• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Size

Guest tori319

Guest tori319

I wear a size 11 shoe and I'm 5'9 am I to big and can I expect any change in height or shoes size.Oh and what size will I wear in women shoes

Tori hon,

Woman's sizes are approximately 2 sizes larger than mens so an 11 men's = 13 woman's

Generally your shoe size will not change much on hormones, but i have heard of some losing a size, in almost 2 years on hormones i still am at a size 11 woman's shoe, heels you may have to go up a size.

Paula

Guest Donna Jean
I wear a size 11 shoe and I'm 5'9 am I to big and can I expect any change in height or shoes size.Oh and what size will I wear in women shoes

Honey............

Your height is based on your skeleton....

That will not change at all.....

And as Paula says, shoe size may.....

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

A great deal of shoe size is also determined by the shape of your foot - the length of your toes, the length of the metatarsal bones.

The ratios of the lengths of the different bones cause a difference in the shape of male and female feet - the change is not drastic but in my case, I have never owned a truly comfortable pair of men's shoes in my life - the 13 seems to be a little better but it rubs the side of my arch very badly - I put on a women's shoe size 13 and it fits - no more arch pain.

Because my foot has a more feminine shape I have been force to wear longer men's sizes and that makes the women's size the same.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

Shoes? You need to try shoes on to see. You foot shape is what determines which woman's size you wear - for example - I wear a 13 men's AND 13 womans.

I can sometimes wear a men's 12 - and I can sometimes wear a woman's 12 D

And the type of shoe and the brand also make a difference. I have on a womaen's 12 W leather Klogs - and a 13 would be too large.

Hope this helps

Guest Donna Jean
Is 5'9 to tall?

Not at all........

Lots of women are in that height range....

I really don't think that is a bad height for a woman at all....

Just check out some of the women here...

Many, many over 6'.............

But, they pass beautifully!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Is 5'9 to tall?

I am 5'8", there are many that are over 6' and pass just fine, look around next time you are out women come in all shapes and sizes.

Paula

Guest Donna Jean
I am a nudge under 6'2" - I don't have any problems passing. There are women taller than I am - it's in the attitude.

Lizzy

See, Tori?

That's what I was telling you.....Lizzy passes beautifully...it's not the height or even the size...

50% of it is your presentation and the other 95% is attitude!.........(?)

Huggs

Donna Jean

Tori, I would love to be 5'9" again but those days slipped away with my youth - I am 6'4" and no one seems to care!

When Lizzy and I first met I was so happy not just to meet her (which was just an amazing thrill) but I also thought that I had shrunk a bit because we were looking at each other eye to eye and I knew she was 2 inches shorter than me!

That part of the thrill went away when I realized that she was wearing a 2" heel and I was wearing my favorite ballet flats.

Th thrill of meeting Donna Jean was accompanied by a question, I was wondering if I had let her get to the top of the stairs when I hugged her - she had but I thought she was at least one step down!

We made things as difficult as possible for passing when we met - the two if us well over 6' and Donna Jean standing between us at 5'7" - no one noticed, we were just three ladies out shopping, having dinner and enjoying the girl's night out.

It is mostly attitude!

5'9" is pretty close to average around here.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K
See, Tori?

That's what I was telling you.....Lizzy passes beautifully...it's not the height or even the size...

50% of it is your presentation and the other 95% is attitude!.........(?)

Huggs

Donna Jean

UMMMMMM

50 percent plus 95 percent...

carry the 15, multiply by 100 and... uhhhh

{I can tell you are a girl! You don't undersand simple algebra*!!!}

Lizzy

* Undergarment left damp too long - with green stuff growin on it?

UMMMMMM

50 percent plus 95 percent...

carry the 15, multiply by 100 and... uhhhh

{I can tell you are a girl! You don't undersand simple algebra*!!!}

Lizzy

* Undergarment left damp too long - with green stuff growin on it?

But she can count to 22 if she takes her shoes off!

I'm sorry Dee Jay, that was an old joke but you do have to realize we have a new audience!

Confidence is a major key - if you seem to be worried or looking away all of the time, people will study you much closer - if you are relaxed like the three of us were in Memphis - no one will really try to figure it out - they just see us as we see ourselves.

If you see yourself as a 'man in a dress' then so will they - if you see yourself as a women - then that is what you are.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest RachaelAnn

Seems strange to me. I wear a 13d in mens shoes, but an 11wide to a 12 in womens. I must have weird feet.

