm pretty casual unless I have a meeting for work or if my partner and I go to dinner. I do like shirt dresses and calf length boots. And dark eyeshadow is the way forward, I hate pink/neutral colours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually find dressing more tomboyish helps me pass better as a girl than dressing really femme. I typically wear simple jeans and a cute tank top, very little make-up, and flat shoes, NO heels. Dressed that way I have NEVER gotten "sir"ed. Wearing a skirt or a dress on the other hand used to get me clocked all the time, although i'm starting to go back that direction. Don't get me wrong, I adore girly girly stuff, but I just somehow feel more comfortable in the girl-next-door, simple look.

I recently had a conversation with a friend of a fiend that reminded me of this post. He is a gay bartender/promoter at several gay clubs around town. He'd been around LOTS and LOTS of Drag Queens, many of whom are also trans, and have gone through the full transition, including SRS. When I told him I would soon be getting my surgery, he kept asking what other surgeries I was getting (breasts, face, silicone injections) and kept offering me the hook-up on wigs, make-up, fabulous dresses and ways into drag shows. He was shocked when I explained no I wasn't into looking all glamorous and sparkly (Maybe on a special occasion) but for exeryday, all I wanted to do was walk into that big dancefloor full of twenty-something femme lesbians and disappear. I want to blend in, look like all the other girls. It blew his mind, but he loved it.

Guest Donna Jean

He was shocked when I explained no I wasn't into looking all glamorous and sparkly (Maybe on a special occasion) but for exeryday, all I wanted to do was walk into that big dancefloor full of twenty-something femme lesbians and disappear. I want to blend in, look like all the other girls. It blew his mind, but he loved it.

Gee, Hon.....

I gotta say...that's exactly what I want, too!

Imagine that!

Donna Jean

Guest sophie scotcd

I would say my style developed from my early days,wearing my mothers clothes.A lot of my style comes from her(Can imagine her face if i told her that :lol:)),I like to think im a classy dresser,although in my early life as Sophie post divorce 2001 I wore mini skirts,low cut tops etc but these days I love softknit sweaters and cardigans,silk blouses,pencil skirts,hose and heels,and nice dresses.I dress age appropriate,but please dont call me mature LOL

HUGS Sophie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AuroraStarr

I'm a raver girl =D

Being big into the club scene, I really like outlandish bright looking clothes. Ruffled skirts, leg warmers, sometimes dresses, brightly colored socks.. I'm also working on making some of my own clothes and accessories, and working on integrating lights and other things into outfits. Looks crazy, but very awesome when going out for stuff.

Outside of that, things that are casual and scene girl-ish are great as well. More than anything I like to be creative with outfits though!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest little_sephy

Hmm...i'm a total fan for japanese inspired clothing or anything that really stands out as colorful or flashy. I just adore styles like rave, lolita, emo, etc. The stuff is just so awesome!!

• 1 year later...
Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I guess my girl style is "Girl Next Door".

I wear jeans a lot and pair it up with cute tops, usually a little low cut. T-shirts if the weather is okay, tank tops and spaghetti strap tanks if it's hot out or I want to get rid of my farmer tan. I found silver looks better than gold on me so I wear silver jewelry. Neckalce, bracelet, 4 rings (2 on each hand) and either stud or hoop earrings. Not heavy makeup but enough to where I think I look good and of course I have acrylic nails with a french manicure.

I don't wear heels because of my height and my job. I don't do skirts or dresses because of my job..and I'm totally okay with that.

Guest otter-girl

At the monent it's skinny jeans, ballet pumps, and a nice top. l'm on the lookout for a nice soft jumper. soft styles are my thing I think.

Rachel