As far as height, barefoot I'm 6'3. When I put on my boots I jump up to 6'6, because I have always worn western boots.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 140 Guests (See full list)

• April Marie
    • Abigail Genevieve
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

AmandaJoy
    Newest Member
    AmandaJoy

1. Alexa Amorosa
      Alexa Amorosa
      (48 years old)
    2. Bluestem
      Bluestem
      (39 years old)
    3. CharlotteSW
      CharlotteSW
      (26 years old)
    4. Daisy91
      Daisy91
    5. jriddle1990
      jriddle1990
      (30 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I'm not sure the past is a sure guide to future needs.  LGB have no dog in the fight on public restrooms, for example.  That is T only, and only some T at that. 
    • Betty K
      When I appear on the radio and podcast it will be in discussion with a political scientist who will discuss those aspects. I’m focussed on the implications for kids and why the recommendations are flawed. But yes, I will probably briefly paint the political background.
    • Davie
      GFY, @Betty K. Don't forget to write about the motivations for the Cass Report, and who paid for its conclusions. "Cass Met With DeSantis Pick Over Trans Ban: Her Review Now Targets England Trans Care." — Erin Reed  And now its back to America, 'surprise, surprise.'
    • Vidanjali
      Hi @Sol. Great to hear from you and your updates are all encouraging. Wonderful all the support you're now getting from your family and to hear you sounding so positive and hopeful. Career as an archivist sounds like a great path - sensible and not too specific, but endlessly fascinating at the same time. Not only do museums employ archivists, but so do many other institutions such as historical societies and universities. Your university may have its own archives which you could visit and learn about. Take care & be well! 
    • AmandaJoy
      Hi @KathyLauren no worries!   I’ve only ever gotten a two-year degree in programming, and that one was just because I existed in the U.S. Air Force as a coder long enough to qualify for all of the technical credits, then I just took CLEP and DANTES tests to get the rest.   Most of my work has been in the security arena, lots of C/C++. Worked as a Red Hat hacker for a few years, and spent a few more years in gov’t spaces.
    • KathyLauren
      Hi, Amanda.  Your story sounds quite familiar, though my pesky body part didn't need the attention of a urologist.  You are in good company here!
    • KathyLauren
      Oops.  Sorry, @AmandaJoy, I see you have already posted an introduction. 
    • KathyLauren
      Hi, @AmandaJoy.  Welcome to Trans Pulse.  Be sure to check out the various forums and join in any threads that interest you.  We'd love to read all about you in the Introductions forum.   -----   I started programming in Dartmouth Basic in high school back in the early 1970s.  I did my degree in Computer Science.  After a brief stint in the "government flying club" (RCAF), I worked as a programmer-analyst and systems analyst for about 25 years.    I am retired now, but I still enjoy programming.  I write a lot of the code for my astrophotography observatory.    
    • Sol
      WOW HAS IT BEEN A WHILE SINCE I'VE UPDATED!!! Welp, I'm updating now, and it's been a lot of changes.  1. My mom is starting to come around a little (I think). She does refer to me more as her child now, and even offered to help me cut my hair so I think we're making a little progress. I'm still planning on going on T later and I'm gonna start saving up to buy trans tape (I can't wear binders because I have GERD), so hopefully the progress stays. My dad, sibling, friends, and my paternal grandparents have all been super supportive and I'm really lucky for that. My sibling also goes out of their way to introduce me as their brother and it makes me so happy :D 2. I've been socializing a lot more! Mostly on Discord, but I've made some new friends and I'm really happy about that!  3. I'm on birth control! I still need to go to the gyno but my GP got me on the depo shot and it's been working for me so far! My dysphoria has gone through a lot of ups and downs, especially around periods, but that source is pretty much gone now and I feel way better. I do have more dysphoria centered around my chest now but that's pretty easily fixed with baggy shirts most of the time.  4. I know 100% now that I'm hoping for a uterine ablation (cauterizing the uterine tissue so it doesn't grow) at some point in the future and it's likely something I'll have to save up for but from my research it's a lot less invasive and safer than a hysterectomy so I definitely recommend it if people are able to access it. I also know that after that, I want to save up for a reduction to combat the chest dysphoria, and I still like having it sometimes so I'll keep a bit of it (I'm shooting for an A cup, I'm a C cup currently).  5. I've been writing more and I've even got some ideas for art projects! I also got an Archive of Our Own account where I post my finished writing, and I'm starting a book project at my mom's urging (she said she wanted that as her Christmas present so I'm gonna try, might not get it done this year though). I haven't gotten to write much lately but I'm hoping to change that this month.  And finally, 6. I'm gonna be a college junior and I have a career path to pursue! I'm gonna be an archivist, hopefully working for a museum (not too specific on where, I just like museums).  So yeah, a lot of stuff has happened and it's been pretty good! 
    • AmandaJoy
      Hi Thea!   Professional coder since ‘90, hobbyist since ‘83. C/C++, C#, Java, Ruby, Python, Ada, COBOL, Fortran, various flavors of BASIC. Love C, but it’s mostly been about Python recently.
    • Ivy
      Welcome Amanda
    • Ivy
    • Ivy
      Welcome Justine
    • Cynthia Slowan
      Welcome Amanda!! 💗 Cynthia 
    • Vidanjali
      Hello & welcome, Ash!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.